6 11.11%
  • Depressed

1 1.85%
  • No idea

15 27.78%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This time next week after Killie game

Will you be happy or sad?

I don't think I can recall a season when I've got no idea how we're going to fare. Usually, we've seen pre-season games to make up our minds.

So, will it be a win? Or a well deserved or unlucky draw. OMG, we could even lose.

So, what's your gut feel on how you'll feel.
    Last edited by theonlywayisup; 25-07-2020 at 06:38 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Buzzing after finally getting to see Hibs play again after months!

The 4-0 Victory with two for Doidge and a goal each for Nisbet and the sub Gullan obviously will help

Left by mutual consent!
    It will be carnage on here if we don’t win and anything happens to the coverage on Hibs Tv. I think we will draw.

The start of a season is usually a time for optimism and excitement so I accept I'm likely to be in a minority of one but I just can't get enthused about the new season at all.

Football needs fans, every time I watch a game on TV at the moment I lose interest. It doesn't matter how good it is or how loud the Fifa sound effects are, fans not going mental after every bad tackle or dodgy offside call detracts from the spectacle for me.

Add to that next season is going to be dominated by the tedious 10 in a row. It will either be Celtic fans tediously painting it as the greatest triumph in football ever or Rangers fans getting the satisfaction of stopping them. There were signs last season both of them had reasserted the duopoly at the top of the league and the current climate is unlikely to see them dragged back towards the rest anytime soon.

My gut instinct is that fans of most clubs will be seeing this season as 'one to get through' by about mid October. The emergence of a few young players may well be a welcome outcome though.

Of course I reserve the right to completely change my opinion and hail us as the best team in Europe if we win comfortably next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The start of a season is usually a time for optimism and excitement so I accept I'm likely to be in a minority of one but I just can't get enthused about the new season at all.

Football needs fans, every time I watch a game on TV at the moment I lose interest. It doesn't matter how good it is or how loud the Fifa sound effects are, fans not going mental after every bad tackle or dodgy offside call detracts from the spectacle for me.

Add to that next season is going to be dominated by the tedious 10 in a row. It will either be Celtic fans tediously painting it as the greatest triumph in football ever or Rangers fans getting the satisfaction of stopping them. There were signs last season both of them had reasserted the duopoly at the top of the league and the current climate is unlikely to see them dragged back towards the rest anytime soon.

My gut instinct is that fans of most clubs will be seeing this season as 'one to get through' by about mid October. The emergence of a few young players may well be a welcome outcome though.

Of course I reserve the right to completely change my opinion and hail us as the best team in Europe if we win comfortably next week.
    One interesting feature will be the fact that there are no crowds watching the games. Will Celtic and The Rangers struggle because they don't have their fans intimidating the opposition and, yes, the referees.

Or will they enforce their superiority because they do have better players than the rest.

To be honest, I'm glad SPFL football is back.

I predict 2-1 Hibs and with the fact every single moment of every game will now be televised live, I predict constant conversations around VAR.

Can’t wait for Hibs to be back now. I think the idea of almost writing the season off PB is just odd, I think Hibs have shown a wee bit of intent certainly to do more than just muddle through.
    Last edited by Bobby's Cinema; 25-07-2020 at 07:21 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    It's got a draw written all over it.

It'll be surreal and home advantage will be out the window with no fans. I think we'll win though and im confident for the season ahead. Good manager and good signings, big players back from injury etc. Bring it on.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    It's got a draw written all over it.
    A bit of positivity Ronaldo

More than likely a draw.

You're not in a minority of one, I'll watch the game next weekend and look out for the other scores but I also can't get excited about the prospect of closed doors football at all.

Going mental in my living room just doesn't have the same effect.

Its going to be odd watching the games from the sofa with no fans. I have not enjoyed the english football under these circumstances

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    Its going to be odd watching the games from the sofa with no fans. I have not enjoyed the english football under these circumstances
    Me neither. Does nothing for me ..I suspect it will mean a bit more when it’s our team
    Playing. But still pretty underwhelming

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    I really struggled without football. Both my partner and myself went through deaths in our families within three weeks of each other just before lockdown came into place and football is an escape for me, piped in crowd noise or not. It'll be nice to be able to debate whether or not x player is any good or wonder why on earth the goal that was clearly offside for us was chalked off again

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Hard to get my head round Hibs playing at Easter Road and me watching them on TV

Anyway, moving on ...................a Hibs win next Saturday.
    Kilmarnock have lost a few decent players from last season (O' Donnell, goalkeepers and Gary Dicker is a year older) and they appear not to be fully staffed.
    Of those Hibs have lost only Docherty's absense will make any difference.

As another poster said if Hibs TV has any issues during the match there will be carnage on here.

Hibs tae win by two or more goals

It’ll be strange not being able to check how hertz are getting on at half time....

Same.

@hibs.net private member
    Can't wait to see Hibs in action. Really missed it over the past few months.

An 8-3 thriller.

First game of the season. At home. Few pints in the Arti. Laugh at the dudes waiting in the queue for the west lower when there is a wee secret way to get in.

If we are going to achieve anything of note this season then these are the games we need to win. Weve been given a decent start in our first 3 games. We cant afford a slow start or a horrendous one like last season.

@hibs.net private member Dalianwanda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    3-0 us....As i can’t get Hibs Tv (stuck in coverage no mans land of ROI) i’ll be relying on the match day thread. Would maybe be good to have a separate ‘Hibtv’ thread so the match day one isn’t flooded with access comments.

I like the sound of our new signings, i do think we have quality right through the squad to get the best from all players eg gogic to help defence & I think JR will turn out to be a great manager for us. We’re in a decent place in tough times, hopefully that shines through.

I'm absolutely buzzing for next week. It's really not bothering me that no fans will be there. That's what's happening let's get on with it

Quote Originally Posted by Dalianwanda View Post
    3-0 us....As i can’t get Hibs Tv (stuck in coverage no mans land of ROI) i’ll be relying on the match day thread. Would maybe be good to have a separate ‘Hibtv’ thread so the match day one isn’t flooded with access comments.

I like the sound of our new signings, i do think we have quality right through the squad to get the best from all players eg gogic to help defence & I think JR will turn out to be a great manager for us. We’re in a decent place in tough times, hopefully that shines through.
    With so many folk having access to the game theres bound tae be a link somewhere.

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar

See I get what you are saying re interest but this time it’ll be your team so there will be an interest in that regard. I reckon it’ll be a bit difficult to keep the interest peaked during the game purely because there’ll no doubt be other stuff happening around me!

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Logie Green View Post
    It’ll be strange not being able to check how hertz are getting on at half time....
    Strange but extremely welcome ;-)

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    A bit of positivity Ronaldo
    Happy to be proved wrong, as long as the win is for us.

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    I think we’ll do well.

Some good signings, Jack Ross’ first full season, no bloodied turds with an inexplicably good derby record to worry about, I’d be disappointed with anything less than top 4

that said, we’ll probably throw away a 2-0 lead against killie next week and our old Hibs will be well and truly back

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Trager View Post
    See I get what you are saying re interest but this time it’ll be your team so there will be an interest in that regard. I reckon it’ll be a bit difficult to keep the interest peaked during the game purely because there’ll no doubt be other stuff happening around me!
    Agreed.

I tried a couple of the English games and switched off at half time in both because I just couldn't find any interest in what was happening.

Yet I readily watch Hibs Women playing despite the fact that a couple of hundred fans doesn't make for a loud atmosphere.

The difference between the two is that the latter involves Hibs. So the fact that next Saturday's crowd will consist of 33 cardboard kangaroos won't affect my interest in watching Hibs play.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

This question has probably been answered a million times but when the games are televised on Sky will there be artificial crowd noise played?