hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Hallberg

@hibs.net private member

Hallberg

Big season ahead of him. I really hope he kicks on with a good pre season under his belt. I’m still unsure on him but Im but hoping he can prove me wrong this season. He’s defo got a bit, just needs to show it!

2. Log in to remove the advert

I really like him, was unlucky to find himself out the picture last season as hadn't done much wrong.

Potential midfield options or Halberg, Mallan, Allan, Newell, Gogic, Docherty with Boyle and Wright wide looks strong on paper. Lots of ifs/buts in there though and think the influx of players might be getting funded by the sale of Boyle - have to wait and see

Good player. Very mixed performances last season. But saw enough in the games he performed in to know there's a player there. Hopefully with Gogic coming in we'll have someone who can do the dirty side of things and leave him to get on with being a more forward thinking midfielder.

He was forced to sit deep last season due to no DM in the team, not his natural game, he' a B2B player and hopefully with Gogic coming in it will allow him to be more free to pay his own game. Has a decent career so far starting at Kalmar then Udinese but mostly out on loan, he ended up back in Sweden, also has 3 Swedish caps.

Felt he was excellent when he first came in, added some presence in the middle of the park and was big part of our uptick in form. I seem to remember he was badly at fault for Hearts' winner at ER and his season never really recovered.

I don't see any reason why he can't be a big success for us and he's at a great age, but I got the feeling he didn't fit into the new manager's plans.

Big season for him. Started OK but then spent quite a lot of time running around a lot without really doing very much IMO. Think there could be something to work with but need to work our what he’s there to do.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    As others have said, will benefit from having a structured midfield and Gogic doing the defensive job (however that applies to all our midfielders).

The dury is very much out for me. Still think he will end up Slivka MKII and leave in a year or two with us all saying there’s a player in there somewhere.

Left by mutual consent!
    I think Halberg was a panic buy from Hecky afrer he realised just how ineffective Josh Vela was. In saying that i thought he was a decent player who didnt do much wrong and was unlucky to get dropped when he did.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As others have said, will benefit from having a structured midfield and Gogic doing the defensive job (however that applies to all our midfielders).

The dury is very much out for me. Still think he will end up Slivka MKII and leave in a year or two with us all saying there’s a player in there somewhere.
    He started off quite well but ended up looking like he was struggling with the pace of the game. Almost exactly like Slivka. He isn’t the most mobile either. It was strange though, he started by putting in tackles and playing simple passes and then completely stopped making tackles and did what Slivka and Mallan do - mark space and treat defending as break time.

I still have hopes for him. He can take a good free kick and I suspect he may be better further up field or in wide areas with license to get forward. Without serious work on his part, he is never going to work as holding midfielder.

I think he's been asked to play outside his natural position, in much the same way as Newell was. Hoping for a similar turn round in form as we get a midfield where everyone fits.

He’s a good player and was one of our best players when we were struggling.

Had a bad game and seemed to find himself out the picture.

Brings composure and physical side to midfield plus can score goals.

Think he will be important for us - think he was excellent in Derby win at new year.

Our issue is finding the balance in midfield - Allan / Mallan / Hallberg all similar at times.

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HendoDelivered View Post
    Big season ahead of him. I really hope he kicks on with a good pre season under his belt. I’m still unsure on him but Im but hoping he can prove me wrong this season. He’s defo got a bit, just needs to show it!
    Can’t see him playing much if we sign Gogic . Hasn’t featured much under Ross but time will tell .
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Our squad last season was wildly imbalanced - no DM, about five options at RB but only one top flight quality striker up front so Boyle had to provide more goals than normal, Hallberg, Mallan or Slivka had to drop into DM where they aren't best suited and more.

If we have the right sort of players in the right key positions I think we'll see a few players step up this season. Look at the improvement in Newell when he was moved slightly more central. Arguably our best player in the second half of last season.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Our squad last season was wildly imbalanced - no DM, about five options at RB but only one top flight quality striker up front so Boyle had to provide more goals than normal, Hallberg, Mallan or Slivka had to drop into DM where they aren't best suited and more.

If we have the right sort of players in the right key positions I think we'll see a few players step up this season. Look at the improvement in Newell when he was moved slightly more central. Arguably our best player in the second half of last season.
    100%