hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Official Site: CLUB UPDATE

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Bit surprised at the %age of STs requesting a refund for last season............"less than 15%" if that is 14%, then that could be over £500,000

eta - no it isnt as that would be full value cost !!!
    Last edited by green day; 15-06-2020 at 05:05 PM.

Good to get some communication on this. This will be the case for countless other clubs, and it will be far worse for some too. It's so important that we pull together and help to push the club through this turbulence.

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bit surprised at the %age of STs requesting a refund for last season............"less than 15%" if that is 14%, then that could be over £500,000
    Yes me too, just posted that on the ‘refund’ thread.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Fans who requested the refund are only getting the amount of four home games missed through the ending of the season refunded. Not the full amount.

Bit surprised at the %age of STs requesting a refund for last season............"less than 15%"
    I'd say that's a decent number (as in low) considering the climate and severity of things and very good of Hibs to offer it.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    How could it be over £500k, people are only being refunded for games missed not the full cost of a season ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    How could it be over £500k, people are only being refunded for games missed not the full cost of a season ticket.

That would have been a generous offer!

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    check my edit..................

Sure I’ll be shot down for this but this doesn’t sit well with me.

Before I say anything else, I have renewed off the back of this because I can afford to, I was previously holding back because I wanted to ensure I got value for what I purchased, I’m still not convinced I will but I want to ensure I do all I can to support the club.

I appreciate circumstances are “unprecedented” the key word everyone is using and our plans from a few months ago will have taken a hit however we have an owner who has millions upon millions of pounds. In a time like this where clubs are making cuts, no Hearts in the league, I would have thought it was a perfect opportunity to get one up on our rivals and build a better team to push higher up the table, instead we’ve gone from buying big screens and doubling our wage budgets to requesting cuts. I would wager the people first to go will be the non-football staff not tied to contracts on mega bucks also.

I really just don’t understand how we can be promised millions of investment a few months ago to now having to make cuts, less money is coming in, absolutely, we’ve missed out on 4 home games which will have cost us money however with what was being promised at the AGM, surely that comes at a higher cost than the 4 games we’ve missed? I appreciate we may miss more in the future but that comes under next seasons budget.

Our rivals, Dundee Utd are making contract offers to every player on the planet, some that we should be looking at (O’Donnell, Nisbet etc) how is there situation different to ours?

If our owner was as committed as he says he is for me then he needs to put his hands in his pockets, especially given all of the information and hope he gave us about investment in the coming months.

Quote Originally Posted by Up The Bracket View Post
    I really just don’t understand how we can be promised millions of investment a few months ago to now having to make cuts
    I think there's a very, very good reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Vault Boy View Post
    Rather than picking quotes out of my post like a child, actually read it, multiple references have been made to the unprecedented times and I understand it’s difficult and revenue isn’t as high as expected but that doesn’t mean board investment should be reduced which is clearly is being.

Before I say anything else, I have renewed off the back of this because I can afford to, I was previously holding back because I wanted to ensure I got value for what I purchased, I’m still not convinced I will but I want to ensure I do all I can to support the club.

I appreciate circumstances are “unprecedented” the key word everyone is using and our plans from a few months ago will have taken a hit however we have an owner who has millions upon millions of pounds. In a time like this where clubs are making cuts, no Hearts in the league, I would have thought it was a perfect opportunity to get one up on our rivals and build a better team to push higher up the table, instead we’ve gone from buying big screens and doubling our wage budgets to requesting cuts. I would wager the people first to go will be the non-football staff not tied to contracts on mega bucks also.

I really just don’t understand how we can be promised millions of investment a few months ago to now having to make cuts, less money is coming in, absolutely, we’ve missed out on 4 home games which will have cost us money however with what was being promised at the AGM, surely that comes at a higher cost than the 4 games we’ve missed? I appreciate we may miss more in the future but that comes under next seasons budget.

Our rivals, Dundee Utd are making contract offers to every player on the planet, some that we should be looking at (O’Donnell, Nisbet etc) how is there situation different to ours?

If our owner was as committed as he says he is for me then he needs to put his hands in his pockets, especially given all of the information and hope he gave us about investment in the coming months.
    We were never promised millions of investment. Dunno where you got that from. Ron was never going to invest millions of his money. I'm sure he is also facing financial issues and long term *****ing loads of money now would be very bad for him.

Dundee United will go bust if they offer loads of money to guys now, simple as that. Their situation is easily going to be worse than ours, they have half the fans.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar

No sure where to start with this so I won’t

Dundee Utd haven’t offered anyone a contract as far as I can see

When the club were talking about all this investment at the AGM there is no way they could’ve predicted, like anyone else on the planet, what’s happened or that a large chunk of income would stop

Rather than picking quotes out of my post like a child, actually read it, multiple references have been made to the unprecedented times and I understand it’s difficult and revenue isn’t as high as expected but that doesn’t mean board investment should be reduced which is clearly is being.
    How do you know board investment is being reduced?

@hibs.net private member The Spaceman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vault Boy View Post
    100%. It is the same situation as companies are facing up and down the UK e.g. people who have had record years yet face no bonuses and/or pay cuts. COVID-19 is the biggest disaster to hit the UK economy AND Scottish Football, it is the ultimate double-whammy for clubs and as such anything and everything needs to be done to protect them.

The silver lining is that we are in the depths of this crises with one of the healthiest finances in UK football. Every club will need to make cut-backs and, whilst frustrating, is replicated across all of football...therefore we won't necessarily be "disadvantaged" by it. Conversely, we might come out of this stronger in relative terms as and when "luxury" spending is permissible for the club, which will be long before many of our competitors.

Cut-backs now, but real opportunity once the pathway becomes clear.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Is it really that surprising? People will have been furloughed which adds to expense as you are not at work so burning through electricity, food and the rest. That's the best case scenario, other people will have lost their income entirely. Football club is very important for us all but if it is a choice between putting food on the table or a football club then it's an obvious choice.

Firstly, I picked up that quote so as to address it directly, rather than clutter the thread with your entire post. Against my better judgement I did read your entire stream of consciousness, so you can wind it in with that child patter.

If you're that upset and defensive about somebody responding to something that you wrote directly, then maybe don't post on public forums.

The AGM goals were self admittedly lofty and depended on increasing revenue, not breaking even or having such an unexpected and massive decrease, outside of our control. I don't need to respond to every single sentence you wrote in order to get my own point across and I'll thank you not to tell me what to do.

The calculations have been done on the other thread but, the full refund most likely won't be any higher than £100k.

Nearly 15% take-up is disappointing (though they're quite within their rights to claim a refund) but it's not exactly the end of the world.

It's not just 4 games though. It was 4 games last season and god knows how many next season so the reality is could be 10/15/20 games in total. Even with season ticket holders buying for next season we still on average had 2500-3000 walk-ups each game between home fans, away fans and hospitality last season.

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar

So, no money coming in except a bit over half the ST revenue. Costs same as they were and consultations Just beginning. No clear ability to forecast, rainy day/investment fund eaten into; and your looking for the club to spend on infrastructure.

Is that right?

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    Is it really that surprising? People will have been furloughed which adds to expense as you are not at work so burning through electricity, food and the rest. That's the best case scenario, other people will have lost their income entirely. Football club is very important for us all but if it is a choice between putting food on the table or a football club then it's an obvious choice.
    I don't know. I'm not sure up to 15% of the population are so impacted financially that the £100 or so will make the difference.

I read comments about some putting it towards next season's ticket or toward something from the shop.

Each to their own but for me that doesn't put people in the category of putting food on the table.

Hibs is a different thing to other companies - I would have hoped that people would have treated this as a last resort.

This is the reality of the economic impact of the virus and the response to it. People have tried to paint it as health v economy but the two are interlinked in so many ways.

I commend Hibs for being honest about things and as a fan I'll continue to try to help in whatever small way I can. I'm sure I'm far from alone in that.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Clear, concise and honest communication from the club again. Difficult times but every single club in this country will be going through the same. We're no different to anyone else. Let's pack out Easter Road and help as much as possible once large crowds are allowed back.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Clear, concise and honest communication from the club again. Difficult times but every single club in this country will be going through the same. We're no different to anyone else. Let's pack out Easter Road and help as much as possible once large crowds are allowed back.
    Spot on.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    I don't know. I'm not sure up to 15% of the population are so impacted financially that the £100 or so will make the difference.

I read comments about some putting it towards next season's ticket or toward something from the shop.

Each to their own but for me that doesn't put people in the category of putting food on the table.

Hibs is a different thing to other companies - I would have hoped that people would have treated this as a last resort.
    I agree, 15% is quite high. However, new millionaire owner and well paid football players (who to give them their due have done the right/noble thing) does make the choice more murky for people. So far I quite like Ron but to have him talking about financial difficulties is a bit well...rich. I cannot say whether the 15% will need that £100 to put food on the table but I can say with almost 100% certainty that £100 will mean more to those fans than it would to Ron or the players (barring a few exceptions).
    Last edited by madhatter; 15-06-2020 at 05:58 PM.

I agree, 15% is quite high. However, new billionaire owner and well paid football players (who to give them their due have done the right/noble thing) does make the choice more murky for people. So far I quite like Ron but to have him talking about financial difficulties is a bit well...rich. I cannot say whether the 15% will need that £100 to put food on the table but I can say with almost 100% certainty that £100 will mean more to those fans than it would to Ron or the players (barring a few exceptions).
    There is almost no evidence that Ron Gordon is a billionaire. He sold his company to NBC for $75M, that's about all the information about his wealth that is publicly available.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member stantonhibby's Avatar
    I agree, 15% is quite high. However, new billionaire owner and well paid football players (who to give them their due have done the right/noble thing) does make the choice more murky for people. So far I quite like Ron but to have him talking about financial difficulties is a bit well...rich. I cannot say whether the 15% will need that £100 to put food on the table but I can say with almost 100% certainty that £100 will mean more to those fans than it would to Ron or the players (barring a few exceptions).
    A billionaire? Very much doubt it.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    There is almost no evidence that Ron Gordon is a billionaire. He sold his company to NBC for $75M, that's about all the information about his wealth that is publicly available.
    True, my point is still valid but not quite as strong - I assume £100 means more to the 15% of fans than it does to Ron or the players. I would hope Ron has more than $75m as that is a small amount to be associated with a football club even in Scotland.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    True, my point is still valid but not quite as strong - I assume £100 means more to the 15% of fans than it does to Ron or the players. I would hope Ron has more than $75m as that is a small amount to be associated with a football club even in Scotland.
    Considering Ron bought us for what? Around £5m after debts were wiped etc. How is £75m small to be associated with a Scottish football club? You’re just waffling now I’m afraid.