hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Josh Doig

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nonshinyfinish View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Barry Lavety and Javier Zanetti
    Yannick Zambernardi and.....oh, hold on, I've ****ed this right up.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye View Post
    Yannick Zambernardi and.....oh, hold on, I've ****ed this right up.
    It’s....Jamie Vardy?

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    It’s....Jamie Vardy?
    Or Oliver Hardy.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Spence View Post
    You just took the words out of my mouth mate, he's got to earn the chance to start in games and with him coming through our system means he needs to stand out at training etc. Hibs handing out contracts to young players like Murray is exactly their chance the rest is up to the players and if they only get two starts then I can guarantee its got nothing to do with the manager not giving young guys a start and more likely that the young guys ain't good enough to start. Do people seriously believe that our management team and coaching staff cannot tell if a player deserves to start or not and if they are then deliberately leave them out because of their age??
    I hate to say it but just maybe they ain't good enough

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk
    No but managers make short term decisions because if they dont get immediate results, they are gone. Why should guys like Mallan get 18 months to refind form and Murray shouldn't get more than 2 starts in 2 years?

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    No but managers make short term decisions because if they dont get immediate results, they are gone. Why should guys like Mallan get 18 months to refind form and Murray shouldn't get more than 2 starts in 2 years?
    I would presume because they ain't good enough

I would love to see the youth players earn starts consistently bud but they just don't seem to be good enough

Players are picked based on training performance etc. If Murray was outstanding in training he’d be a first pick.

@hibs.net private member Pheona's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomsk View Post
    Was his father's name Rab?

I know a Rab Doig who played for Queens Park in the 1970s.
    It isn't Rab, no.

@hibs.net private member Pheona's Avatar
    https://youtu.be/Tk6FXPB8Hhw

Josh at QP playing No 3

Left by mutual consent! PaulSmith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomsk View Post
    Was his father's name Rab?

I know a Rab Doig who played for Queens Park in the 1970s.
    His dad’s called Tommy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member MagicSwirlingShip's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Players are picked based on training performance etc. If Murray was outstanding in training he’d be a first pick.
    And performances of the players that already have the jersey.

Maybe now Slivka has left he will be higher up the pecking order

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    It’s....Jamie Vardy?
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

Doesn't really work like that. You telling me guys like Josh Vela and Glenn Middleton were good in training while Murray was only in the top 11 best trainers twice in 2 years. Players are picked on much more than training.

Doesn't really work like that. You telling me guys like Josh Vela and Glenn Middleton were good in training while Murray was only in the top 11 best trainers twice in 2 years. Players are picked on much more than training.
    I'm not going to get into an argument about it but Murray would have played many more games if he was better than the rest in training. Any player that shines in training gets in the team. We arent Barca.

I'm not going to get into an argument about it but Murray would have played many more games if he was better than the rest in training. Any player that shines in training gets in the team. We arent Barca.
    Probably right but picking a team is also based on a lot more than training.

I get what MWHIBBIES is saying, Vela was absolute pants but Heckingbottom continually picked him, training or not his match performances were not good enough to guarantee him his place. Managers have their favourites and pick players no matter how they are playing to the detriment of others who are worthy of a start.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    I get what MWHIBBIES is saying, Vela was absolute pants but Heckingbottom continually picked him, training or not his match performances were not good enough to guarantee him his place. Managers have their favourites and pick players no matter how they are playing to the detriment of others who are worthy of a start.
    Vela was continually picked? He played 9 games, and despite some thoughts he wasnt terrible in all of them. Also we didnt have anyone else shining in that role. And again Hecky didnt pick Vela. He was a Recruitement team signing and we tried to get him in previous seasons when Lennon was there. 9 times out of 10 a coach will pick the best players he has (in his opinion). Murray needs to start excelling if he wants to play.

Vela was continually picked? He played 9 games, and despite some thoughts he wasnt terrible in all of them. Also we didnt have anyone else shining in that role. And again Hecky didnt pick Vela. He was a Recruitement team signing and we tried to get him in previous seasons when Lennon was there. 9 times out of 10 a coach will pick the best players he has (in his opinion). Murray needs to start excelling if he wants to play.
    Vela started 14 games in all competitions. He was terrible in most of them. On average I really doubt there is much difference in the training performance of all the players. Vela was a safe, boring choice over taking a risk on a young player.

Vela started 14 games in all competitions. He was terrible in most of them. On average I really doubt there is much difference in the training performance of all the players. Vela was a safe, boring choice over taking a risk on a young player.
    Vela and Murray have very different skill sets. Murray would have been even more unsuitable to the deep role than Vela's performances.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    Vela and Murray have very different skill sets. Murray would have been even more unsuitable to the deep role than Vela's performances.
    Right. I understand that. It is also a good example of what I'm talking about. Murray could've been outperforming Vela every week in training but Hecky thought Vela suit his team more.

I'm obviously not advocating Murray starting in the deepest midfield position.

Right. I understand that. It is also a good example of what I'm talking about. Murray could've been outperforming Vela every week in training but Hecky thought Vela suit his team more.

I'm obviously not advocating Murray starting in the deepest midfield position.
    I’m not sure what you are advocating then. For Murray to have played more last season someone has to drop out. That would have been a final third player. So he needs to be out performing those players to get in the team.

I’m not sure what you are advocating then. For Murray to have played more last season someone has to drop out. That would have been a final third player. So he needs to be out performing those players to get in the team.
    Murray could've came in for any of Hallberg, Vela, Slivka, Mallan or Horgan at different points. All of those guys were underperforming. Instead we just continued to pick them, never trying anything new.

Quote Originally Posted by Pheona View Post
    https://youtu.be/Tk6FXPB8Hhw

Josh at QP playing No 3
    Doidge would love a ball like he played for the first. Excellent ball in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Murray could've came in for any of Hallberg, Vela, Slivka, Mallan or Horgan at different points. All of those guys were underperforming. Instead we just continued to pick them, never trying anything new.
    And if he was outperforming them he’d have been playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pheona View Post
    It isn't Rab, no.
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulSmith View Post
    His dad’s called Tommy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Cheers, Guys.

Ray McKinnon was quoted in the article saying his dad played for Queens Park. Thought it might be Rab Doig. I know loads of Doigs - mostly Hearts fans. Put 2 and 2 together and came up with 5.

And if he was outperforming them he’d have been playing.
    Again you keep thinking this is all about training. So in training he has to be outperforming them? So for not even 1 week he outperformed a single one?

I'd be surprised if Murray is actually attending training if he has only ''earned'' 2 starts in 2 years.

For the league cup were the young guys like Mackie, Murray etc doing well then immediately stopped doing well in training right before the league started? Is that how you think this works?

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Again you keep thinking this is all about training. So in training he has to be outperforming them? So for not even 1 week he outperformed a single one?

I'd be surprised if Murray is actually attending training if he has only ''earned'' 2 starts in 2 years.

For the league cup were the young guys like Mackie, Murray etc doing well then immediately stopped doing well in training right before the league started? Is that how you think this works?
    If he isn't impressing in games when in first team, bounce games or reserve matches and training he isn't going to be getting first team starts. Yes that is how it works.

@hibs.net private member
    Vela was a player

I’m pretty sure I know how it works. Have a good day.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HendoDelivered View Post
    Vela was a player

But not at Hibs.

Not necessarily his fault - maybe the balance was all wrong or he was being asked to play in the wrong position - but he did absolutely nothing in a Hibs shirt. Then he was dropped and results immediately improved.