hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Official Site: CLUB UPDATE | PAY PER VIEW

2. Log in to remove the advert

They are trolling now. Not even a mention of away games.

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I got my hopes up when I saw the headline.

I'm aware it's not down to Hibs though.

@hibs.net private member MartinfaePorty's Avatar
    As a season ticket holder, I'm not sure what I think of this. Is this to try and encourage waverers to buy a season ticket now or as some sort of 'reward' to those who bought seasons? It personally wouldn't have bothered me if they'd allowed people to pay as low as a tenner for it, but others may think differently.

Away games will be down to individual teams. Livi away second game will be available for £20. Here’s their statement which includes much more info than ours. https://bit.ly/LFCPPVA

Was always going to happen, and will be priced accordingly. Away clubs will follow ive no doubt. Was all part of the deal with Sky. Can’t show their games apart from to STH, but can show all other games.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinfaePorty View Post
    As a season ticket holder, I'm not sure what I think of this. Is this to try and encourage waverers to buy a season ticket now or as some sort of 'reward' to those who bought seasons? It personally wouldn't have bothered me if they'd allowed people to pay as low as a tenner for it, but others may think differently.
    Think whatever hibs and clubs do they will get stick

Some households will have bought note than 1 season ticket and I get the argument they didn't have to

A household could buy a PPV game for a tenner which could be great value for 3/4/5 or more to watch

I'm sure Hibs will do what they feel is right

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    I’m confident with 11/12 clubs signed up to the same streaming partner that Access passes for league matches (not shown on Sky) will be sold and can be bought for individual games at the host club site.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Livi charging £20 per game.

Quote Originally Posted by davhibby View Post
    Away games will be down to individual teams. Livi away second game will be available for £20. Here’s their statement which includes much more info than ours. https://bit.ly/LFCPPVA
    Thanks so reading the Livi statement does that mean that there will be no limit to how many away PPV tickets can be sold?

Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    Thanks so reading the Livi statement does that mean that there will be no limit to how many away PPV tickets can be sold?
    Doesn’t seem like there is

Quote Originally Posted by Power View Post
    I’m confident with 11/12 clubs signed up to the same streaming partner that Access passes for league matches (not shown on Sky) will be sold and can be bought for individual games at the host club site.
    Livi say that in their statement.

Left by mutual consent!
    Very good news for a lot of people. Well done Hibs.

@hibs.net private member Green Badger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MartinfaePorty View Post
    Non-season ticket holders paying £10 per game?

If so then no chance that should be the case. Whilst I've every sympathy for someone who genuinely can't afford a season ticket right now, what would be the incentive for people to buy a season ticket when they are paying anywhere up to over double that amount per game?

I'm glad there's going to be a PPV option for home games and hopefully there will be something sorted for away games too but the cost per game should mirror the price of a walk up ticket as if the game had been open to fans.

Livi statement seems to say that we should be able to get the Hibs TV audio with the streams for away games too which is good

@hibs.net private member
    I suspect that most clubs will offer viewing for “their own fans” to watch home games but they will not care too much about checking that the purchasers are actually fans of the club. In other words, I imagine we will have access to all Hibs games, it’s just that we will buy access from the home club fir our away matches. This could turn in to a very decent money spinner for all SPFL Premiership clubs.
    Championship clubs will obviously benefit from the “maroon pound” when they eventually get playing 😉

@hibs.net private member
    Look, if hibs can offer per view games to home fans, then what stops away fans signing up for HibsTV and lying to watch their team?

And that would in turn suggest the same process could be taken for we jobs fans to watch away ties.

Only 1 team in our division is not using Stream Digital so it seems that this could be the way forward for the foreseeable.

Quote Originally Posted by Shore Hibs View Post
    Make a guess that they haven’t sold many season tickets therefore aren’t as worried about pissing them off, than our club would be at 11k STH. Hibs will be £20 in line with Livingston’s.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Livi charging £20 per game.
    When you log in to Livi do you then have to wait in an enormous queue for 50 mins before you get in to make it just like the real thing.

@hibs.net private member
    St Mirren have all but confirmed that arrangements are being made for away games.

“ Will pay-per-view be available for away matches?

Pay-per-view will be available for some away matches as other clubs confirm their intention to offer this service. Some clubs have yet to make a decision as to whether they will offer pay-per-view”

Given the extra investment in presenters, build up coverage, etc it would have been good if there could have been a plain feed option with no thrills on PPV. Giving season ticket holders extra value but still allowing people to watch the game in some form.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Non-season ticket holders paying £10 per game?

If so then no chance that should be the case. Whilst I've every sympathy for someone who genuinely can't afford a season ticket right now, what would be the incentive for people to buy a season ticket when they are paying anywhere up to over double that amount per game?

I'm glad there's going to be a PPV option for home games and hopefully there will be something sorted for away games too but the cost per game should mirror the price of a walk up ticket as if the game had been open to fans.
    There is something in place for away games, you just won’t buy it via Hibs though.

First Team Breakthrough
    Might just be me but £20 ppv is just going to have people watching dodgy streams. More reasonable price and people will be more inclined to pay and avoid the hassle.

Quote Originally Posted by Ckinho View Post
    Might just be me but £20 ppv is just going to have people watching dodgy streams. More reasonable price and people will be more inclined to pay and avoid the hassle.
    Yup, but at a lower price and you seriously devalue a season ticket.

Club is damned if they do and damned if they don't.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Don't think it can be any cheaper. It will have to roughly reflect the cost per game that a season ticket does.

Otherwise season ticket holders would feel short changed.

Have said on previous threads, would be happy to pay full ticket price for a good stream.

I would pay £20 to watch a proper stream of the game. There will be at least three of us watching each game so splitting that three ways (less than £7 per game) isn't bad at all.

Not the fairest on killie fans that we’re not offering ppv on Saturday

@hibs.net private member
    It is unfortunate for Kilmarnock fans that they would not appear to have any options to see the game on Saturday...as Hibs have elected not to start this week.

Get the impression we'll be OK for legal options for all away matches then. Either through PPV through the home team or Sky where relevant.

For those who don't have Sky Sports, Now TV day pass at £9.99 is essentially your PPV for those games (Dundee Utd and St Johnstone for starters).