hibs.net Messageboard

Page 466 of 667 FirstFirst ... 366416456464465466467468476516566 ... LastLast
Results 13,951 to 13,980 of 19990
    @hibs.net private member Mantis Toboggan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was there in May and there wasn't any at that point.
    Fair enough - this was a few years ago and may have changed, very off-putting at the time though!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Another 45 minutes of utter dross this evening at Goodison.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    st pauli score on 87 mins 1-0

hamburger players getting all angry now

ref sends hamburger player off for kicking out :)

FT 1-0 Scenes for the victors lol
    Last edited by cabbageandribs1875; 01-03-2021 at 08:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Another 45 minutes of utter dross this evening at Goodison.
    The second half was even poorer and not improved by the worst commentators in the business - Martin Tyler and Jim Beglin. I shudder to think what they are paid for droning on in such an unprofessional manner.

I prefer Union Berlin. A proper club for the working class, helped to rebuild by the working class.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

https://youtu.be/lMSpCcaRg9I

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Almiron and Saint-Maximin are out until April for Newcastle. Things are starting to go from bad to worse for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpie View Post
    Almiron and Saint-Maximin are out until April for Newcastle. Things are starting to go from bad to worse for them.
    I fear for Newcastle's survival as things are going.

Fulham have certainly improved. The margin is now only three points and Fulham have a better goal difference.

One win for Fulham and it could all change.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl07 View Post
    I fear for Newcastle's survival as things are going.

Fulham have certainly improved. The margin is now only three points and Fulham have a better goal difference.

One win for Fulham and it could all change.
    Last game of the season is Fulham v Newcastle, will probably come down to it.

Cummings scores his 3rd in 3 games for Dundee. 2-0 up Vs the Jambo lovers.

City making it look comfortable again. I think that offside was too close to call at the end of the first half.

City making it look comfortable again. I think that offside was too close to call at the end of the first half.
    Feel like I say this every week but I hate that now. That wasn’t what offside was brought in for and I understand there has to be a point when your offside, but this sleeve/arm nonsense is doing my head in. Teams should start playing with basketball style vests then see how they police it - plus the lines on the pitch that they draw are about a foot wide.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    Feel like I say this every week but I hate that now. That wasn’t what offside was brought in for and I understand there has to be a point when your offside, but this sleeve/arm nonsense is doing my head in. Teams should start playing with basketball style vests then see how they police it - plus the lines on the pitch that they draw are about a foot wide.
    I’ve seen a few VAR decisions this season too where there have been questions asked whether they are actually reviewing the offside from the moment the player actually kicks the ball or not. I’m all for VAR but there is still work to be done on it.

Assuming that Man Utd beat Palace tomorrow, if City beat United on the weekend it’s looking likely that City will only need 5 wins from their last 10 games to win the league.

City 1-1 Wolves

City 2-1 Wolves

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    City 3-1.

21 consecutive wins now. *******s.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

4-1

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    City 3-1.

21 consecutive wins now. *******s.
    Now 4-1. The title was never in doubt.

Now 4-1. The title was never in doubt.
    It was pretty in doubt when Leicester smacked them 5-2. Great run since. With the money they spend it should never be in doubt

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    It was pretty in doubt when Leicester smacked them 5-2. Great run since. With the money they spend it should never be in doubt
    When the rest are spending astronomical amounts as well it would always be a battle, Pep showing why he’s rightly regarded as one of the best coaches ever yet again this year. They’ve been frightening week on week now.

When the rest are spending astronomical amounts as well it would always be a battle, Pep showing why he’s rightly regarded as one of the best coaches ever yet again this year. They’ve been frightening week on week now.
    No one is spending City numbers tbf. They're a great side but they should be. They have like 4 fullbacks that cost 40 odd million. No one else has that luxury.

Yes, the form can't be knocked. It's an incredibly tough domestic league, plus Champions League wins. 21 consecutive wins is astonishing.

I think that was very much the wake up call they needed. 21 consecutive wins might never be seen again. Absolutely brilliant team, will win it again next year too IMO.

I think that was very much the wake up call they needed. 21 consecutive wins might never be seen again. Absolutely brilliant team, will win it again next year too IMO.
    It will be seen again. Records are always broken. It isn't even a world record.

No one is spending City numbers tbf. They're a great side but they should be. They have like 4 fullbacks that cost 40 odd million. No one else has that luxury.
    Really? All the big clubs in England have the ability to spend huge amounts of money. Chelsea in the summer there a prime example, United spending £80m on a centre half an example, Liverpool likewise. Spending that money doesn’t guarantee success due to the over inflated prices their clubs have to pay for players. They’ve now gone 28 games unbeaten, in the self proclaimed most competitive league in the world as well as the biggest competition in the world.

Not disputing they spend more than most, however down there whether you’re buying someone for £60m or £80m your getting a similar level of player, just having to pay over the odds for them.

It will be seen again. Records are always broken. It isn't even a world record.
    Just out of curiosity has it been done before by a team in the top flight of English football? And if so who. Genuinely not sure if it has.

7:30 tomorrow night is the Sicilian derby, Catania v Palermo. However, it isn't the game it once was, with both clubs currently languishing in Italian Serie C. If my memory serves, I think Catania went through a financial crisis; not sure what the story is with Palermo. Both clubs have played in Serie A in their recent history.

Really? All the big clubs in England have the ability to spend huge amounts of money. Chelsea in the summer there a prime example, United spending £80m on a centre half an example, Liverpool likewise. Spending that money doesn’t guarantee success due to the over inflated prices their clubs have to pay for players. They’ve now gone 28 games unbeaten, in the self proclaimed most competitive league in the world as well as the biggest competition in the world.

Not disputing they spend more than most, however down there whether you’re buying someone for £60m or £80m your getting a similar level of player, just having to pay over the odds for them.
    Chelsea did spend silly money but a lot of it was the Hazard money. The only thing stopping City spending is FFP.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    A couple of Premiership games on tonight
    Hamilton v St Johnstone and Livvi v Rangers

A Rangers win would all but finish Livvi’s chances of 4th