hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    @hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The dalmeny View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    not a great example, airlines often oversell seats and folk get heaved off, happened to Dad and I
    Which is completely different to the example given.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    not a great example, airlines often oversell seats and folk get heaved off, happened to Dad and I
    Shambles on their behalf but how did they go about selecting people to not travel?

Quote Originally Posted by hibee-boys View Post
    The club are never going to prioritise PATG over seaaon ticket holders, not a great business decision that. However, if season ticket holders cannot attend a reduced capacity game, or any game really, there needs to be a system in place where a season ticket holder can either gift, or better still, hand back the ticket to that game for Hibs to sell, to ensure that if any PATG supporters want to attend, they can. The thought of a reduced capacity, only for that reduced capacity being 'reduced' further due to no shows would pxxx me right off!.....and i'm a season ticket holder. If i can hand the ticket back to the club for a game, as I normally miss a few a season due to work/family, I'll do that.
    This is the way forward

Quote Originally Posted by hibee-boys View Post
    The club are never going to prioritise PATG over seaaon ticket holders, not a great business decision that. However, if season ticket holders cannot attend a reduced capacity game, or any game really, there needs to be a system in place where a season ticket holder can either gift, or better still, hand back the ticket to that game for Hibs to sell, to ensure that if any PATG supporters want to attend, they can. The thought of a reduced capacity, only for that reduced capacity being 'reduced' further due to no shows would pxxx me right off!.....and i'm a season ticket holder. If i can hand the ticket back to the club for a game, as I normally miss a few a season due to work/family, I'll do that.
    Hibs would need to do something along those lines if Easter Road reopens with a reduced capacity, but it will be to determine which season ticket holders get into the match.

If fans are allowed to attend but in reduced numbers, then the total permitted attendance will inevitably be less than the number of season tickets sold. So Hibs would need to assign games to each of us, and we would then advise whether we could attend. If we can't, then that seat can be offered to another season ticket holder and there are enough of them that it would never be vacant for a walk up to purchase.

I don't see walk ups getting back until the ground is fully re-opened, which is hard on them but it's only fair to prioritise those who have purchased season tickets up front with no guarantee of being allowed to attend.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Which is completely different to the example given.
    close enough

Quote Originally Posted by Garibaldis View Post
    Shambles on their behalf but how did they go about selecting people to not travel?
    yip especially as it was the flight home. There were about 6 folk in total affected, we’d all booked very early to get cheap flights maybe 6 months in advance. I suspect that had something to do with it. We did get alternative flights back. Sort of like getting a ticket to ER but getting sent to Tynie lol.

not a great example, airlines often oversell seats and folk get heaved off, happened to Dad and I, but I get your drift

it's exactly the same scenario as the one proposed by the OP.

Whether or not Ryanair has a practice of overselling flights in the hope that a few people don't turn up is irrelevant.

But if you like, I could switch it to Lufthansa...

Quote Originally Posted by O'Rourke3 View Post
    Airlines do it all the time. Folks dont show up.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    And when airlines do it you are refunded or found a new flight. I doubt Hibs want to start refunding season tickets or directing fans to other games of football.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

close enough
    It’s nothing like it mate, airlines and hotels regularly oversell seats or rooms, hotels will then try to place you in another hotel once you arrive and airlines will offer you a later flight and or compensation. The scenario given was nothing like that. Sorry to be pedantic, I’ll bow out now 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    And when airlines do it you are refunded or found a new flight. I doubt Hibs want to start refunding season tickets or directing fans to other games of football.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Sorry, we've sold your seat that you just paid £400 for to somebody else, but here's a taxi to take you to the Toni Macaroni arena..."

"Have a nice day!"

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    "Sorry, we've sold your seat that you just paid £400 for to somebody else, but here's a taxi to take you to the Toni Macaroni arena..."

"Have a nice day!"
    😂

@hibs.net private member StevieT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Numptie View Post
    I don't see a problem with selling the streamed games at £22/£25 a game and let everyone without a season ticket pay-per view. I already watch some Hibs away games on pay-per-view through NOW TV and this is only £6/£8. We should also be able to watch away game streams at a high price - all money for the clubs.
    How do you manage to watch the games on NOW TV?

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    It’s nothing like it mate, airlines and hotels regularly oversell seats or rooms, hotels will then try to place you in another hotel once you arrive and airlines will offer you a later flight and or compensation. The scenario given was nothing like that. Sorry to be pedantic, I’ll bow out now 👍
    no huff taken

Left by mutual consent!
    Here’s my view.

There’s 20k plus seats.
    We’ve sold 10k
    that leaves 10k
    approx 4K away fans. Half that for diddy clubs.
    that leaves approx 5k

Obs hospitality needs added but ultimately there will be plenty tickets for supporters to just rock up.

I don’t see the need for all the fuss.

We rarely have full attendance sell outs apart from the odd derby.

I don’t see any supporters inside Easter Road until after the year.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Weegreenman View Post
    Here’s my view.

There’s 20k plus seats.
    We’ve sold 10k
    that leaves 10k
    that leaves approx 5k

Obs hospitality needs added but ultimately there will be plenty tickets for supporters to just rock up.

The one aspect of your logic that you are missing is that any fans in the stadium in the coming months will be at a social distance!! The stadium can hold 20k with everyone sitting together... you can immediately half that with social distancing.

So ultimately, non season ticket holders will have to wait and watch from home. Sorry but thems the breaks. A ST is not a right, it’s a privilege and those who are in a position to commit to a ST should be rewarded for that.

I hope something can be worked out for the first few months regarding non-season ticket holders, would rather give hibs the money than use an illegal stream.

Here’s my view.

There’s 20k plus seats.
    We’ve sold 10k
    that leaves 10k
    that leaves approx 5k

We wont see any away fans for along time. We are talking about if we are only allowing 10k for example into the ground due to social distancing etc.

Here’s my view.

There’s 20k plus seats.
    We’ve sold 10k
    that leaves 10k
    that leaves approx 5k

All very logical, for a normal situation.

But the discussion was about what would happen if only a limited number of the seats, e.g. 25%, were able to be used.