hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They will get an opportunity as and when that opportunity exists.

That opportunity will be in addition to, not instead of, anyone who has bought a season ticket though.
    Agreed

However ,the possibility of extra income will be the driving force to ensure that the opportunity does exist.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    I can’t see that it would be anything other than seriously damaging to the season ticket proposition if Hibs kept season ticket holders out to accommodate walk-ups. Where’s the incentive to buy next season, there’s supporting the club financially but you’re not going to use that method if you feel your money’s been taken and you’ve not got the service you paid for.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by InchHibby View Post
    I have purchased a Season ticket as I have done for many a year, but I understand that we all can’t do this for several reasons.
    If, say, when fans are allowed to return, I would like a percentage of those fans to be non season ticket holders. If say for example we were allowed 7000 in to begin with, 2000 of these places should go to non season ticket holders. The circumstances at present are unfortunate for all of us and those that simply aren’t in a position to lay out a large sum of money all at once, should not miss out. This of course would also generate much needed additional income to our club which I’m sure would be much appreciated.
    The club aren't going to go back on something they've promised.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10654

"All Hibernian season ticket holders for season 2020/21 shall:

- Be the first supporters into Easter Road on matchdays as soon as it is safe to do so."

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    I understand 100%

When I lived in Edinburgh I attended 80%+ of all Hibs matches, home & away, but never had a season ticket. Due to other commitments I couldn't make Saturday matches at the beginning and end of the season. I would have argued that I merited my place as much as the vast majority of supporters.

It's difficult to keep everyone happy.
    If you were including ST holders in the ‘vast majority’, your argument would have been wrong imho. Lots of supporters buy a ST even although they know that they won’t make even 80% of games. In fact, almost 10k have done it this year.

Like it or not, the fact is that ST holders are the ‘premier’ tier of attendees (leaving aside hospitality, who are the real premier). Attendees who don’t commit financially up front for whatever reason are important to the club, just not as important.

I appreciate that there are lots of reasons for not buying a ticket and lots of supporters contribute in other ways btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    I would imagine that Hibs have a limit set on the number of STs available (90% of home capacity?).

Why not apply the same ratio to restricted attendances, ie. 90% STs & 10% walk-ups.

STs are important but walk ups bring in vital cash throughout the season.
    Why would they piss off someone who has paid £400+ so someone can potentially pay £25?

Do we do the same for the next game at Tynie or Hampden? ST's get 90% but keep 10% back for any old random?

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    If you were including ST holders in the ‘vast majority’, your argument would have been wrong imho. Lots of supporters buy a ST even although they know that they won’t make even 80% of games. In fact, almost 10k have done it this year.
    This definitely wasn't the case up until I left Edinburgh 16 years ago.

Like it or not, the fact is that ST holders are the ‘premier’ tier of attendees (leaving aside hospitality, who are the real premier). Attendees who don’t commit financially up front for whatever reason are important to the club, just not as important.

I appreciate that there are lots of reasons for not buying a ticket and lots of supporters contribute in other ways btw.
    I agree with what your saying. The only point I'm making is that it's impossible to please everyone.

I was all set to renew my ST this week but sadly I was made redundant on Tuesday so just cannot fork out for a ST at this time as not going to be easy finding another job in current climate. I would however be willing to pay 20 to 25 quid to watch a live stream for time being

ST holders should always get a layer of priority above non ST holders when demand will or is likely to outstrip supply, and I say that as a non ST holder.

Imagine you paid for a Ryanair flight well in advance and it's now fully booked.

Ryanair then phones you up the day before you're due to fly and says...

"We realise you've paid for your seats a few months back but some of our regular customers got in touch with us yesterday and said they now want to fly.

So we're taking their money, giving them your seats... and you're not getting any money back.

You have to remember, we appreciate the loyalty of our customers.

Have a nice day."

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    Imagine you paid for a Ryanair flight well in advance and it's now fully booked.

"We realise you've paid for your seats a few months back but some of our regular customers got in touch with us yesterday and said they now want to fly.

So we're taking their money, giving them your seats... and you're not getting any money back.

Have a nice day."
    I can actually see Ryanair doing something like that.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    [QUOTE=Peevemor;6224777]This definitely wasn't the case up until I left Edinburgh 16 years ago.

That would only ‘definitely‘ be the case for you or your experience. Plenty buy season tickets each year knowing they are not making 100% of the games and that goes a lot further back than 16 years.

Nice sentiment from the OP by the way but it would start a “loyalty points” type war our that our ticket office, it’s admin and our PR department could never hope to cope with.

Quote Originally Posted by InchHibby View Post
    I have purchased a Season ticket as I have done for many a year, but I understand that we all can’t do this for several reasons.
    If, say, when fans are allowed to return, I would like a percentage of those fans to be non season ticket holders. If say for example we were allowed 7000 in to begin with, 2000 of these places should go to non season ticket holders. The circumstances at present are unfortunate for all of us and those that simply aren’t in a position to lay out a large sum of money all at once, should not miss out. This of course would also generate much needed additional income to our club which I’m sure would be much appreciated.
    No chance. If numbers are limited STs come first. There must be a clear benefit for buying them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    I can actually see Ryanair doing something like that.

Actually, it wouldn't surprise me either

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    We need every fan we can get

The key points are.
    Hibs are limited to just under 13,000 streaming codes (by sky)
    10,200 season ticket holders will get one each, even when there are multiple holders per household (again, what sky said)
    Hibs will have 2,800 remaining codes and likely 10,000 or so people looking for them. Given the fact that season ticket holders have paid £25-30 per game for a code, I'd imagine Hibs will pitch ppv at a similar rate and quite possibly sell about 2,500.
    When fans are allowed in, it'll be season ticket holders first. At current guidelines, it might be 50% ST holders one week, 50% the next. When this happens, Hibs will all of a sudden have an extra 5,000 streaming codes available. I would expect these might be sold for something more like £15-if sky allow streaming when some fans are back

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    We need every fan we can get
    Best practice is never to alienate the fans that we have.

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    You want to tell people who have bought a ticket for an event that they can’t come because you want to sell more tickets for the event? Any idea how crazy that sounds?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Airlines do it all the time. Folks dont show up.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    Best practice is never to alienate the fans that we have.
    Agreed, but I really hope people don't blame Hibs if they can't see games. The club's hands are tied to a degree

Quote Originally Posted by Juniper Greens View Post
    Agreed, but I really hope people don't blame Hibs if they can't see games. The club's hands are tied to a degree
    Their hands are tied to their ST holders and as far as home games go they’ll need to ensure they are looked after first. I’m sure they will.

Quote Originally Posted by O'Rourke3 View Post
    Airlines do it all the time. Folks dont show up.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Ever been denied your seat on the plane on that basis?

@hibs.net private member The Spaceman's Avatar
    Would rather those who have stepped forward to support the club in the most difficult circumstances are rewarded with access to any future games 100% of the time ahead of any walk up. That's why you buy a Season Ticket. If you don't buy a Season Ticket and you don't get to see the games for a while, I am afraid that was your choice.

Have a nice day."
    And I think if Ryan air turned round and said “thanks for paying £400 in flights. Unfortunately not all of your flights will take place, but please if you can afford to still pay us then please do we’d really appreciate it GGTTRA” The numbers taking up refunds would be a hell of a lot higher than 15%.

I feel the loyalty point debate coming on.
    Last edited by Bobby's Cinema; 03-07-2020 at 10:57 PM.

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Not a season ticket holder and while I appreciate the OP is making a suggestion to help those who couldn't afford a season ticket personally I wouldn't feel comfortable taking the place of someone who's bought one. It's the bedrock of our finances and we need to look after those that commit the cash upfront now more than ever. I empathise with anyone who missed out on a season ticket due to their financial situation but hopefully they're happy the club is in a strong position financially that it will be there when non season ticket holders are allowed back in.

I have every sympathy with the sentiment of the OP there has to be folk out there who are regular ST holders who through no fault of their own just can't commit to buying one just now. The same goes for folk who go to as many games as they can afford during the season but who cant afford a season ticket even with the payment plan, not forgetting folk who can't go to every game because of work or whatever. Nobody can dispute their loyalty to the club.

But the hard truth is that for Hibs, just like every other club, season ticket holders are their lifeblood, they practically have no option other than to put them first and if Murrayfield turns out not to be an option then there wont be anything like enough room we have for the 10,000 we have now with social distancing, never mind walk ups. In short, noble sentiment though it is, there is absolutely no chance that Hibs will bump ST holders to accommodate walk ups.

@hibs.net private member
    The club are never going to prioritise PATG over seaaon ticket holders, not a great business decision that. However, if season ticket holders cannot attend a reduced capacity game, or any game really, there needs to be a system in place where a season ticket holder can either gift, or better still, hand back the ticket to that game for Hibs to sell, to ensure that if any PATG supporters want to attend, they can. The thought of a reduced capacity, only for that reduced capacity being 'reduced' further due to no shows would pxxx me right off!.....and i'm a season ticket holder. If i can hand the ticket back to the club for a game, as I normally miss a few a season due to work/family, I'll do that.
    Last edited by hibee-boys; 04-07-2020 at 07:09 AM.

There is literally no chance of this happening. Zero. Nor should there be.

I've given this a little more thought and decided, after much deliberation, that it's up there as one of the most stupid ideas ever posted on DotNet (and there's been lots of competition).

Have a nice day."
    not a great example, airlines often oversell seats and folk get heaved off, happened to Dad and I, but I get your drift
    Last edited by The dalmeny; 04-07-2020 at 08:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hibee-boys View Post
    The club are never going to prioritise PATG over seaaon ticket holders, not a great business decision that. However, if season ticket holders cannot attend a reduced capacity game, or any game really, there needs to be a system in place where a season ticket holder can either gift, or better still, hand back the ticket to that game for Hibs to sell, to ensure that if any PATG supporters want to attend, they can. The thought of a reduced capacity, only for that reduced capacity being 'reduced' further due to no shows would pxxx me right off!.....and i'm a season ticket holder. If i can hand the ticket back to the club for a game, as I normally miss a few a season due to work/family, I'll do that.

Agree this would be the way forward, the only other option is to restrict the sales of ST so there will be space for individual tickets but as, financially, that’s not a great idea and there’s no idea what the initial capacity will be doubt it will happen
    Last edited by The dalmeny; 04-07-2020 at 08:16 AM.

Left by mutual consent!
    I'd love to see Easter Road full every game. To the stage we only give the Old Firm half the stand.