hibs.net Messageboard

Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sorry I heard any emails to ilovestevieg@gmail.com are automatically blocked by Hibs' email servers. 😂
    But does it count as having been sent, or can Hibs send him a different email second time around??

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    Although I tend to agree, the email didn't make it obvious that you couldn't visit the website before the test. I don't think it actually explained what the test is testing either. Clearer language in the email and a simple holding page explaining the situation would have helped.

I think they should have done that as well. They could have added the date and time of the log-in test.

I realise people will say ''should have read the instructions', but anybody that develops Websites or Desktop Apps knows that just doesn't happen, so uses the 'Belt and Braces' approach.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Changed it when he moved to Rangers to: SlippyGcanwalkalone@btinternet.com
    That should have worked then.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    I think they should have done that as well. They could have added the date and time of the log-in test.

I realise people will say ''should have read the instructions', but anybody that develops Websites or Desktop Apps knows that just doesn't happen, so uses the 'Belt and Braces' approach.
    Well my email certainly included date ,time and
    reason?

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Well my email certainly included date ,time and
    reason?
    He's saying Hibs should have put up a holding page including that information, for those who didn't read it in the email but just clicked the link.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Changed it when he moved to Rangers to: SlippyGcanwalkalone@btinternet.com
    I'm not sure if you have already managed to get this from elsewhere but this is a full copy of the email I received yesterday;

Here is all you need to know about how to login for The Match on Saturday.
    URL: www.hibspass.com
    Reference Number:*xxxxx

www.hibspass.com will be your exclusive platform for live matchday coverage, so it’s worth bookmarking the page.

The log-in username will be first name-surname-season ticket reference number – for example, pat-stanton-12345 (all lower case).

The password will be the reference number – for example, 12345.

HIBS TV UPDATE | FAQS

On Saturday we play host to Kilmarnock in the opening game of the 2020-21 season.
    We know thousands of you will be looking forward to tuning in to cheer on Jack Ross and the squad via our revamped Hibs TV packages.*
    It’ll be a new experience for many of you, so we want to try and make it as simple as possible for all concerned.*

SEASON TICKET HOLDERS

Season ticket holders will receive a log-in for ‘Hibs Pass’ – giving you access to live coverage of all our Scottish Premiership games at Easter Road, including those being screened on Sky Sports.
    You will receive a second, different log-in for Hibs TV, so you can enjoy your exclusive behind-the-scenes content and archive footage and we will be in touch with that in the near future.
    There’s still time to sign up for your season ticket and you can find out more about our range of packages, including the finance option, here.

HIBS TV DOMESTIC SUBSCRIBERS

Domestic Hibs TV subscribers will be able to enjoy live audio coverage from our commentary team of Cliff Pike and Tam McManus.
    You’ll be able to watch the full match replay back at a time that suits and enjoy the rest of our Hibs TV content.

HIBS TV INTERNATIONAL SUBSCRIBERS

International Hibs TV subscribers will now have access to every game in the Scottish Premiership thanks to our new partnership with QTV – in addition to the normal Hibs TV offerings.

SEASON TICKET HOLDERS FAQ

“How will I log in to watch games?”

Season ticket holders should head to www.hibspass.com – which will be your exclusive platform for live matchday coverage, so it’s worth bookmarking the page.
    The log-in username will be first name-surname-season ticket reference number – for example, pat-stanton-12345 (all lower case).
    The password will be the reference number – for example, 12345.

“Can I test this out in advance?”

We’ll be running sign-in testing sessions from 5pm to 8pm on Wednesday and Thursday so, if you can, it’s important that you give it a go so that we can identify and tackle any issues.

“Will my log-in details stay the same for every match?”

Yes, your details will remain the same throughout the season and cannot be changed, so make sure you keep them safe and private.*

“Can I share my log-in details?”

No, please do not share your log-in details. Like a normal season ticket, it’s non-transferable. Passing it on to other could impact on your own ability to see the games.

“We have more than one season ticket holder under the one roof. Will we all get individual log-ins?”

Yes, individual log-ins will be issued to each season ticket holder, with your own individual reference.

“Can I access the live broadcast on more than one device at the same time?”

No, you can’t watch on more than one device at a time. If you sign into an additional device while logged in on another, you will automatically be logged out of the first device. Likewise, if you share your details and someone tries to login at the same time as you, it will end your live broadcast.

“What devices will this work on?”

Desktop computers and laptops with an up to date browser and JavaScript enabled. Safari, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge and Firefox are recommended although other browsers may work but are unsupported. For Apple iPads and iPhones, you must have iOS 11.3 or higher installed and you must use Safari to watch the game on Apple devices. The coverage will also work on most modern and up to date Android devices, including tablets, smartphones and most Smart TVs.

“Can I watch it as a TV channel?”

No, our coverage is not available through Freeview, cable or satellite TV channel in the UK or any other country.

“Can I screenshare the game to my Smart TV?”

Yes, you should be able to screenshare to compatible Smart TVs using an app such as Chromecast or Apple Airplay.

“I cannot see anything on my Smart TV?”

Most TV manufacturers develop their own browsers and a number may not compatible with mpeg dash, which is used for live streaming. It may be that your TV is not compatible. If you have a laptop, you could connect this to your TV via an HDMI cable.

“I can’t get the contact box or log-in box off the screen on my Smart TV?”

Please make the screen full size and the pop up will disappear. If this does not work, please log-in at half screen and then click on full screen.

“What devices are not supported?”

We do not support gaming consoles, including X-Boxes and Playstations.

“Does the strength of my internet connection make a difference?”

The quality of the live broadcast stream will be dependent on the bandwidth and speed of your internet connection. For the best possible experience we recommend using an internet speed of at least 5Mbps (please check with your internet provider). It can help to close other tabs, browsers, and programs while streaming your content. It may also help to hardwire your internet connection, instead of using a wireless network connection.

“How can I make sure I’m set up for streaming?”

Some corporate networks, firewalls and ad-blocking software may prevent the live broadcast from displaying. Please check with your network administrator. Disable any ad-blocking software and you may need to configure your anti-virus software. You must be using a browser that has JavaScript enabled (most have this as a default).

“I cannot get my casting to work?”

Are you casting via the same network or are you using 4G on one device and WIFI on the other? If so, you need to be on the same network. Please also check that you have the casting sign on your device. If you do not have this then you will not be able to cast to the other device.

“I’m getting ‘Invalid Credentials’ when I log-in. Why?”

Please enter the details manually as a copy and paste may add a space which will give Invalid Credentials.

“I’m getting an error code. What do I do next?”

Please clear your cache and cookies and log-in again. The video player may not have loaded correctly. If this does not resolve the issue, you may need to change to another browser.

“Can I use a VPN to stream the broadcast?”

No. Please ensure that you are not using a Virtual Private Network or proxies as this can cause the Live Broadcast stream to not function. Due to restrictions placed on the club by the relevant rights holders, your access is geo-blocked and only accessible work within the UK and Ireland. If you live outside of the UK & Ireland the best way to watch the games is to subscribe to the Hibs TV international package.

“When does your pre-match programme start?”
    Our new pre-match show, hosted by experienced broadcaster David Tanner, starts half an hour before kick-off and we’d ask you to log in as early as you can to reduce the risk of overwhelming the server.*

ANYTHING ELSE?

“I have a Hibs TV-related question. Where should I go for an answer?”

The best and quickest way to have any question answered is to email support@hibernianfc.co.uk, which takes you straight to the support team at our Hibs TV technical partner, Stream Digital. Any questions asked via our social media channels will be directed there so, to save time, it’s best to go to the address above.

“I haven’t been receiving emails from Hibernian.”

It’s important for us to be able to get in touch with you, so it’s worth taking the time to make sure the information we have for you is up to date and that you’ve allowed yourself to receive emails from the club. You can do that by following the instructions in this step-by-step guide. If you have no luck with that, please contact the Ticket Office team via tickets@hibernianfc.co.uk and they’ll do their best to get you up and running.

why don't they just launch an app on Google Play for example. use the login details and boom your on.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco Bryce View Post
    They will have IPTV streams like they've always used.
    Yeah but the person I quoted used the example of a pub having a season ticket in order to show it and referenced them getting kicked out as soon as they tried to sign-in on multiple devices/TVs. They aren't supposed to be using the season ticket holder access to show the games in the pub

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar

Killie have told their fans today that their equivalent has a test day on 4th August when they can access the site and test their logins (same format as ours).

Perhaps the stream digital website for each club is only up at game times hence why Hibs and Kille are offering ST holders test access to it at specific times?

Quote Originally Posted by happiehibbie View Post
    why don't they just launch an app on Google Play for example. use the login details and boom your on.

Probably because it would be more complicated and restrict the number of people that could use it.

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Killie have told their fans today that their equivalent has a test day on 4th August when they can access the site and test their logins (same format as ours).

Perhaps the stream digital website for each club is only up at game times hence why Hibs and Kille are offering ST holders test access to it at specific times?

Each club has a different URL, with the club's name in it. It wouldn't be too complicated to redirect to a static page based on which URL someone tried to access on non game days.

Obviously, this isn't essential to the service working, and it's way down the priority list, but it might have been a good idea for at least the first week.

It’s just more expense, time, testing and they’d need any app to work on at least two OS. Then they need to support them, deal with bugs, have to submit to Apple / Google for review and lots of other ballaches that developing apps would bring.

Folk are being asked to use the login details on a website. I don’t see how an app is any easier to use tbh.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Each club has a different URL, with the club's name in it. It wouldn't be too complicated to redirect to a static page based on which URL someone tried to access on non game days.

Obviously, this isn't essential to the service working, and it's way down the priority list, but it might have been a good idea for at least the first week.
    I understand all of that, but the point seems to be that both clubs are only opening up the test site on a specific day - my take is that this is to force user test of the login and avoid some people logging on immediately before the match and clogging up the help desk with the kind of stupid (and already answered) questions we have already seen on here X 100.

Personally I would have added a line saying the site wont be live til test time, but apart from that none of this is particularly difficult to grasp.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Because Google would stock all our tactics to sell on to someone else at a later date.

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    I understand all of that, but the point seems to be that both clubs are only opening up the test site on a specific day - my take is that this is to force user test of the login and avoid some people logging on immediately before the match and clogging up the help desk with the kind of stupid (and already answered) questions we have already seen on here X 100.

Personally I would have added a line saying the site wont be live til test time, but apart from that none of this is particularly difficult to grasp.

I agree with absolutely everything you posted but my final comment on the matter is my motto as a Software Developer...

Never Underestimate The Ingenuity Of An Idiot

;-)

@hibs.net private member
    I agree with absolutely everything you posted but my final comment on the matter is my motto as a Software Developer...

Never Underestimate The Ingenuity Of An Idiot

;-)
    It’s all very well criticising others for being “idiots” - in fact it’s a favourite pass time of mine but based on the number of folk asking “silly” questions it would seem the comms didn’t quite hit the mark.

Maybe a simple - “what do you need to do, “how do you do it” and “when do you do it” would’ve been more straightforward? A wordy communication isn’t always ideal.

@hibs.net private member JohnMcM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Because Google would stock all our tactics to sell on to someone else at a later date.
    I wonder how many clubs will buy other clubs' season tickets so they can watch their opponents tactics on a weekly basis.

Jeezo, if most people spent the same amount of time actually reading the email as they have coming on here and moaning about it then they wouldn't have anything to moan about!!

Testimonial Due Edinburgh Green's Avatar
    Has anyone had a reply from the ticket office about them not receiving the log in email?

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Not received an email and the hibspass website cannot be found.

I’ve read the full FAQ on the website but still can’t figure it out!

Just realised the hibspass website doesn’t go live until 5pm today.
    Last edited by WhileTheChief..; 29-07-2020 at 12:13 PM.

@hibs.net private member JohnMcM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Edinburgh Green View Post
    Has anyone had a reply from the ticket office about them not receiving the log in email?
    Yes. I emailed both the ticket and support addresses this morning. Answer was back within the hour with all the info needed.

I found it all clear and easy to understand.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by big-mo View Post
    Is anyone else getting an 'We can’t connect to the server at www.hibspass.com.' when trying to connect to the HIBSPASS.com website, or is just me?
    I clicked on that link and was redirected to an Aberdeen page !

Quote Originally Posted by HibbyAndy View Post
    I clicked on that link and was redirected to an Aberdeen page !
    Yeah. I am. I'm waiting for the testing slot at 5pm this evening before I get worried. I'm assuming that it's just a glitch.

@hibs.net private member bringbackbenny's Avatar
    jumped the gun, test worked great for me. 4 links all good, varying resolutions and frame rates.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Yep mines also working. Just tried on my phone. Resolution not great but I assumed that was the video as oppose to my phones fault. Could be wrong.

@hibs.net private member
    yup can't access the site....

@hibs.net private member Callum7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSheep View Post
    Neither...

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Anyone else getting a message saying page cannot be found?

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSheep View Post
    me neither - just tried - can't find the server. Anyone got any suggestions???

Can't access on Virgin Media - hope I'm not missing an early Boyle goal.