hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Have you been watching the news?

Scotland is doing well up to now after the lockdown but why would anyone believe that this problem is anywhere near over? It’s not over by a Long shot so don’t get your hopes up. Call it wave 2 or wave 3 as some places are calling it but COVID is far from over and normal life is far from coming back. This isn’t going away anytime soon. The Relaxing of rules and summer travel Is going to see another ramp in cases, then there will be winter and the question of have i got COVID or the general flu/cold etc.

The MSM are at fault here (along with a weak government), they make you believe the world is ending, then it’s all ok and then .........what i just described above.

It’s not going away, we’ll not be back in ER this season (unless a vaccine comes) . Less disappointed faces when we face reality.

Australia thought they skipped it and they had very strict travel rules (unlike the uk). Vietnam thought they skipped it (they didn’t), Hong Kong are on wave 3 which is worse than the previous. Spain, Germany,......I actually can’t write about everywhere that’s struggling again. So tell me why Scotland is going to be ok? Is it the same reason that Scotland wasn’t going to be impacted the first time?

Time to wake up folks.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by SingaporeHibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Scotland is doing well up to now after the lockdown but why would anyone believe that this problem is anywhere near over? It’s not over by a Long shot so don’t get your hopes up. Call it wave 2 or wave 3 as some places are calling it but COVID is far from over and normal life is far from coming back. This isn’t going away anytime soon. The Relaxing of rules and summer travel Is going to see another ramp in cases, then there will be winter and the question of have i got COVID or the general flu/cold etc.

The MSM are at fault here (along with a weak government), they make you believe the world is ending, then it’s all ok and then .........what i just described above.

It’s not going away, we’ll not be back in ER this season (unless a vaccine comes) . Less disappointed faces when we face reality.

Australia thought they skipped it and they had very strict travel rules (unlike the uk). Vietnam thought they skipped it (they didn’t), Hong Kong are on wave 3 which is worse than the previous. Spain, Germany,......I actually can’t write about everywhere that’s struggling again. So tell me why Scotland is going to be ok? Is it the same reason that Scotland wasn’t going to be impacted the first time?

Time to wake up folks.
    I think the FM will probably have a better idea than you whether we'll be getting back soon.

Nobody is saying 'its over' but life goes on as safely as is reasonable, if you want to wait for a vaccine, you may have a very long wait, or quite possibly never see one.

Quote Originally Posted by SingaporeHibs View Post

Time to wake up folks.
    I agree we still have to be vigilante but one of the main reasons Scotland is doing so well is how the incumbent administration is not caving in to pressure from other parties to relax the lockdown rules too quickly highlighted today by remaining in phase 3.

As mentioned above, the estimate is 300 infectious individuals in Scotland which equates to 6 per 100,000 so theoretically, less than 30 people in Edinburgh should infections be spread evenly across the population. I know that an even spread is unlikely but gives you some idea of the chances of actually catching COVID, or I could be talking rubbish.

I'm not advocating we throw open the doors of Easter Road to all and sundry, but provided the general public remain vigilant and stick to the rules (not like some folk I've seen with a facemask covering only their nose and not their mouth) then there is some hope that we may, even in limited numbers, return to Easter Road before the year is out.

On the plus side, I can have a beer when watching us pump Kilmarnock on Saturday

Finally, a reminder to everyone, remember FACTS and stay safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post
    I think the FM will probably have a better idea than you whether we'll be getting back soon.

Nobody is saying 'its over' but life goes on as safely as is reasonable, if you want to wait for a vaccine, you may have a very long wait, or quite possibly never see one.
    I don’t trust in the FM anymore than I trust Boris. Short sighted eagerness to get the economy going (which I agree needs to happen) doesn’t mean in a few weeks time that we’ll see crowds back at ER. Yes, we need shops open, bars open and people travelling locally using social distancing but when does that transfer into having 20k people or 10k people going into a stadium. Look how quick the quarantine on Spain came into play. We’re talking about running before we can walk. I’m just adding some realistic goals in here. The world is struggling on an increasingly difficult scale, Scotland isn’t about to avoid it.

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    Numbers are creeping up and clusters are appearing in several countries again. Countries that are well ahead of us in the covid timeline. The pattern is being repeated. But crack on with your complacent view and dream of decent crowds at ER in Sept.
    What complacent view would that be? I haven’t said anything will happen. I haven’t said anything should happen. But it doesn’t mean they shouldn’t be looking at what could happen.

The ‘complacent view’ comment is poor. A couple of months ago not many folk thought they’d be sitting in a pub for example. We can only go on what is happening in this country. And as it stands we have a good chance of progressing. Fans are getting in to a game in Northern Ireland this week. Test events already done at cricket. 5,000 going to the racing at Goodwood on Saturday.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Do you think with the Rangers game, possibly being the 1st one that fans getting in. We could sell them the full south, and then let Rangers ballet them for the 1,000 seats, or is that being cruel

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    What complacent view would that be? I haven’t said anything will happen. I haven’t said anything should happen. But it doesn’t mean they shouldn’t be looking at what could happen.

The ‘complacent view’ comment is poor. A couple of months ago not many folk thought they’d be sitting in a pub for example. We can only go on what is happening in this country. And as it stands we have a good chance of progressing. Fans are getting in to a game in Northern Ireland this week. Test events already done at cricket. 5,000 going to the racing at Goodwood on Saturday.
    Ok. You were putting forward a view that there could be a decent number more folk allowed into the ground than one of the previous posters was suggesting. You were then making suggestions as to how having that higher number could work.

Maybe me suggesting that was a complacent view was a bit off. So sorry for that. You mentioned pubs - but they’ve only been back a couple of weeks so lets see how that pans out. It will also be interesting to see if there’s any fallout from the test events - especially when there are several thousand there like Goodwood. The cricket only allowed a max of 1000 in - not sure what the actual attendance was.

I think Scotland is doing the right thing in taking it a bit slower than down south. We might get some crowds back in gradually but I don’t think it’ll be anything like half capacity to start with. We have a long way to go and this thing’s going to throw a few more bumps at us along the way.

Looking forward to getting back to ER but I’ll gladly watch the games online until it’s as safe as it can be to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Do you think with the Rangers game, possibly being the 1st one that fans getting in. We could sell them the full south, and then let Rangers ballet them for the 1,000 seats, or is that being cruel
    I doubt there will be away fans in any stadium this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    Not as simple as every second seat though, can't use the seat behind or in front. Not sure about diagonal either.

In the other hand, surely family groups could be accommodated? I'd be a bit frustrated if I could attend, but couldn't take my sons.
    If things stay as they are, then it's 2 meters in all directions. With masks, maybe that can be reduced to 1 metre or whatever but honestly, who wants to watch a football match, against Rangers no less, wearing a mask? Probably a fair few folk but were I in a position to be a ST holder/regular walk up, I'd be waiting until things were properly back to normal, at least no mask required, before I went back.

Ok. You were putting forward a view that there could be a decent number more folk allowed into the ground than one of the previous posters was suggesting. You were then making suggestions as to how having that higher number could work.

Maybe me suggesting that was a complacent view was a bit off. So sorry for that. You mentioned pubs - but they’ve only been back a couple of weeks so lets see how that pans out. It will also be interesting to see if there’s any fallout from the test events - especially when there are several thousand there like Goodwood. The cricket only allowed a max of 1000 in - not sure what the actual attendance was.

I think Scotland is doing the right thing in taking it a bit slower than down south. We might get some crowds back in gradually but I don’t think it’ll be anything like half capacity to start with. We have a long way to go and this thing’s going to throw a few more bumps at us along the way.

Looking forward to getting back to ER but I’ll gladly watch the games online until it’s as safe as it can be to do so.
    There have been a lot of things that were meant to generate spikes. The packed beaches etc. I’m not saying that we won’t get a second wave, nobody knows. But I don’t think we can compare Scotland to Spain or Germany for instance. Massive countries, with massive cities, with massive populations. Now that we have things in place to control it, which we didn’t have at the point of the initial outbreak, I think we stand a good chance of at least containing it this time.

I don’t think we’ll have 10k inside ER straight away either, but I don’t think it’ll be as low as 10% (potential test event aside). What I’m saying is that I think we’ll be able to cater for a fair number of season ticket holders who actually want to or can go though. Not that we’ll cater for all season ticket holders.

There will be a number of people who don’t want to go straight away when grounds reopen. There is a fairly high number of season ticket holders who don’t turn up on any given week due to other commitments etc. Perhaps they’ll have some kind of registration system for each game prior to a ballot or something like that. There’ll have to be something because I’m presuming they’d need to issue different tickets to account for social distancing and so on.

Basically, I think we just need to try and be as creative as we can to get as many folk in as we can. The last thing that can happen is tickets going unused when we operate at any reduced capacity. One advantage up here is that very few grounds are near capacity anyway. Our average attendance might have been given as 17k last season based on tickets sold. But there was rarely 17k actually in the ground. It might not take as long as folk think to build up to having actual attendances to a similar level.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    Originally thought that. Take Livingston as an example though. They only partially occupy one stand. That might stretch in to one of the others with distancing still in place. Would there really be any reason to stop them selling to away fans as well?

Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    If things stay as they are, then it's 2 meters in all directions. With masks, maybe that can be reduced to 1 metre or whatever but honestly, who wants to watch a football match, against Rangers no less, wearing a mask? Probably a fair few folk but were I in a position to be a ST holder/regular walk up, I'd be waiting until things were properly back to normal, at least no mask required, before I went back.
    I wonder if for policing we would be allowed to use masks? Not so easy to identify people using CCTV should there be incidents like the arse that allegedly attacked a The Rangers player last season. Granted, with a reduced capacity and no away support that sort of thing is unlikely to happen.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Parts of England going into partial lockdown again, over 4 million in greater Manchester alone. Yet Goodwood is letting 5000 race fans in tomorrow for the last day of racing there.

It is difficult times, damned if you do and all that.

Sturgeon just said stadia with spectators, on the basis funerals and weddings are still massively restricted, I struggle to understand how they can then justify 1000’s into a stadium especially when sporting events have come under so much scrutiny for going ahead in Feb/March.

Lockdown suppressed the virus but with relaxation of the rules, numbers can only start to creep up again. If they do allow fans, it won’t last long, strict restrictions will be back imposed as we go into a 2nd or 3rd wave.

Herd immunity was a theory to battle this but that’s miles off, only 10% or even less in UK will have the antibody and for herd immunity to work needs 60%.

Also, gyms and swimming pools won’t open til mid September or maybe brought forward to end of August, I know they are higher risk than open air stadiums but can’t see them allowing 1000’s into events to mingle maybe ‘spectators‘ might mean 100 or so folk; players family and a few club officials.

Quote Originally Posted by dangermouse View Post
    I wonder if for policing we would be allowed to use masks? Not so easy to identify people using CCTV should there be incidents like the arse that allegedly attacked a The Rangers player last season. Granted, with a reduced capacity and no away support that sort of thing is unlikely to happen.
    The government will insist on masks. I don’t think there will be any doubts around that. The police won’t have a say in it. In the current circumstances it would be a ludicrous decision anyway.

The government will insist on masks. I don’t think there will be any doubts around that. The police won’t have a say in it. In the current circumstances it would be a ludicrous decision anyway.

could you imagine being told you can’t wear a mask’

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    A bit unfair for cup semis and the final.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

I can’t see Hibs being in any hurry to let reduced numbers of fans in as it”ll clearly cost the club a considerable amount of money to do so.