hibs.net Messageboard

Page 373 of 667 FirstFirst ... 273323363371372373374375383423473 ... LastLast
Results 11,161 to 11,190 of 19990
    How can anyone say it’s not a red card? He’s looked and seen the boy, he even looks like he’s flicked a leg out, and then closed fist swung his arm and caught the boy on the chin. It’s a red card in every game in every league. Browns got away with that for years, about time he got pulled up for it.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    How many penalty decisions has Collum got wrong in the last couple of months? 6 off the top of my head. Utterly shambolic

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Having watched that back after the game it probably is a red imo.

The actual contact isn’t so bad but the ball is away and he’s planted himself, waited for the guy and swung at him. I thought it was more of an on the ball incident at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How can anyone say it’s not a red card? He’s looked and seen the boy, he even looks like he’s flicked a leg out, and then closed fist swung his arm and caught the boy on the chin. It’s a red card in every game in every league. Browns got away with that for years, about time he got pulled up for it.

I’ve changed my mind after seeing it again. Red all day long.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Stick on red absolute cheap shot

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Ok. I am all for giving people a chance, depending on what they have done.

A drug dealer though? No thanks, when I was hiring people, I wouldn't employ someone like him.
    I think it’s fair that you can ‘discriminate’ against someone with a criminal record to a degree, I just think it should be left down to individual employers to decide themselves and not have another body such as the SFA make the decision for them.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post

I’ve changed my mind after seeing it again. Red all day long.
    Me too !

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    That puts Celtic twenty points behind in the league but they have two games in hand, so once they're played that's Celtic twenty points behind in the league.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    They'll need it
    Think St Mirren will win

Real Madrid knocked out of the Copa Del Rey by Alcoyano...

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Magpie View Post
    Real Madrid knocked out of the Copa Del Rey by Alcoyano...
    Proper setup in Spain. Lower ranked team always hosts the game in Copa Del Rey.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Top of the league. 🇾🇪🇾🇪🇾🇪
    Until City play that game in hand 😉

Another game undefeated away though, good going.

Left by mutual consent!
    Very impressed with the Livingston manager. He's just been on Sportsound. What a record so far.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    You think there shouldn't be questions due to him being a convicted drug dealer?
    Think he'll be alright anyway. If someone who has been convicted of multiple counts of fraud - and described in the process as a "glib and shameless liar" by the judge - is deemed a "fit and proper" person by the SFA, I'm pretty sure anything goes.

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eastterrace View Post
    Change the word Hearts to Hibs .
    so true. I’d have fancied us in that cup final

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar

Livi really ripping the pish

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by Allez Hibs View Post
    Very impressed with the Livingston manager. He's just been on Sportsound. What a record so far.
    He obviously knows his stuff. But then again I thought that about Hecky and look how that ended up 🙃

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Stanton View Post
    Think he'll be alright anyway. If someone who has been convicted of multiple counts of fraud - and described in the process as a "glib and shameless liar" by the judge - is deemed a "fit and proper" person by the SFA, I'm pretty sure anything goes.
    Yes, fair comment. They basically buggered the entire system after that.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    It's not the first time the lines have disappeared at Livi

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post

Livi really ripping the pish

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Real Madrid got knocked out of the Spanish Cup tonight by third tier side Alcoyano. 2-1 AET, Real had opened the scoring. A huge night for Alcoyano. They play in the town of Alcoy (near Valencia). Congratulations to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    Real Madrid got knocked out of the Spanish Cup tonight by third tier side Alcoyano. 2-1 AET, Real had opened the scoring. A huge night for Alcoyano. They play in the town of Alcoy (near Valencia). Congratulations to them.
    They were down to 10 men before scoring the winner too. Real Madrid and Barcelona a shadow of what they were.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Stanton View Post
    15 years ago. He's shown his remorse for it and worked hard to get his current role and be great at it thus far. Can't let it define your life otherwise what's the point in rehabilitating people?

@hibs.net private member
    Did he stand on him afterwards. I only seen the incident a couple of times and it was idiotic but I think he also may have stood on the guy as he was lying on the ground. Moronic for such an experienced player but he is similar to Lennon and is a terrible loser and will swing out at the nearest target when it isn't going well.

Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    Did he stand on him afterwards. I only seen the incident a couple of times and it was idiotic but I think he also may have stood on the guy as he was lying on the ground. Moronic for such an experienced player but he is similar to Lennon and is a terrible loser and will swing out at the nearest target when it isn't going well.
    No idea, he definitely had a kick (more a flick but still daft) while throwing the arm/fist towards the player.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    Its amazing how honking Celtic have become under lennon this year...its his last year at Hibs on repeat
    Predictable would be the word I would use. There is only so long a shouty manager, who doesn't do tactics can keep the best team in the country, with by far the most resources at the top. He was a disaster waiting to happen and it defies belief that the Celtc board kept him on after the Elastoplast period that was required when Rodgers left. They will take a wee while to recover as he has left them in a worse position squad wise than he inherited. The next manager may be a Celtc version of Heck who can't get enough quality in during a single window. The only sad thing is that the other cheek ends up winning the league. If we had just kept our form for the home games we would have had a great chance of second.

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Not for me.

It wouldn’t be questioned if it was a player. It wouldn’t be questioned in day-to-day life either as far as I’m aware unless it was company policy, which it clearly isn’t for Livi?
    Of course it would. Not sure what jobs you apply for but the vast majority do criminal background checks and if you are in any position of responsibility then there is a slim chance you are getting through with a drug conviction.

The Mr Nice guy that is being presented by the football press is a big leap forward from his past, and the reason that Kenny Millar and Gary Holt were there (and now arent there).

There is no real change at Livingston. DM has been running that team for a long time.
    Last edited by Brightside; 21-01-2021 at 07:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    Of course it would. Not sure what jobs you apply for but the vast majority to criminal background checks and if you are in any position of responsibility then there is a slim chance you are getting through with a drug conviction.

The Mr Nice guy that is being present by the football press is a big leap forward from his past, and the reason that Kenny Millar and Gary Holt were there (and now arent there).

There is no real change at Livingston. DM has been running that team for a long time.
    As I said, as far as I’m aware that’s company policy, not something that is decided by another organisation. If Livi don’t carry that company policy then that’s totally up to them and it shouldn’t be enforced by a different organisation.

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    As I said, as far as I’m aware that’s company policy, not something that is decided by another organisation. If Livi don’t carry that company policy then that’s totally up to them and it shouldn’t be enforced by a different organisation.
    Background checks are law - not company policy. Companies do it to adhere to strict regulations. SFA member clubs have to adhere to those regulations. As others have said i fully expect him to be passed but I wouldnt pass him in a million years. We arent talking about someone who sold a bit of grass. He was a major member of one of the biggest criminal organizations in scotland. Think how many people have been damaged due to the actions of those crimes.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    Background checks are law - not company policy. Companies do it to adhere to strict regulations. SFA member clubs have to adhere to those regulations. As others have said i fully expect him to be passed but I wouldnt pass him in a million years. We arent talking about someone who sold a bit of grass. He was a major member of one of the biggest criminal organizations in scotland. Think how many people have been damaged due to the actions of those crimes.
    It's not a legal requirement, except in some industries.https://www.gov.uk/employers-checks-job-applicants