hibs.net Messageboard

Page 143 of 667 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145153193243643 ... LastLast
Results 4,261 to 4,290 of 19990
    FT Leicester 0 Aston Villa 1

SJM classy throughout. Great goal from Barkley.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Do we have a Villa Win the League clause in the McGinn contract? If not, why not?!!

@hibs.net private member
    Get in there villa.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    He looks even better this season does our meatball. That midfield with Barkley, McGinn and Grealish is excellent.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He looks even better this season does our meatball. That midfield with Barkley, McGinn and Grealish is excellent.
    Dougla luiz is good also good balance there.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Villa have made some excellent signings that solve all the problems they had last season. They've now got a decent keeper, a settled back 4, Barkley is a really good signing and they've got striker that scores goals. Plus SJM and Grealish. Looking good.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    Villa have made some excellent signings that solve all the problems they had last season. They've now got a decent keeper, a settled back 4, Barkley is a really good signing and they've got striker that scores goals. Plus SJM and Grealish. Looking good.
    It's perfect for them to be honest. It shows such a fine line in that league though. A couple of 1-0 wins at the end of last season can now let them build a fantastic young hungry side instead of being dismantled and kicking about the Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    Watching Grealish more closely this season he is a fantastic player. McGinn is also one of their best players. We are going to make a fortune off him.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Quote Originally Posted by The 90+2 View Post
    It was offside? It wasn’t violent conduct either. I’ve seen McGregor do worse loads of times.
    Offside is wholly irrelevant

Peter Walton ex referee on sky said it was a clear red card

I agree with him

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Magpie View Post
    Watching Grealish more closely this season he is a fantastic player. McGinn is also one of their best players. We are going to make a fortune off him.
    Undoubtedly so. Albeit tonight he wasn't at his most productive. One of those nights where he tried to take on that one player too many and the chance was gone. Wasn't his best but still always involved wanting the ball and running at the defence. Every other Aston Villa player was on their game though including SJM and they deserved their win especially the second half performance where they dominated most of the match. Leicester were hard to break down and it took an excellent strike from Barkley to win it. Grealish is without doubt a top class player though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    The match wouldn't have been on TV if fans had been allowed though. It's no different to having paid £15 to watch Ross County v Hibs yesterday.

The only people who should be annoyed are Newcastle season ticket holders but I think I read that Premier League clubs are refunding fans for every game that they are unable to attend in person although I'm not 100% on that.
    I take that back, it seems as if season ticket holders are not necessarily being refunded and are also not getting these games for free.

The £14.95 fee is fair enough for non-season ticket holders, away fans and any neutrals but not for season ticket holders after they have already shelled out for a season ticket.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54597058

Aston Villa certainly are. Hibs not so much.
    Hope John can enjoy a few days of now and be ready for their match on Friday.
    He's had a tough couple of weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by RitchieHibs View Post
    Undoubtedly so. Albeit tonight he wasn't at his most productive. One of those nights where he tried to take on that one player too many and the chance was gone. Wasn't his best but still always involved wanting the ball and running at the defence. Every other Aston Villa player was on their game though including SJM and they deserved their win especially the second half performance where they dominated most of the match. Leicester were hard to break down and it took an excellent strike from Barkley to win it. Grealish is without doubt a top class player though.
    Barkley, Grealish and McGinn is a great midfield for Villa. Douglas Luiz offers them that protection too. I thought they would struggle again this season but they have recruited well.

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    Aston Villa certainly are. Hibs not so much.
    Hope John can enjoy a few days of now and be ready for their match on Friday.
    He's had a tough couple of weeks.
    Is it 10-15% we get with St Mirren getting a share of that? I think Villa will get at least £40m for McGinn if he keeps improving. If we can get another £4-5m on top of the money we have already received that’s a decent earner for ourselves.

Is it 10-15% we get with St Mirren getting a share of that? I think Villa will get at least £40m for McGinn if he keeps improving. If we can get another £4-5m on top of the money we have already received that’s a decent earner for ourselves.
    The figure is 15%. This is gospel - it came from someone high up at Hibs.

What if he dont move, stays with Villa as his deal will only get betterand better, reminds me of Des Bremner with Villa he won a European Cup medal, still down there never moved.

Quote Originally Posted by JGS56 View Post
    The figure is 15%. This is gospel - it came from someone high up at Hibs.

Yup, confirmed in front of dozens of fans. Only downside is we don’t know if St Mirren get another cut. I wouldn’t think so but the question was never asked

Barkley, Grealish and McGinn is a great midfield for Villa. Douglas Luiz offers them that protection too. I thought they would struggle again this season but they have recruited well.
    Totally agree with you. They look a far more organised settled team this season with the four players you named playing starring roles. i also really like their defenders Ming and the left back Matt Targett who bombs up and down the left side and puts his body on the line at vital moments. The whole team are playing really well though as a unit that their position fully illustrates. An entertaining side to watch especially when Grealish and SJM are playing well.

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    I thought st mirren got their cut when we sold him?

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lendo View Post
    Do we have a Villa Win the League clause in the McGinn contract? If not, why not?!!
    Petrie!!!

Totally agree with you. They look a far more organised settled team this season with the four players you named playing starring roles. i also really like their defenders Ming and the left back Matt Targett who bombs up and down the left side and puts his body on the line at vital moments. The whole team are playing really well though as a unit that their position fully illustrates. An entertaining side to watch especially when Grealish and SJM are playing well.
    Goalkeeper has been brilliant since he has come in too. I thought he did enough to keep his place in the Arsenal team the end of last season.

I agree. That Ming is a merciless defender and I should know.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Cash at right back is an upgrade also.

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    I agree. That Ming is a merciless defender and I should know.
    Gordon’s alive!!!

Just seen Josh Campbell's goal for Edinburgh City at the weekend, some strike.

Aberdeen v Hamilton tonight. Hopefully Hamilton can nick a point at the very last.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Aberdeen v Hamilton tonight. Hopefully Hamilton can nick a point at the very last.
    Definitely. If they don't, Aberdeen go above us with a game in hand.

Fair enough that game in hand is against Celtic. But wouldn't bet against Aberdeen getting something against them just now.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    aberdeen score

12 mins

Hamilton are absolute dug*****

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Aberdeen 2 hamilton 0. some goal

that'll be game

3-0