hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is nonsense, along the same lines as Alex Miller not being accepted by the Hibs support because he played for the huns.
    It's not nonsense in the slightest. Are you seriously saying you're oblivious to the fact of the amount of flack he's taken off football fans for the way he speaks? And are you really saying it didn't rub off on a section of our support when the going got tough? It's an easy thing to pin point and make an agenda around.

I stand by my point, his accent definitely played(s) a big big part in the lack of respect from football fans at large.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by California-Hibs View Post
    It's not nonsense in the slightest. Are you seriously saying you're oblivious to the fact of the amount of flack he's taken off football fans for the way he speaks? And are you really saying it didn't rub off on a section of our support when the going got tough? It's an easy thing to pin point and make an agenda around.

I stand by my point, his accent definitely played(s) a big big part in the lack of respect from football fans at large.
    Don't agree with that at all. His accent has nothing to do with how he is viewed in the game.

Infact, the only time I've ever heard that before is when you said it.

As someone with a thick working class Edinburgh accent myself , like a good proportion of our support, it genuinely hadn't even been a consideration previously. I actually find it a rather odd thing to say in all honesty.
    Last edited by Since90+2; Today at 05:09 AM.

@hibs.net private member
    Blog Entries

I agree with that. There is definitely a ďyogi is thick / old schoolĒ tone in the way some people talk about him. The same happens with Derek Ferguson. Because of their less that perfect grammar, people judge them differently than others. I like to listen to both of them. Love their passion for the game..and despite his persona, Yogi is well known as a student of modern thinking in football. Often misunderstood by those who donít know his approaches. A lot of Hibs fans know him a bit more and have a more nuanced view, but the general point is spot on..there is definitely perceptions created because of the way he speaks..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Unfortunately you're correct

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Iím with you on this and I donít think itís just fans. He doesnít sound very clever which i think may influence board members.

Ií d like to qualify this by saying I do think heís quite bright.

@hibs.net private member Peevemor's Avatar
    Football supporters & chairmen don't care how you speak.

Results & league placings count.

If Yogi is currently unemployed it's not down to how he speaks (although maybe, in part, to what he says).

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Football supporters & chairmen don't care how you speak.

Results & league placings count.

If Yogi is currently unemployed it's not down to how he speaks (although maybe, in part, to what he says).
    They don't care until you start losing. Then anything is fair game.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

What a rollercoaster season 2009/10 was under him. Think we were second in the league at Christmas before playing Rangers on 27th. There was a segment on us during Football Focus, with Martin Keown talking about how we had done so well and how it would be good for us to split the Old Firm. It was at that point that I thought uh oh, this is usually when things go Pete Tong! We then went on to lose most of our remaining games that season apart from beating Celtic at Parkhead and drawing 6-6 with Motherwell.

Never a dull moment with Yogi about and normally a few booboos along the way too.