hibs.net Messageboard

Hybrid View

Strategic Partnerships

Now that the dust has finally settled and we all know where we stand, I for one would like Hibs to set up a strategic partnership with a lower league club.

If I were Leeann, I would be straight on the phone to Ann Budge of Hearts. We have a lot of decent youngsters who will probably not yet good enough to play week in week out in the big league but would thrive at a smaller club in one of the wee leagues. There would be less pressure on the player to perform in every game and they would definitely get the minutes on the park to give them the experience of playing senior football, albeit at a significantly lesser level. Someone like Sadiki would walk into their team ahead of Berra, Halkett and Souttar and would probably end up being touted for Scotland caps before long by the brainwashed, cult-like fan base, which would further increase his value.

LD has a great working relationship with Ann as we know and I am sure she would see the benefit for both clubs. Big teams and wee teams could really help each other with this sort of arrangement, so for me it's a 'no brainer.'

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Marvin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Now that the dust has finally settled and we all know where we stand, I for one would like Hibs to set up a strategic partnership with a lower league club.

If I were Leeann, I would be straight on the phone to Ann Budge of Hearts. We have a lot of decent youngsters who will probably not yet good enough to play week in week out in the big league but would thrive at a smaller club in one of the wee leagues. There would be less pressure on the player to perform in every game and they would definitely get the minutes on the park to give them the experience of playing senior football, albeit at a significantly lesser level. Someone like Sadiki would walk into their team ahead of Berra, Halkett and Souttar and would probably end up being touted for Scotland caps before long by the brainwashed, cult-like fan base, which would further increase his value.

LD has a great working relationship with Ann as we know and I am sure she would see the benefit for both clubs. Big teams and wee teams could really help each other with this sort of arrangement, so for me it's a 'no brainer.'
    We'd need to be confident though that the club we lend them to will be playing proper football to further their development and not reversing it by making them play hoof ball. That would benefit Hearts as well since Neilson will improve as a coach by trying something different.

However your suggestion is precisely the sort of selfless co-operation that Hearts have been demanding in place of the self interest that has been highlighted over recent months, so they will be delighted to accept. I'd readily let them have James for example, and in a spirit of goodwill wouldn't force them to take Kamberi.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.