hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Adverts again

Adverts again

Since the previous thread was kindly closed down by the moderators, I will try one last time.

The current ads at the bottom of the screen are really annoying. They sometimes put false signs up. You think that it will close the ad but no, it opens a full screen advert. Sometimes they are seemingly impossible to remove and occupy up to a third of the sceen on my iPhone.

If those paying for these ads to be screened knew how many viewers are completely put off their tawdry product by the crap ads they may think again. I never had a problem with the adverts used in the past but this is getting me near to the last straw.

I have been on Hibs net regularly with the Hearts relegation news.. I am off on holiday at the weekend and hope that things will have changed when I get back.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Slightly annoying when I go to click on a thread and an advert pops up last second, in doing so moves the whole screen and I end up clicking on one of the sticky threads instead 🤬🤬🤬

Quote Originally Posted by jgl07 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Since the previous thread was kindly closed down by the moderators, I will try one last time.

The current ads at the bottom of the screen are really annoying. They sometimes put false signs up. You think that it will close the ad but no, it opens a full screen advert. Sometimes they are seemingly impossible to remove and occupy up to a third of the sceen on my iPhone.

If those paying for these ads to be screened knew how many viewers are completely put off their tawdry product by the crap ads they may think again. I never had a problem with the adverts used in the past but this is getting me near to the last straw.

I have been on Hibs net regularly with the Hearts relegation news.. I am off on holiday at the weekend and hope that things will have changed when I get back.
    Times are hard just now but £10 a year for a private membership isnt too much to ask if you are so passionate about the issue

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    What adverts? 😉
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar

Pay your tenner and dinnae moan, best value for money known to humankind and you get to access the PM forum. 7000 plus posts, blah, blah, tightwad, blah, blah and so on.....

@hibs.net private member Victor's Avatar
    If you are on a tablet or mobile, use Tapatalk. No adverts, no hassle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar

Pay your £10 to become a PM

Best £10 you will ever spend

It's been £10 for as long as I can remember. Always surprised that it's never gone up.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Aye, monumental pain in the behind.

My PM subscription has run out. Any idea how I renew? Normally it is automatic.

Quote Originally Posted by SChibs View Post
    Times are hard just now but £10 a year for a private membership isnt too much to ask if you are so passionate about the issue
    You saying adverts were introduced because of covid and it’s financial impact with the times are hard comment?

Quote Originally Posted by SChibs View Post
    You just said it yourself, times are hard, people may not be able to afford the 10 pounds. Hibsnet may be a way for some to comnect that are maybe unable to, being blackmailed into paying 10 quid shouldnt be the way to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    You just said it yourself, times are hard, people may not be able to afford the 10 pounds. Hibsnet may be a way for some to comnect that are maybe unable to, being blackmailed into paying 10 quid shouldnt be the way to work.
    No one is blackmailing anyone. Free site with ads or 10 quid a year without. Seems fair and a choice for everyone.
    Cougars!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    It's been £10 for as long as I can remember. Always surprised that it's never gone up.
    The product hasn’t improved or been updated for 15 years or so either though, so wouldn’t justify a price increase.

Quote Originally Posted by HH81 View Post
    No one is blackmailing anyone. Free site with ads or 10 quid a year without. Seems fair and a choice for everyone.
    That’s it in a nutshell 👍

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Austinho View Post
    The product hasn’t improved or been updated for 15 years or so either though, so wouldn’t justify a price increase.
    Using that logic the price of many things would stay the same but they don’t. Chocolate bars have become smaller in size with less cocoa content but the price has increased 😉

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    I suppose if the private memberships and ad income is covering the running costs and allowing a wedge to be donated to the club then the price doesn’t need to go up. I’m not privy to the actual reasoning though.

First Team Breakthrough

really is annoying, I tend to not visit the site as much as I used to.

Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    You saying adverts were introduced because of covid and it’s financial impact with the times are hard comment?
    No I'm saying times are hard for a lot of people financially just now due to covid but £10 for a years subscription still isnt that much money

I'm sure there's a better option than suggesting people take out a private membership.

FWIW, I highly doubt the really annoying ads are the fault of whoever's currently maintaining the site.

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    Sites like this are not free to run. There are two ways to fund them...subscription payment by the readers/users or adverts. Everyone who uses the site gets to choose how they want to pay..via sending £10 a year (very cheap) or by putting up with the adverts. It’s simple, it’s fair and all excess funds go towards supporting the club we love. There is literally nothing to moan about.

Quote Originally Posted by skyhibs View Post
    really is annoying, I tend to not visit the site as much as I used to.
    The ads were annoying me so much I started using the site far less, then I found an android browser that allows you to block annoying adverts.

Quote Originally Posted by worcesterhibby View Post
    Sites like this are not free to run. There are two ways to fund them...subscription payment by the readers/users or adverts. Everyone who uses the site gets to choose how they want to pay..via sending £10 a year (very cheap) or by putting up with the adverts. It’s simple, it’s fair and all excess funds go towards supporting the club we love. There is literally nothing to moan about.
    I think everyone would accept that the site needed to add some adverts for income. It was the size and quantity of the adverts that were added that people had an issue with from what I seen. They became really intrusive and irritating.

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_Franck View Post
    I think everyone would accept that the site needed to add some adverts for income. It was the size and quantity of the adverts that were added that people had an issue with from what I seen. They became really intrusive and irritating.
    Thats fair and we are in discussion with the provider on this.

We welcome the feedback folks and we are certainly not trying to blackmail people into becoming PM's whatever you may think.

Hopefully we'll have a solution soon.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"