hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd happily see them go bust and dissspaer forever to be honest. In fact I'd love it. Hibs don't need them.
    After their recent behaviour - likewise.

But its really unlikely, given their ST numbers, FoH donators and James Anderson cash.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    After their recent behaviour - likewise.

But its really unlikely, given their ST numbers, FoH donators and James Anderson cash.
    If the markets tank the Benny's cash will dry up for Hearts as CapitalGreen reported in March when they crashed.

Just now markets are predicting a V shape recovery where it actually looks like being a Nike tick. So we are in for a big correction and the Benny cash will be gone. Hearts will struggle then.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FilipinoHibs View Post
    If the markets tank the Benny's cash will dry up for Hearts as CapitalGreen reported in March when they crashed.

Just now markets are predicting a V shape recovery where it actually looks like being a Nike tick. So we are in for a big correction and the Benny cash will be gone. Hearts will struggle then.

I believe we heard all this before James Anderson made his £3m donation. I think he’s doing ok.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar

Which markets?

You seem to take a very simplistic view of Bailie Gifford’s business.

I reckon James Anderson probably knows what he’s doing. He’s been doing it successfully for 40 years and negotiated plenty financial crisis in that time.

...or...

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Which markets?

You seem to take a very simplistic view of RBS’s business.

I reckon Fred Goodwin probably knows what he’s doing. He’s been doing it successfully for 40 years and negotiated plenty financial crisis in that time.

Quote Originally Posted by allezsauzee View Post
    I don't really get the delight that anyone would feel over any football club going into administration, whether it's Wigan or Hearts. The effects go way further than just the club itself getting docked a few points and being the object of ridicule. Plenty people who are trying to make a living that supply these clubs lose out.
    If you don’t get it there’s no point in me trying to explain it to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    ...or...
    Sorry not sure I get this one.

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    Sorry not sure I get this one.
    People say the same thing about any financier who is currently top of the pile. Hes just as likely to come unstuck as any of them. They are gambling on the markets, like Fred the Shred, a big shot who came unstuck but was said to be untouchable.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    People say the same thing about any financier who is currently top of the pile. Hes just as likely to come unstuck as any of them. They are gambling on the markets, like Fred the Shred, a big shot who came unstuck but was said to be untouchable.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk
    Goodwin wasn’t a fund manager though. He was an egotistical chief exec. I think Anderson’s record over a long period of time speaks for itself. I don’t see him as a Goodwin style fly-by-night. And I used to work for Goodwin.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    Goodwin wasn’t a fund manager though. He was an egotistical chief exec. I think Anderson’s record over a long period of time speaks for itself. I don’t see him as a Goodwin style fly-by-night. And I used to work for Goodwin.

Goodwin was the Icarus who flew too close to the sun.

The fact that few people had heard of James Anderson outside of his professional circle suggests he is a rather more sensible character.

Meh, in such economic crises, the rich get richer. Just look at the massive transfer of wealth to the richest couple percent that occurred post 2008 crash.

Testimonial Due
    Which markets?

You seem to take a very simplistic view of Bailie Gifford’s business.

I reckon James Anderson probably knows what he’s doing. He’s been doing it successfully for 40 years and negotiated plenty financial crisis in that time.
    Well when the markets were down 30% in March CapitalGreen reports that Benny was scaling back on his charity work and Hearts would lose out as they were not one of his top priorities. Since then stocks have rallied on the hope of a V shaped recovery particularly the tech sector that Benny is heavily invested in.

Baillie Gifford have a simple investment model: they are invested in equities. Do you not think their funds suffered sharp losses during the 2008 financial crisis, the bursting of the dot com bubble or the crash of 1987? Of course they did. Eventually, their funds recovered but what looks like the worst economic crisis since the 1930s depression will likely see another fall in all equities. As in March of this year, Benny, with probably a large part of his fortune invested in his funds, will scale back on his charity work. Interestingly, Budge who probably met Benny through her investment in his funds would be squeezed to. A double whammy for the Hearts

Well when the markets were down 30% in March CapitalGreen reports that Benny was scaling back on his charity work and Hearts would lose out as they were not one of his top priorities. Since then stocks have rallied on the hope of a V shaped recovery particularly the tech sector that Benny is heavily invested in.

Baillie Gifford have a simple investment model: they are invested in equities. Do you not think their funds suffered sharp losses during the 2008 financial crisis, the bursting of the dot com bubble or the crash of 1987? Of course they did. Eventually, their funds recovered but what looks like the worst economic crisis since the 1930s depression will likely see another fall in all equities. As in March of this year, Benny, with probably a large part of his fortune invested in his funds, will scale back on his charity work. Interestingly, Budge who probably met Benny through her investment in his funds would be squeezed to. A double whammy for the Hearts
    I think you are spending far too much time wondering about this and as others have said, they won't be going into admin any time soon.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMrSandiego View Post
    I think you are spending far too much time wondering about this and as others have said, they won't be going into admin any time soon.
    Yep, this thread is in danger of going the same way as the equivalent thread on Kickback. Although not to the same levels of bizarre twists on reality just yet.

Neither Hibs or Hearts will be going into admin. Tick tock or no tick tock.
    Last edited by The Modfather; 09-07-2020 at 07:05 AM.

If James Anderson has been as badly hit as your suggestion he's hardly likely to have handed over millions to the SPFL. Gee it a rest.

A club that overspent massively for decades, racking up huge debt, in doing so giving themselves an unfair sporting advantage and massive ego. Tried to wipe Hibs from the face of the earth because that ego was out of control, wiped away tens of millions owed to honest businesses and charities by going into administration. Now bleating and whining about unfairness and self interest, dragging three decent clubs to court and leaving them toiling for money. Nah not for me. Wouldn't miss them one bit. Rancid club that will never change.
    Last edited by Since452; 09-07-2020 at 07:08 AM.

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    I always live it hope that they will.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMrSandiego View Post
    Hearts claimed the were skint needed to cut all players wages. Needed to scale back , I'm sure she said players would need to go and the could not afford to bring others .
    A short time later they have paid compensation for new manager , signed Craig Gordon who if its to be believed is on 5k a week.
    So i don't think they are going bust anytime soon.
    I however would not believe one word coming out of budgies mouth, a bitter and twisted characheture.
    The club has become despised by a large section of football, she is doing a great job.
    Oh and when the lose the Arbitration there will be much Joy for every club outside of wee rangers and the Rangers .

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Wouldn't it be lovely if Benny Factor had invested all his money in Wirecard...

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenworld View Post
    Hearts claimed the were skint needed to cut all players wages. Needed to scale back , I'm sure she said players would need to go and the could not afford to bring others .
    A short time later they have paid compensation for new manager , signed Craig Gordon who if its to be believed is on 5k a week.
    So i don't think they are going bust anytime soon.
    I however would not believe one word coming out of budgies mouth, a bitter and twisted characheture.
    The club has become despised by a large section of football, she is doing a great job.
    Oh and when the lose the Arbitration there will be much Joy for every club outside of wee rangers and the Rangers .

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
    Rangers will want them to lose arbitration as personally don't think they will have voted for the last reconstruction and will want league to start on 1st August.

It's a pity JA isn't a hibby

Teams generally go into administration after borrowing lots of money to fund wages and running costs and are unable to sustain the repayments and interest.

Hearts have not been borrowing money (other than from themselves!) because no-one will lend them anything.

Blindingly obvious.

First Team Breakthrough
    I may be wrong but have they not just built a corribunkle of a "stand" and how exactly did they pay for it. I would hazard a guess there is still at least half of the 15 million still to settle up on.Add to that massive losses because of the wages they are paying out Another administration beccons I imagine and another few hundred businesses will be out pocket again. Unspeakable desperate Club.

Quote Originally Posted by swordin3 View Post
    I may be wrong but have they not just built a corribunkle of a "stand" and how exactly did they pay for it. I would hazard a guess there is still at least half of the 15 million still to settle up on.Add to that massive losses because of the wages they are paying out Another administration beccons I imagine and another few hundred businesses will be out pocket again. Unspeakable desperate Club.

They've actually redirected massive amounts of the FoH money to help pay for the new stand.

They've relied largely on those donations, plus money from their Benny Factors, to outspend other clubs on players and an endless stream of managers.

They p1ssed a lot of money up against the wall but they're not massively in debt to anybody.

Testimonial Due
    Starting to look ropey for the Benny factor as tech sticks start to lose their gloss20200716_171830.jpg.

Starting to look ropey for the Benny factor as tech sticks start to lose their gloss20200716_171830.jpg.

I really hope he invested heavily in Wirecard.

reigning hibs.net poker champion Wembley67's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Happyhibs62

I forgot all the eggs are in one basket
    "You opened the box....and your soul belongs to me...."

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    You should maybe have a look at the funds Baillie Gifford run.

There’s fixed interest, multi asset, absolute returns etc etc.

Your simplified take on things means nothing to what is going on at Hearts.

As an aside, they’re the biggest shareholders of Tesla after Elon Musk... doing not too bad the now!

You should maybe have a look at the funds Baillie Gifford run.

There’s fixed interest, multi asset, absolute returns etc etc.

Your simplified take on things means nothing to what is going on at Hearts.

As an aside, they’re the biggest shareholders of Tesla after Elon Musk... doing not too bad the now!
    I had no idea about their holding in Tesla. They must be worth zillions.

Congratulations on your 4000th post and thanks again for that ticket you got me about 10 years ago.

@hibs.net private member
    If the markets crash to such an extent that Ballie Gifford suffer then so will all of us through our pensions fund’s investments