hibs.net Messageboard

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vault Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We played the other players against Aberdeen on Saturday so I think it makes sense that we split the squads, given the proximity of the games.
    Don’t know exactly what the team was on Saturday but I’m going to guess, whatever it was, won’t be far away from being the team against Kilmarnock.

Can’t see many of those playing today starting at all.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Thought Doig and Stirling put in decent shifts at wing back.

Interesting to see if the 3-5-2 is something Jack Ross uses on Saturday - Nisbet and Doidge together up front is a pairing we all want to see and only a few systems we can play which accommodates a front 2.

@hibs.net private member
    I find it interesting that Hanlon featured. I don't think anyone, perhaps with the exception of Doig, that started today will do on Saturday too.

Marciano

McGinn Porteous McGregor Stevenson/Doig

Allan Gogic Newell

Boyle Doidge Nisbet

I reckon that's how we will go. Wright bang in contention too.

Doig, Dabrowski and Stirling all done well from what I see which is a big positive.

Fraser Murray was Fraser Murray. Showed glimpses but largely on the edge of the action. I don't see anyway he gets in a team ahead of either Allan or Mallan.

Quote Originally Posted by yerauldda View Post
    I find it interesting that Hanlon featured. I don't think anyone, perhaps with the exception of Doig, that started today will do on Saturday too.

Marciano

McGinn Porteous McGregor Stevenson/Doig

Allan Gogic Newell

Boyle Doidge Nisbet

I reckon that's how we will go. Wright bang in contention too.
    I’ll go for

.....................Marciano............

........Porteous....McGregor.....Hanlon....

Boyle........Gogic......Newell..........Wright.... ....

........................Allan.........

................Nisbet.......Doidge.....

Think we will go a 352 to get all of our flair players in the starting 11.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Don’t know exactly what the team was on Saturday but I’m going to guess, whatever it was, won’t be far away from being the team against Kilmarnock.

Can’t see many of those playing today starting at all.
    I'd say you're probably right. As far as I can tell Marciano, McGinn, McGregor, Porteous, Stevenson, Wright, Allan, Gogic, Boyle, Horgan, Hallberg and Nisbet all played at some point against Aberdeen, presumably Newell too. Dunno who started/came off the bench though.

Doig has earned a chance I feel.

Anybody know if Doidge is injured, by the way? Hasn't been mentioned much in pre season and there was a picture of him running with Mackie.

Would love to see

Rocky

McGinn
    Porteous
    Hanlon

Boyle
    Mallan
    Gogic
    Newell
    Wright

Allan

Doidge
    Nisbet

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    I’ll go for

.....................Marciano............

........Porteous....McGregor.....Hanlon....

Boyle........Gogic......Newell..........Wright.... ....

........................Allan.........

................Nisbet.......Doidge.....

Think we will go a 352 to get all of our flair players in the starting 11.

Excatly the same as me apart from I put McGinn in.

Quote Originally Posted by Tambo View Post
    Would love to see

Rocky

McGinn
    Porteous
    Hanlon

Boyle
    Mallan
    Gogic
    Newell
    Wright

Allan

Doidge
    Nisbet
    So would I - 12 players is a definite advantage.

Would love to see

Rocky

McGinn
    Porteous
    Hanlon

Boyle
    Mallan
    Gogic
    Newell
    Wright

Allan

Doidge
    Nisbet
    We should win.... with 12 players on the pitch 😉😂

@hibs.net private member mayo hibee's Avatar

Luka O’Connell for Celtic looked really good when he came on imo.
    Connell's the kind of player I'd like to see us bring in on loan to strengthen the midfield, he won't get much of a look in at Celtic this season.

Him and Allan doing the creative stuff with Gogic doing the dirty work behind them would be interesting to see.

I think Fraser Murray needs a loan out for the sake of his career, needs a run of first team football and I can't see him getting it at Easter Road.

Dabrowski looked decent from what I seen

Is this available anywhere now?

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzling Doidge View Post
    Must have missed them

Either way I stand by what I said. Been saying it since last season.
    i know.

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Good run out. Plenty to work on. Would expect only 3/4 from that starting 11 to start v Killie.
    I think you will be lucky if 1 of them plays. I would like to see Dabrowski and Doig coming in. Ideal time.

Quote Originally Posted by sauzee=legend View Post
    We should win.... with 12 players on the pitch 😉😂

Oh dear, my hibs.net moment, have been up since 4am and had a long shift.

Take out mallan and that would be my team, the same formation when we had docherty and omeonga but would be Gogic staying back and Newell getting forward.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by mayo hibee View Post
    Connell's the kind of player I'd like to see us bring in on loan to strengthen the midfield, he won't get much of a look in at Celtic this season.

Him and Allan doing the creative stuff with Gogic doing the dirty work behind them would be interesting to see.

I think Fraser Murray needs a loan out for the sake of his career, needs a run of first team football and I can't see him getting it at Easter Road.
    I wouldn’t be worrying about a loan for Murray. He’s not going to be a Hibs player so he should be allowed to leave and find a level he can play at.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    So is Paul Hanlon no longer first choice given he’s played 90 minutes today? Be interesting to see what happens on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmas View Post
    Like the look of Luca Connell for them is that the guy they got from Bolton?

Spraying the passes about well

he's a good loan player on Football Manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    So is Paul Hanlon no longer first choice given he’s played 90 minutes today? Be interesting to see what happens on Saturday.
    Definitely an interesting one. From the photos I saw from the Aberdeen game you could tell Porteous was playing left centre half (obviously no idea if that was as part of a 2 or 3).

I think Porteous is nailed on to play but you’d have thought you’d give your preferred pair (or three a run out together).

Even still that is only 1 centre forward, I thought we looked good when we went 3-4-1-2 last season and we all seen what happened when Doidge finally got a partner up top with him. Not having a go at your post i just feel a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-3-3 dont work for us, both hecky and jack ross has tried this and it never worked.
    I totally agree with what you're saying, none of our 3 forwards really suit being lone strikers. Just didn't feel like todays game was as black and white as 1 up top. Think we'll find a way of accomodating 2 of Gullan, Nisbet and Doidge in a system that supports having 2 guys leading the line.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Indicates nothing really. The game is 5 days away.

Definitely an interesting one. From the photos I saw from the Aberdeen game you could tell Porteous was playing left centre half (obviously no idea if that was as part of a 2 or 3).

I think Porteous is nailed on to play but you’d have thought you’d give your preferred pair (or three a run out together).
    I think it will be Porto, Jackson, Hanlon. My main concern is that none of them are fast, and we saw today how we struggle with a smart striker playing off the shoulder.

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazzling Doidge View Post
    Defending has been woeful. Hanlon bullied all game by Klimara. If we don't strengthen the defence were going to regret it. Doig the only one of them getting passmarks here.
    Have to agree here. Defence is our weakest area, people think that gogic is going to stop us conceding so many but the reality is quite different. We need a better CH than Hanlon and I think a better RB than what we have

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Trager View Post
    Have to agree here. Defence is our weakest area, people think that gogic is going to stop us conceding so many but the reality is quite different. We need a better CH than Hanlon and I think a better RB than what we have
    It won’t solve all our problems, but if you don’t think that signing a solid defensive midfielder, which we didn’t have before, will prevent us conceding some goals, then I’m afraid your wrong. We severely missed a player like that last year. We also need full backs who stop crosses, our centre halves dealt with hundreds of balls into our box, but simple rules say that if you allow far too many balls to come in, your going to make one mistake and lose a goal. Everyone then forgets the great work you done with the rest.

You can see the difference Gogic will make even in today’s game.

The amount of long balls Celtic would win and it would fall to one of their players who are in between our midfield and defence was very worrying. That gap is where Gogic will be and he will apply pressure to the opposition - another thing I really think we miss and need in midfield, we seem to allow players to turn and make a pass.

What I will say about Gogic is he will probably do things that don’t get too much recognition with fans, for example it’s not a case if he goes about making big crunching tackles. He’s more about position, cutting it passing lanes and intercepting those passes, winning loose balls in midfield and a lot of headers we would normally lose or not be in a position to win.

I also think we need to work on playing out from the back and getting it into midfield a lot quicker, our midfield tends to push on high and leaves the defenders with the ball. I’d prefer to see my defenders make a simple 5 yard pass to the midfielder (Newell this season) who then pulls the strings. This way they’re all in position should it break down.

Gray although playing RCB today, could see he was rusty/poor on the ball and had one free kick where he just played it out for a throw, it was really quite bizarre to see. I’m not sure we will see much of him at all this season even if he is fit.

Although Boyle and Wright weren’t playing today and it will be their role, I would like to see us bring in another direct, pacey player that can take on the opposition and make things happen

Wouldnt be upset to see the following leaving .

Fraser Murray
    Inness Murray
    Tom James
    Flo Kamberi
    Shanley - Loan

I actually thought we did well for fair chunks of the game. Scored a good goal, Horgan should have scored and we had a number of other decent efforts.

Hardly any of them will play on Saturday. The goalie and Doig gave account of themselves but, other than that, I don’t think we saw anything you wouldn’t expect to see from the rest of them. Disappointed with Hallberg, thought he looked well off it.

You can see the difference Gogic will make even in today’s game.

The amount of long balls Celtic would win and it would fall to one of their players who are in between our midfield and defence was very worrying. That gap is where Gogic will be and he will apply pressure to the opposition - another thing I really think we miss and need in midfield, we seem to allow players to turn and make a pass.

What I will say about Gogic is he will probably do things that don’t get too much recognition with fans, for example it’s not a case if he goes about making big crunching tackles. He’s more about position, cutting it passing lanes and intercepting those passes, winning loose balls in midfield and a lot of headers we would normally lose or not be in a position to win.

I also think we need to work on playing out from the back and getting it into midfield a lot quicker, our midfield tends to push on high and leaves the defenders with the ball. I’d prefer to see my defenders make a simple 5 yard pass to the midfielder (Newell this season) who then pulls the strings. This way they’re all in position should it break down.

Gray although playing RCB today, could see he was rusty/poor on the ball and had one free kick where he just played it out for a throw, it was really quite bizarre to see. I’m not sure we will see much of him at all this season even if he is fit.

Although Boyle and Wright weren’t playing today and it will be their role, I would like to see us bring in another direct, pacey player that can take on the opposition and make things happen

Wouldnt be upset to see the following leaving .

Fraser Murray
    Inness Murray
    Tom James
    Flo Kamberi
    Shanley - Loan
    Good post, agree with it all.

And it may go unnoticed by some, but if Gogic comes in and does all of that in our midfield I'll be buzzing.

I do agree with the general consensus on needing an improved backline, particularly RB and LCB, that being said we have a lot of defenders on the books which limits our ability to change things up, particularly this year.

I actually thought we did well for fair chunks of the game. Scored a good goal, Horgan should have scored and we had a number of other decent efforts.

Hardly any of them will play on Saturday. The goalie and Doig gave account of themselves but, other than that, I don’t think we saw anything you wouldn’t expect to see from the rest of them. Disappointed with Hallberg, thought he looked well off it.

Wonder if they're regretting giving him a 3 yr deal now, he should be well bedded into the team by now and strolling games like today.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Wonder if they're regretting giving him a 3 yr deal now, he should be well bedded into the team by now and strolling games like today.
    Still, could be worse. They gave James a 3 year deal.

For what it's worth I think Hallberg has more to show, although the longer it takes the more of a "Slivka type" he will become.