hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Which clubs do Hibs have a positive association with

Are there any clubs , home or abroad where Hibs have a positive association or relationship with.
    Am thinking along the same lines as the supposed bond between Celtic and Liverpool and wondered if Hibs had something similar

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Duke of Currie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are there any clubs , home or abroad where Hibs have a positive association or relationship with.
    Am thinking along the same lines as the supposed bond between Celtic and Liverpool and wondered if Hibs had something similar
    Well in my experience with younger fans any club with a connection to Ireland is generally respected if not liked even Celtic (but come game day that’s all out the window )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Celtic and at a push St Mirren in Scotland. Gais of Sweden, Eintracht Frankfurt of Germany, Shamrock Rovers of Ireland, am I missing anyone else?

We’ve become quite buddy buddy with St Mirren recently.

Quote Originally Posted by TelaStella View Post
    Celtic and at a push St Mirren in Scotland. Gais of Sweden, Eintracht Frankfurt of Germany, Shamrock Rovers of Ireland, am I missing anyone else?

More of a recent thing but I remember the home molde fans being nice in Norway

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke of Currie View Post
    There was a group of Green Brotherhood a while back not sure if that is still a concern. Hibs never played any of them as far as I remember but I’d love a trip to play Yeovil away. I’d say we were more closely associated with the clubs we give friendlies to, Craigroyston, Vale of Leithen, Selkirk and the like. Think we get on well with the Fife clubs too, or we used to.
    I had a half and half Hibs / Arsenal hat in the 80s. It was only associated with my head though.

Left by mutual consent!
    Berwick Rangers and Cowdenbeath are our go to clubs in the leagues below.

Did we loan youngsters to Stenhousemuir for a while or was that just Kenny Miller that went there. Seem to remember others going but can’t quite remember who.

Celtic and St Mirren in Scotland as said above. Eintracht Frankfurt, Groningen, Shamrock Rovers (although Cork City were once Cork Hibs if I'm correct?).

Oh and our best pals Linfield of course 😉

Quote Originally Posted by ErinGoBraghHFC View Post
    Celtic and St Mirren in Scotland as said above. Eintracht Frankfurt, Groningen, Shamrock Rovers (although Cork City were once Cork Hibs if I'm correct?).

Oh and our best pals Linfield of course
    Hope Linfield one is a joke

@hibs.net private member
    A number of the players used to have a close association with the clubs in George Street.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibee ultra View Post
    Hope Linfield one is a joke

Yes.

Yes.
    Very good

We never followed up on that day out at Glentoran either mind you.

@hibs.net private member StevieC's Avatar
    I was always warmly welcomed at FC Dnipro matches, and my Hibernian/Dnipro Scotland flag (gifted to me by their supporters) was always given a prominent spot alongside those of the ultras and other fans groups (including the Europa Cup Final).

Sadly an egotistical owner, that refused to pay a league fine, saw the demise of the team and its eventual liquidation last season.
    Last edited by StevieC; 19-07-2020 at 08:27 PM.

I don't think there's much love lost between Hibs and Celtic. Especially at boardroom level.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    We never followed up on that day out at Glentoran either mind you.
    I had to leave early to get to mass, for some reason they didn't seem keen on coming with?😂

Celtic? 1987 CS gas at Easter Road? Repeatedly decimating our squads? Not for me.
    Im not sure we really have that ‘brothers in arms’ thing with other teams. More common on the continent I think; Marseille, AEK Athens and Livorno have a triangular thing going on where their ultras attend other teams matches, fly banners supporting the brother teams and so on. Seemed odd to me but each to their own.

I had to leave early to get to mass, for some reason they didn't seem keen on coming with?😂
    It was a Saturday. You sure it was mass now?

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    I'm not convinced there's much love lost between Hibs and Celtic. Especially at boardroom level.
    Not love but with younger supporters the Irish hearatige is well received aswell as there position on Scottish independence so perhaps a better word is respect between supporters but none of this cousins *****

It was a Saturday. You sure it was mass now?
    Pub, mass, same thing man

Quote Originally Posted by StevieC View Post
    I was always warmly welcomed at FC Dnipro matches, and my Hibernian/Dnipro Scotland flag (gifted to me by their supporters) was always given a prominent spot alongside those of the ultras and other fans groups (including the Europa Cup Final).

Sadly an egotistical owner, that refused to pay a league fine, saw the demise of the team and its eventual liquidation last season.
    I honestly had no idea of that Stevie. That really is sad.

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    This friendship between clubs stuff is all a bit cringy for me. Leave that kind of stuff to the ugly sisters

in an ideal world we’d still have a close relationship with the clubs who partly owe their existence to us, celtic, Dundee United etc, but as has been covered many times before certainly Celtic have been anything but ‘brotherly’ to us
    Last edited by Pagan Hibernia; 19-07-2020 at 08:38 PM.

In Scottish football everyone is out for themselves, and I like it that way to be honest.

@hibs.net private member StevieC's Avatar
    I honestly had no idea of that Stevie. That really is sad.
    Owner let them drop down the leagues as a youth/development team, until they ended up in the amateur league (where he then ended the club).
    In the meantime he started a new club, Dnipro-1, which he ploughed his money into. They rose through the leagues at the same rate that FC Dnipro plummeted, and ended this season in 7th place in the Premier League.
    I was at an FC Dnipro/Dnipro-1 match as they passed each other in the leagues and it was all a bit surreal (FC Dnipro won, which was allowed a great big GIRUY to the owner from the fans).

The FC Dnipro fans hate the new team (understandably) and want nothing to do with it, but it will be interesting to see if their feelings change through time. There will be a new generation of youngsters that want to go watch their local team, that won’t have the same attachment to FC Dnipro as the current supporters
    But you know it ain't all about wealth,
    as long as you make a note to .. EXPRESS YOURSELF!

There was a massive love in between us and Aston Villa after selling John McGinn.

Testimonial Due
    Dundee for obvious reasons. Always a good reception from Kilmarnock fans - they were magnanimous when we beat them in LC final. Wished as well after beat them in the cup with late Tam Mcmanus goal. They have a disdain for the Old Firm because of glory hunter busses leaving Ayrshire on the weekends.

Anderlect fans applauded the Hibs fans very warmly at the end of the away 1 - 1 leg

Coaching Staff

I've been making inroads on the Linfield front. A good friend of mine is on the Board there and I've been a guest in the boardroom a few times. They are well aware of my Hibs background and they are always extremely welcoming and keen to talk about Hibs. Pat Fenlon is of course Director of Football there and he speaks very fondly of us still.

Interestingly when Linfield were on the brink of the Europa League group stages earlier in the season it was ex Fenlon signing Zoubir that scored the decisive goal for Qarabag. Another ex Hibee Rherras had scored in the first leg. Ryan McGivern was on the Linfield bench.

@hibs.net private member
    Brondby fans classed us as “the drunkest/craziest fans they’ve ever seen” if that counts?