hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds

Hibs TV International

As the new season is now fast approaching I was thinking I better make sure I have this hopefully right. So all Hibs home games will now be available to those who have purchased Season Tickets. However, the games will also still be available for those of us international subscribers, right?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by California-Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As the new season is now fast approaching I was thinking I better make sure I have this hopefully right. So all Hibs home games will now be available to those who have purchased Season Tickets. However, the games will also still be available for those of us international subscribers, right?
    Still wondering myself, but annual pass auto-renewed today and I am hopeful.

Coaching Staff
    Hibs put out something a few weeks ago that it would be business as usual for us overseas subscribers

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post
    Hibs put out something a few weeks ago that it would be business as usual for us overseas subscribers

Testimonial Due
    And it’s in the back of the net.

Gamer IDs

Perfect!

@hibs.net private member Auckland Hibs's Avatar
    Any credit for the subscription from last season ?

It has been indicated some sort of announcement on TV arrangements to be made this midweek/ today...

@hibs.net private member
    Wow, so international subscribers get EVERY game!!

@hibs.net private member
    While I'm delighted that Hibs have clearly put a lot of effort in to revamping the TV service, I'm a bit peeved that there's no option to watch games live for domestic fans who, like myself, don't have season tickets due to location etc. I'm assuming there's legal reasons for this but still a shame nonetheless.

Unfortunate for domestic PATG fans myself included who would have preferred to give money to Hibs. With 4 games on the bounce on sky makes sense to ride out missing the first two games and get a months pass elsewhere to see all these games.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSheep View Post
    "International subscribers will also – for the first time – have access to every top-flight stadium, with every league game now available to view, complete with our own green-tinted commentary from Cliff and Tam."

Excellent, though at £17.99/month or £179.99/year it looks like the price has gone up a bit.

Still well worth it though (providing the streams still work!).

Yep, pretty good eh!

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Which away games did international subscribers normally not get? Sevco? Were there many others?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by nonshinyfinish View Post
    Which away games did international subscribers normally not get? Sevco? Were there many others?
    I am aware of this, but its interesting that you can pay £180 form abroad and watch EVERY match yet a ST costs over double that and you get only home games.

I am aware that this has been the practice for ages, but in current times surely ST holders should get Away access too or at aleast his should offer the option to pay for away games until we are allowed back into stadia?

Heres hoping.

Coaching Staff
    I am aware of this, but its interesting that you can pay £180 form abroad and watch EVERY match yet a ST costs over double that and you get only home games.

I am aware that this has been the practice for ages, but in current times surely ST holders should get Away access too or at aleast his should offer the option to pay for away games until we are allowed back into stadia?

Heres hoping.
    It is not exactly normal times and season tickets were really sold to get a seat for home games at the stadium. That has got more unlikely as the summer has gone on but at least they have come to a deal with Sky to allow us access to home games online.

The international TV product has been around a long time and will be in place when we are back in stadiums. It isn’t really fair to compare them in current circumstances.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Wait, so the International HibsTV subscription gets access to away games too? Did not know that. Great deal if so!

Is this access live steams of the away games?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    Wait, so the International HibsTV subscription gets access to away games too? Did not know that. Great deal if so!

Is this access live steams of the away games?
    It started off as access (live streams) to any away games that were being shown lmive by Sky or whoever.

Then a couple of season ago a reciprocal deal seems to have been put in place with other clubs who had their own TV set-up, so we also got some additional away games.

Now it seems that we're guaranteed all away games, although the price has gone up slightly too (although still very reasonable).

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    It started off as access (live streams) to any away games that were being shown lmive by Sky or whoever.

Then a couple of season ago a reciprocal deal seems to have been put in place with other clubs who had their own TV set-up, so we also got some additional away games.

Now it seems that we're guaranteed all away games, although the price has gone up slightly too (although still very reasonable).
    It really is very reasonable! £18 a month and you're getting mimimum of four (usually, if no cups or internationals) live Hibs games a month.

"International subscribers will also – for the first time – have access to every top-flight stadium, with every league game now available to view, complete with our own green-tinted commentary from Cliff and Tam."

Excellent, though at £17.99/month or £179.99/year it looks like the price has gone up a bit.

Still well worth it though (providing the streams still work!).
    Pretty sure that not so long ago the service was £7.99, rather a large increase.

IF, and it’s a big if, the streaming is reliable, and all games home and away are on there, and also added in such a way there are no spoilers (for those of us in Oz / NZ who don’t want to watch live at 4am), then it’s probably not too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post
    Pretty sure that not so long ago the service was £7.99, rather a large increase.

IF, and it’s a big if, the streaming is reliable, and all games home and away are on there, and also added in such a way there are no spoilers (for those of us in Oz / NZ who don’t want to watch live at 4am), then it’s probably not too bad.
    4/5 games for £18 is ‘probably not too bad’? That’s an incredibly good deal if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post

I think it was £7.99 up until last summer, but it was at that price for years even as the quality improved and the number of live matches increased

It's currently £12.99/month or £120/year.

You could say that an extra £5 a month (or £10 compared to a couple of season ago) is a hefty increase, but to be guaranteed all league matches & have people like David Tanner coming on board - I'm certainly not complaining, especially given the "sacrifice" made by those who have bought STs at full price.

I think it was £7.99 up until last summer, but it was at that price for years even as the quality improved and the number of live matches increased

It's currently £12.99/month or £120/year.

You could say that an extra £5 a month (or £10 compared to a couple of season ago) is a hefty increase, but to be guaranteed all league matches & have people like David Tanner coming on board - I'm certainly not complaining, especially given the "sacrifice" made by those who have bought STs at full price.

Ditto !

Gamer IDs

So, question, is my current International Sub good to go for this or do we need to resign up as its now an increased price?..

@hibs.net private member
    So, question, is my current International Sub good to go for this or do we need to resign up as its now an increased price?..
    My annual subscription fell due yesterday, and was auto-paid as I took that option.

Maybe I am being a bit naive, but why would there be any change to International Subscribers costs. What are we getting for this season that is any different for any other, am I missing something here?

Maybe grounds that were previously not showing the game live due to lack of facilities will now be live, but Hibs TV were usually still there, we just got to watch it a few hours later.

FYI, I have no issue with any cost increase in these difficult times for our club. Like you, I am would like to know where we are re this.

I also have not read through the whole thread, but I assume all the extra ST subscribers is not going to cause an issue with access. I also keep checking for upcoming live fixtures as I am sure i read they were going to be carrying out test with some bounce games.

If lazy me read through everything these questions have probably already been asked and answered.

@hibs.net private member Auckland Hibs's Avatar
    I'd like to know the answer to this also.

I bought the season subscription last year and appreciate under the circumstances of COVID everyone has taken a hit financially, but they should be offering some kind of saving for the upcoming season especially as the price has increased significantly.

The increased cost is mentioned in the statement on the official site, but the prices haven't been changed yet on the Hibs TV subscription bit.

We're being guaranteed all league games, home and away, live as well as improved content with Tanner & Tam. The increase is probably merited and I'd imagine existing subscribers will be getting an email in the next couple of days to explain things.

@hibs.net private member
    The increased cost is mentioned in the statement on the official site, but the prices haven't been changed yet on the Hibs TV subscription bit.

We're being guaranteed all league games, home and away, live as well as improved content with Tanner & Tam. The increase is probably merited and I'd imagine existing subscribers will be getting an email in the next couple of days to explain things.
    Someone on another thread mentioned having an FAQ page / thread.
    Sounds like a very good idea to me as we are all looking for the same answers, and umpteen of us posting the same question,in a slightly different format.
    I have no idea if this something that can be easily set up as this is certainly not my forte.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by ddoc View Post
    Someone on another thread mentioned having an FAQ page / thread.
    Sounds like a very good idea to me as we are all looking for the same answers, and umpteen of us posting the same question,in a slightly different format.
    I have no idea if this something that can be easily set up as this is certainly not my forte.
    Wasn’t this brought up in a different thread? 🤔