hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    I was expecting something really embarrassing after reading this thread.

It was nothing of the sort. Just a cheesy wee promo vid, don’t see the harm at all.

2. Log in to remove the advert

It's a bit of slapstick comedy ffs. Not everyone's cup of tea but who cares? It's different and it's got people talking.

People seem to be missing the bigger issue IMO that there doesn't actually seem to be any real benefits that were being announced?? A lot of effort, planning and I'd imagine money spent for a promo video that effectively announces nothing??

@hibs.net private member
    Hibs have released a promo video to encourage Hibs fans to buy season tickets. The video itself might not be for everyone’s taste but it’s already generated 3 pages on here and got people talking on social media. The fact Hearts fans or fans of any other club are slagging it is irrelevant. They weren’t going to buy a ST, it’s a bit of lighthearted fun aimed at Hibs fans. The marketing team at Hibs are doing well with the NHS logo now a video. Marketing is about getting people talking about your product which leads to sales. Worst case, no Hibs fan buys a ST, is this video really going to make that happen?

Come on guys lighten up

Quote Originally Posted by mcohibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's a bit of slapstick comedy ffs. Not everyone's cup of tea but who cares? It's different and it's got people talking.

People seem to be missing the bigger issue IMO that there doesn't actually seem to be any real benefits that were being announced?? A lot of effort, planning and I'd imagine money spent for a promo video that effectively announces nothing??
    Access to the game before anyone who doesn’t have a ticket. You’ll see the rage soon enough when non ST holders can’t get to watch them. Or when we are limited to 12000 in the stadium.

@hibs.net private member
    It wasn’t the best thing I’ve ever seen but it worked, it’s everywhere some people enjoyed it it’s not offensive to anyone, only thing I’d criticise it for his the lack of info on these extra benefits, everyone knows about the HibsTv aspect by now so all that told us was the opportunity for online meet and greets, whats the others? 20% of at Vittoria would have been worth a mention

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    A lot of the BBC Short Stuff comedy is very hit and miss. Wasn't my cup of tea but it's not anything to get worked up about of embarrassed of.

@hibs.net private member
    I see we've got people criticising folk on social media for daring to have an opinion. If they think it's crap, so what? They not allowed an opinion?

Personally, I won't be losing any sleep over it but it was pretty cringeworthy.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    I am going to drive past ER later today and blow a raspberry out the window and cut up my ST such is my utter humiliation from "friends on social media" about a 2 minute promo video.......................................

Or - back in the real world - maybe I will just carry on with my day?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    I see we've got people criticising folk on social media for daring to have an opinion. If they think it's crap, so what? They not allowed an opinion?

I'd say there are a fair few who criticise Hibs for everything they do on Social Media. Thats pretty cringeworthy.

Its honking.

I dont know why so many people are getting offended by people pointing that out.

@hibs.net private member bawheid's Avatar
    Don’t see the problem with it at all to be honest. Certainly better than Terry Butcher larking around in some army gear.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    I'd say there are a fair few who criticise Hibs for everything they do on Social Media. Thats pretty cringeworthy.
    Correct

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    Its honking.

I dont know why so many people are getting offended by people pointing that out.
    See above

@hibs.net private member whiskyhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    Hibs have released a promo video to encourage Hibs fans to buy season tickets. The video itself might not be for everyone’s taste but it’s already generated 3 pages on here and got people talking on social media. The fact Hearts fans or fans of any other club are slagging it is irrelevant. They weren’t going to buy a ST, it’s a bit of lighthearted fun aimed at Hibs fans. The marketing team at Hibs are doing well with the NHS logo now a video. Marketing is about getting people talking about your product which leads to sales. Worst case, no Hibs fan buys a ST, is this video really going to make that happen?

Come on guys lighten up

Completely agree, i quite liked it and if it gets people talking then its done its job

I thought it was good. I think it reflects the humility and warmth of the club as opposed to the arrogant and insipid nature of those in Gorgie. They will probably have Tommy Robinson and Greg Wallace, draped in Union Jacks, stuffing their faces with jam tarts whilst earnestly saluting the monument for MacCrae’s Battalion.

What do people want from a Hibs celebrity promotional video - Kirsty Gallagher in an emerald green evening gown promising every season ticket holder a bedtime story. Oh wait a minute...maybe there were better options 😁

@hibs.net private member malcolm's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    All the the umbrage is pretty funny, the video not so much.

However, the important bit is the message not the vehicle that delivered it. The vehicle seems to have been a phenomenal success based on the views and attention it is getting. Even discounting within that those for whom the message is not intended, the ‘buy a season ticket see games’ point will have been brought to the attention of more who may act on it than otherwise. It also showcased just how good the new home top is.

Focusing on the vehicle rather than what it is delivering is like ignoring a beer delivery because the drayman tells bad jokes and his lorry needs a wash.

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    Its honking.

Who is getting offended? Genuine question. I’ve just seen people have contrary opinions. Or do you often point out that people get offended a lot these days?

First Team Regular OstKurve Hibs's Avatar
    That video would probably put folk of buying a season ticket lol

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post

Come on guys lighten up
    Totally agree, a bit of light hearted fun and don’t we just need that at the moment. Anyway, it wouldn’t matter if it was the best advert in the world, nobody but us are going to say it’s good.

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    It’s terrible. However I think that’s the point. I’ve seen Hearts supporting plums sharing it on twitter so I think it’s doing its job.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    They shouldn't have said at the start that they're called the Malaprop sisters. Anyone who clocks the reference is waiting for the malapropisms to arrive and, for the most part, they're not that funny.

IMO the humour would have worked better had we not been told what to expect.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    **** me that was hard to watch 😂

Quote Originally Posted by mcohibs View Post

I agree it is absolutely fine just a wee bit of a carry on and a coup to get Dougray to do it. Won't be for everyone but what is, the fact we have over 100 posts and people sharing on lots of other platforms mission accomplished

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    I've never understood the whole "if it gets people talking about it, then it's good, it's doing its job" argument.

I've seen loads of terrible adverts on telly, and I've never been compelled to go buy the thing because of them.

Does anyone honestly believe that someone who wasn't going to buy a season ticket, saw that ad and thought - actually I really want to go buy one now?

If we sell another 1000 season tickets, it'll be because those people want a season ticket, not because of a cringe fest ad campaign.

Probably made it through 30 seconds or so. Cringeworthy doesn't cover it for me.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post

But do you think it’s fair for folk on twitter to tag individual Hibs employees on twitter and tell them how terrible it is and how it must be deleted immediately?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    But do you think it’s fair for folk on twitter to tag individual Hibs employees on twitter and tell them how terrible it is and how it must be deleted immediately?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think it’s ironic that these people are calling the video embarrassing when their reaction is a million times more embarrassing for them than a silly wee promotional video.

First Team Breakthrough
    I've just watched it and it is good to see the club trying something different, why not work with local comedians and support local talent.

As for cringeworthy, take a look at our near neighbours' constant use of the 1st World War, I would be surprised if the unearthed a Two Ronnies sketch about the 1st world war...

I'd like to thank you all. I had zero expectations going by the reaction, and I actually managed to make it all the way through.

Wasn't really funny in the slightest, mind you, but the marker for these things is equally how cheap and nastily produced they can tend to look. It wasn't a disaster on that front, so overall I think we can avoid a slightly OTT sense of feeling ashamed of Hibs and what they're trying to do.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Made me chuckle a few times, bit different i suppose but i liked it.

I'm a bit disappointed they didn't have the real Grant Stott.

I mean, who was that non-entity?