hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar

Is this unsporting behaviour?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/55214584

He was booked for walking this in!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    As piers Morgan would say, the world's gone nuts.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    By the letter of the laws of the game, it's not a booking but I'm glad the referee has given that as a yellow. There's literally no need for him to do that, the look over his shoulder says it all.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member Seveno's Avatar
    It showed a total lack of respect for their opponents and deserved censure.

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    By the letter of the laws of the game, it's not a booking but I'm glad the referee has given that as a yellow. There's literally no need for him to do that, the look over his shoulder says it all.
    Nah not for me , they will be booking players who nutmeg opposition players next.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Nah not for me , they will be booking players who nutmeg opposition players next.

They won't.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by Seveno View Post
    It showed a total lack of respect for their opponents and deserved censure.
    The most similar thing I can think of is Balotelli for Man City spinning round in the penalty box and trying to backheel it in during a pre-season friendly and being hooked immediately by the manager.

They won't.
    Well they have started booking players for walking the ball into an empty net, and only because one of the opposition was angry. He was the one who should have been booked for unnecessary aggression to an opponent.

@hibs.net private member
    I hear the ref is a big Millwall fan.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    With 2 minutes of time added on still to play, I think it was more to run down the clock than to wind up the other team so undeserved booking IMO.

Well they have started booking players for walking the ball into an empty net, and only because one of the opposition was angry. He was the one who should have been booked for unnecessary aggression to an opponent.
    They won't. For your logic to work the "they'll start doing x next" the outcome has to be realistic, or it has to be relevant to the original action, which it isn't.

Nutmegging an opponent is getting the ball past them and getting away from them. That wasn't a booking for "walking the ball into the net", it was time wasting and an obvious sign of disrespect.

If they start booking the opposition player for "unneccessary aggression to an opponent" they'll start booking fans for buying a pie at half time soon.

They won't. For your logic to work the "they'll start doing x next" the outcome has to be realistic, which it isn't.
    I used to think it was unrealistic to walk a ball into an empty net and be booked for it.

Taking the p1ss.

No idea if that's under the official yellow card criteria, though.

To be booked for that is mental. So what if he was winding the opposition up, all part of the game. He’d probably been booted up and down the place for the previous 90 minutes.

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    i guess it was for time wasting, not un-gentlemanly conduct.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    I think it's the waiting until the keeper is nearly there before scoring that is the issue, if that's the case though, keepers should be booked for letting a striker closing in on them get near before they pick the ball up.

I don't think he should have been booked for it, poor decision from the ref, IMHO.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

You don’t get booked for holding onto the ball by the corner flag to waste time so what’s wrong with this?

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Never a booking in a million years.

Quote Originally Posted by worcesterhibby View Post
    Can't see it being for time wasting, watch the ref, he's not booking the player until the opposition player gets involved.

Never a booking for me BUT could it be classed as inciting the opposition? Any rage should be directed at the defender and keeper for not communicating

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Shan patter, but never a booking.

@hibs.net private member McSwanky's Avatar
    I used to think it was unrealistic to walk a ball into an empty net and be booked for it.
    So you actually think that they might start booking a player that nutmegs the opposition? Aye, right!

Anyway, that aside, I agree with you. It's a farce of a booking - whether it's to wind the clock down or wind the opposition up, he's perfectly entitled to do it, and there's nothing wrong with it.

I'm disappointed with the guy though. He should, of course, have got down on all 4s and headed it into the net.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    If anyone should’ve been booked it’s the boy who ran over and squared up to him.

Nothing wrong with what the boys done here. It’s not like he lay down to header it in, he’s under no obligation to rush, no more than a keeper who waits for someone to close him down before picking the ball up.

Time wasting? The ball is in play, no different to taking it to the corner. He could’ve turned around and played a few passes if he really wanted to. Running the clock down when the ball is in play is legal, it’s down to the opposition to get the ball back, no different to a goalkeeper keeping the ball at his feet before picking it up when a player eventually charges it down. Disrespectful for not putting the ball into the net in as quick a time as he could and having the temerity to look over his shoulder 😂 ref should be binned for not having a scooby about the rules.

I'm quite often finding myself holding an opposing point of view to many on here and sometimes I wonder if my view on certain issues is unusual.

Today's one of those times.

That is never a booking in a month of Sundays and I'm amazed that anyone could think otherwise. He's scored a perfectly good goal. So what if he was showboating a bit? If the other team's defending wasn't so bad, he wouldn't have had the opportunity.

@hibs.net private member McSwanky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    I'm quite often finding myself holding an opposing point of view to many on here and sometimes I wonder if my view on certain issues is unusual.

That is never a booking in a month of Sundays and I'm amazed that anyone could think otherwise. He's scored a perfectly good goal. So what if he was showboating a bit? If the other team's defending wasn't so bad, he wouldn't have had the opportunity.
    Eh? I think the vast majority on this thread are saying it was never a booking?

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar

Why? What?

Not his fault if the opposition made a total hash of it.

Guys done nothing wrong from a legal or moral point of view. The booking is a total joke.

Quote Originally Posted by worcesterhibby View Post
    Time wasting is only a thing when a player delays the restart of play. The ball was in play the full time that he dribbled the ball up to the goal line so it cannot be deemed to be time wasting.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post

I haven't counted, but opinions seem to be split about 50/50 on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by McS***** View Post
    Eh? I think the vast majority on this thread are saying it was never a booking?
    The fact that anyone can think it was a booking has me bewildered to be honest.