hibs.net Messageboard

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Alf View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Further to this...

Everyone else ok = the content provider is fine

You ok 99.9% of the time = you almost certainly fine

Most probable issue is going to be somewhere in the network, this could be locally in UK (but see point 1 above), or at the recieving end, again see point 1 but to a lesser degree, or it could be on the interconnect to the local distro company, after that it gets more complicated if there's more than one supplier, in the UK for example some companies piggyback on another's supply 'pipe ' then split out again at either regional or even exchange level. Every point of that will be subjected to a bandwidth challenge dependent on the commercial agreements made.

None of that above, the info provider (Hibs TV in our case) has any control over or even the ability to diagnose any issues reported to them unfortunately the end user with the problem needs to contact their own network provider who can check their bit and in turn raise with their provider and so on.... for what it's worth, when I used to be involved in this stuff the most common issue was bandwidth at the local network hub, either a fault or the local provider hadn't bought enough.

Hope that all makes sense and sorry for being a bit long winded!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    I appreciate that it is likely no easy fix for Hibs but I just feel like if I contact Vodafone New Zealand and say Hibs TV isn’t working properly but everything else is, I’ll get absolutely nowhere!

You have reminded me that I think streams have traditionally been more reliable on my phone than computer. Annoyingly no Apple TV though so I can’t link to TV.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    Let me ask you what was the situation with season ticket holders in previous seasons when they went abroad on holiday in October? Were they given access to Hibs TV whilst they were abroad? If not why should they expect to get it this season?
    You tell me. As I’ve pointed out a few times it was your post that was saying all season ticket holders could watch from anywhere.

I’m the one pointing out that isn’t true.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    I imagine that the number of people who have gone abroad on holiday will be minute, and stupid.

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice
    There’s a very long list of exempted countries in there so not all travellers will be ‘stupid’.