hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So far this season Grealish has created more chances than any other player in the league with the exception of Kevin Du Bruyne.

He has created 80 chances for his team mates, that's an incredible number playing for one of the leagues poorest sides in Villa.

He's also the most fouled player too, it goes to show what player in that team the opposition fears the most.

2. Log in to remove the advert

I don't think you can look too much into McGinn's form since his injury, it's kind of like rating a player who has not had a pre season after only a few games of the season.

I want Villa to stay up but I have to say they are absolutely honking defensively, and they don't tend to create much going forward either to be honest...

Their full backs in particular are very poor in my opinion, and their striker problems have been well documented already this season. It's between them and Watford for the final relegation place now that West Ham have dug out a win

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    So far this season Grealish has created more chances than any other player in the league with the exception of Kevin Du Bruyne.

He has created 80 chances for his team mates, that's an incredible number playing for one of the leagues poorest sides in Villa.
    It still doesn’t alter the fact that I’ve been underwhelmed whenever I have watched him. He’s never matched my expectations of him 😁
    Last edited by Scouse Hibee; 02-07-2020 at 06:42 PM.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee Mac View Post
    I don't think you can look too much into McGinn's form since his injury, it's kind of like rating a player who has not had a pre season after only a few games of the season.

I want Villa to stay up but I have to say they are absolutely honking defensively, and they don't tend to create much going forward either to be honest...

Their full backs in particular are very poor in my opinion, and their striker problems have been well documented already this season. It's between them and Watford for the final relegation place now that West Ham have dug out a win

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk
    I want them to stay up as well, had a soft spot for them ever since Des Bremner went down there from Hibs.

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Arsenal paid 72 million for Pepe last summer, they would pay for the right player. I doubt they would pay more than 30 million for Mcginn. In fact I don't think anyone would right now. He needs to get a good run and back to top form first. I think they are more likely to go for Ceballos permanently, though.
    I think Ceballos can show for Arsenal massively and typically of Arsenal signings or loans he needs a season to adjust to the EPL. McGinn would fit into the Arsenal side sweetly. And in relation to another thread Tierney looks outstanding - had troubles with injuries but played left back, left wingback and left midfield on his return and looked great, with Saka, Willock, Nketiah etc the young talent is great to see. Hopefully they can keep Aubameyang, and I am hopeful about what Saliba will offer when he comes back from loan.

Arteta could have a team on his hands. It’s been a while, Arsenal.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye View Post
    I think Ceballos can show for Arsenal massively and typically of Arsenal signings or loans he needs a season to adjust to the EPL. McGinn would fit into the Arsenal side sweetly. And in relation to another thread Tierney looks outstanding - had troubles with injuries but played left back, left wingback and left midfield on his return and looked great, with Saka, Willock, Nketiah etc the young talent is great to see. Hopefully they can keep Aubameyang, and I am hopeful about what Saliba will offer when he comes back from loan.

Yeah, I think the future is definitely bright for them. They are an easy target right now but there is some real quality there. Martinelli is one of the best young players in the world and could be a real star.

Aubameyang staying is important but securing all the young players and helping them reach thier potential is vital.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye View Post

They sold out to an owner who doesn’t really care about the team though. That snake Kia Joorabian also appears to be heavily involved. Neither bodes well.

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    They sold out to an owner who doesn’t really care about the team though. That snake Kia Joorabian also appears to be heavily involved. Neither bodes well.
    How exactly did they ''sell out''?

Same way Hibs fans couldn't do anything to stop Ron Gordon, Arsenal couldn't do anything about Kroenke. He wormed his way in and slowly took over.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    I’d like him for sentimental reasons, but being realistic he would probably want regular game time and he’s not reached the level yet that he could displace any of our midfield. If he’s willing to do an Andy Robertson and bide his time then fair enough but I don’t see it.

Would love to see him going to Liverpool, don't think the way he plays for Scotland would fit into the way Liverpool play though, he'd need to adapt his style