hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Kit man and other redundancies

Daily record tonight reporting that Tam McCourt has been made redundant. How does everyone feel about all this? First of all I think it’s bad craic considering the guy has been there for so long. At first I thought the media were out to get us but the longer theres no communication from the club I’m not surprised. Pretty poor tbh.

Why is it bad craic or poor just because he’s been there for years?

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why is it bad craic or poor just because he’s been there for years?
    Loyalty. But I’m also more meaning the total lack of communication from hibs

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoDoidge View Post
    Hibs can't comment while the consultation process is ongoing. We won't say anything

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    Hibs can't comment while the consultation process is ongoing. We won't say anything
    Exactly. And personally, as a fan, I've never felt the need to be kept in the picture over such an issue.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Surely he’s just been laid low while the current situation plays out. The players are washing their own kit at the moment so there’s no need for a kit man, that will change soon.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    Surely he’s just been laid low while the current situation plays out. The players are washing their own kit at the moment so there’s no need for a kit man, that will change soon.
    I think there was more than Tam on that side of things. Less to do with no development team etc, less people required.

Who knows, someone who has his length of service might be quite happy with redundancy (equally might not of course). It does demonstrate the scale of the cuts though.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    What information would you like Hibs to communicate about a redundancy consultation process which is supposed to be confidential?

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Daily Record article has no quotes not even any ‘unnamed sources’. Total guesswork.

Anyway got a link to that 'he disnae wash his breeks that guid at hame' song?

@hibs.net private member AFKA5814_Hibs's Avatar
    Many people will be getting made redundant. It's not nice, but happening at companies up and down the country. I'm sure there is loads of folks who are losing their jobs who have been at companies for many years. Hibs are no different.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    What information would you like Hibs to communicate about a redundancy consultation process which is supposed to be confidential?
    So who leaked it to the tabloids?

Quote Originally Posted by gorgiegreens View Post
    So who leaked it to the tabloids?
    Don’t think anybody leaked anything.

Hibs told everybody they were starting a consultation. The Daily Record have written that 70 people are getting made redundant. When you look at the number of employees Hibs have, it’s pretty clear 70 people won’t be getting made redundant.

Make public statements about a redundancy consultation?

You being serious?

You actually think a statement saying "yeah we've punted another 5 staff today" is a good idea? Hibs are telling us what we need to know.

Pretty sure this has been gone over to death. Hibs will do what they have to do to survive and ensure they are competitive on the park.

It's the same in every business just now. I'm currently in employment but I'm not daft enough to know that could change at any time and I have been with my current employer for many many years.

First Team Breakthrough EAZY-ME's Avatar
    Gutted ...definitely one of our own

The business is being restructured with every thing going into the first team. Can’t do that without making changes. We have very high costs compared with the likes of Motherwell and they are managing to finish above us in the league. We have to do whatever it takes to make our first team the priority.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Feel sorry for anyone who loses their job.

I don't think it's fair to speculate until the consultation with staff is over and appropriate announcements are made. Obviously there's going to be nothing like the 70 odd redundancies being touted by red tops and Jambos, but there will be some necessary decisions made for jobs that will no longer exist as part of our post-pandemic budget.

Until then, I think we should be focusing on the football elements of the club, rather than engaging in the bull**** from the DR and the Sun.

Any staff that unfortunately lose their jobs will have my fullest sympathy, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Vault Boy View Post
    I don't think it's fair to speculate until the consultation with staff is over and appropriate announcements are made. Obviously there's going to be nothing like the 70 odd redundancies being touted by red tops and Jambos, but there will be some necessary decisions made for jobs that will no longer exist as part of our post-pandemic budget.

Until then, I think we should be focusing on the football elements of the club, rather than engaging in the bull**** from the DR and the Sun.

Any staff that unfortunately lose their jobs will have my fullest sympathy, however.
    These are wise words ✅

🗞 🗑

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Power View Post
    These are wise words ✅

🗞 🗑
    That’s reassuring KP, thanks for chipping in.

These are wise words ✅

🗞 🗑
    Newpaper Trash 👍

These are wise words ✅

🗞 🗑
    How does this keep happening mate? Where do they get their info?

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    These are wise words ✅

🗞 🗑
    Case closed, shut this thread down before it adds more fuel to the fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Vault Boy View Post

Well said.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Daily record tonight reporting that Tam McCourt has been made redundant. How does everyone feel about all this? First of all I think it’s bad craic considering the guy has been there for so long. At first I thought the media were out to get us but the longer theres no communication from the club I’m not surprised. Pretty poor tbh.
    I’m sure this has already been explained to you but if a company is looking to make a number of redundancies it has to conduct a consultation period of a minimum of 30 days with said employees. They can’t talk publicly about those potential redundancies during that period, especially in regard to talking about specific individuals. More details here: https://www.gov.uk/redundancy-your-rights/consultation

Coaching Staff
    It’s a shame when anyone loses their job. Beyond that, the kit man isn’t top of the list of the things at the club I’m very interested in.

Testimonial Due
    Gutted for anyone losing their job, but the priority must be strengthening/maintaining the first team squad.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    It’s a shame when anyone loses their job. Beyond that, the kit man isn’t top of the list of the things at the club I’m very interested in.
    It is a bit of a strange one though.

By all accounts it seems like a kit mans role at a football club is more than being just a kit man. He’s been in and around the first team at Hibs as far back as I can remember and is clearly a big Hibs man.

If we’re making his job redundant, who is going to do all the roles he currently does? Players aren’t going to be washing and preparing their own kits.

Like you I couldn’t really care who washes the strips but it is a bit strange we are making what appears to be a pretty essential job redundant, especially when the person in that job has been with this club for so long and is apparently a very popular figure.

Don’t really understand it but then, no reason I would as I’ve not had it explained what the plan is