hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    "There's no VAR"

Mon the Hibs.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    I'm not in love with football as such but with Scottish football. I don't really care too much for the game down south and don't have an English team or a Spanish team or an Italian team, I don't care for the Champions League or Europa League, I really don't care about international football at all.

I love how we don't have VAR, always have a topic of controversy to bitch about, we go to the Tony Macaroni arena for an away game and christen it the Spaghettihad, I love that the game is high paced with mistakes and goals and enjoyment, we have the chance to see talents emerge like John McGinn, Andy Robertson etc. but also have a top league where Colin Nish is one of the top ten all time goalscorers. I love the banter like "Booked for being ugly" and I love away games in the cup to Arbroath and Cowdenbeath and Brechin and the like. I love laughing at Hearts for, amongst another million things, forgetting to order seats for a new stand.

I also wouldn't change Scottish football for anything.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member Radium's Avatar

... and when you answer the questions correctly you get the only Edinburgh club in the Premiership

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Radium View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

... and when you answer the questions correctly you get the only Edinburgh club in the Premiership

Tom English must be gutted

Surely must be some problem with the voting system! :D

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RoYO! View Post
    Surely must be some problem with the voting system! :D
    Budge is speed-dialling her lawyer as we speak

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

First Team Regular
    There’s a book mentioned in an article on fan power in today’s Guardian that really gets to grips with what’s gone wrong with English football: Can We Please Have Our Football Back? by John Nicholson, a great if somewhat depressing read. Just have to make sure we don’t go down the same route.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    You say that, but there is actual photo evidence of them on hols together:

Just like Del Boy, he was only saying the other day, this time next week we will be millionaires.

Quote Originally Posted by EI255 View Post
    They might enjoy the Glasgow Derby.
    They might enjoy Hibs v The Rangers.
    I think Aberdeen v The Rangers might also be slightly interesting for them.

However, other than that, do you really think they'll enjoy St Johnstone v Kilmarnock, Hamilton v Motherwell?

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk
    I enjoy Chelsea Liverpool, Man City Liverpool, maybe even Man Utd Arsenal.

Apart from those, do I really enjoy Watford Southampton, West Ham Brighton etc?

Can guarantee our bottom of the table clashes are far more intriguing and action packed than the ones down south. Quality is lower, as per the price, but you get far more for your money up here. How many 0-0’s were there at half time down there when football restarted?

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    I'm not in love with football as such but with Scottish football. I don't really care too much for the game down south and don't have an English team or a Spanish team or an Italian team, I don't care for the Champions League or Europa League, I really don't care about international football at all.

I love how we don't have VAR, always have a topic of controversy to bitch about, we go to the Tony Macaroni arena for an away game and christen it the Spaghettihad, I love that the game is high paced with mistakes and goals and enjoyment, we have the chance to see talents emerge like John McGinn, Andy Robertson etc. but also have a top league where Colin Nish is one of the top ten all time goalscorers. I love the banter like "Booked for being ugly" and I love away games in the cup to Arbroath and Cowdenbeath and Brechin and the like. I love laughing at Hearts for, amongst another million things, forgetting to order seats for a new stand.

Amen! I watch the odd top end English game, and watched all villa’s end of season games for the obvious reason, but it’s horrendous in my eyes most weeks, boring. Scottish football wins for me every day.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bernz View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53298175

It's a bit of a strange one this. One the one hand, it's great that they are trying to encourage people to watch it. But on the other hand, the tone seems to be "it's a bit p*sh but what else is there to do".

What are your thoughts?
    Agreed, it’s pish but what else is there to do.

They can ram it.

Quote Originally Posted by hibby rae View Post
    Tom English must be gutted
    Interesting its a BBC Scotland article - but not penned by Ton Englisher. I wonder if they asked him although he hasn’t had a good word to say about our game since the season was called. Absolute clown and a disgrace to his role.

Don't know about that.

First time round I answered honestly with "dog" for the mascot and it suggested I should be a terrorist glorifying whinger with personal hygiene issues, missing teeth and a desperate desire to be a citizen of a country I've never visited.

Second time all my answers stayed the same except for pretending it would be a cat, and it realised I'm intelligent, articulate, witty, handsome and a connoisseur of good football in a vibrant capital city with no derby.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

And overall leads back to Hibs offering of PPV. How many thousands who have no real connection to Hibs may fancy a cheeky wee look to see the mighty Hibees?

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Yeah cause Brighton v Southampton is riveting

Their is plenty pish games in England as well

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    Don't know about that.

First time round I answered honestly with "dog" for the mascot and it suggested I should be a terrorist glorifying whinger with personal hygiene issues, missing teeth and a desperate desire to be a citizen of a country I've never visited.

Second time all my answers stayed the same except for pretending it would be a cat, and it realised I'm intelligent, articulate, witty, handsome and a connoisseur of good football in a vibrant capital city with no derby.
    😂😂😂😂😂😂

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post

Great post.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

I answered the questions and it said that I should follow Celtic!!!!

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SingaporeHibs View Post
    And overall leads back to Hibs offering of PPV. How many thousands who have no real connection to Hibs may fancy a cheeky wee look to see the mighty Hibees?
    It's plausible that English fans with little other football to watch might tune in to games on Sky if they already have a subscription.

It's not plausible that any significant number would decide they fancy watching Hibs and pay £15–20 for a single game.

Doing the wee fun quizzes and answering honestly I got manager Derek McInnes which could have been worse and much to my delight Hibernian as my team.

Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    I answered the questions and it said that I should follow Celtic!!!!
    See above
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by SingaporeHibs View Post
    How many non-Hibs and Kilmarnock fans do you think would go to the bother and expense of setting up and paying between £10-20 to watch Hibs v Kilmarnock on Hibs TV?

There wouldn't be that many people in Scotland who would do it, never mind in England.

I think PPV should have been available so non-season ticket holding Hibs fans and Kilmarnock fans could have watched the game but this isn't a reason.

Ach, its just a bit of fun and perhaps some English fans with SKY subscriptions will tune in from time to time, it's not unusual for fans to pick a team to follow from other leagues, even if that league isn't their idea of footballing nirvana ......... and if nothing else Hibs do have an outstanding strip in a colour that wont offend the sensibilities of English fans seeing as how only about three of their 92 clubs actually play in green.

I got Hibs in the quiz too .. and I even answered the questions honestly