hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar

Hibs Monthly/ Mass Hibsteria-

I've been sorting out my vast collection of comics etc and realised I had around 65 Hibs Monthlies. Been enjoying reading them, they certainly stirred lots of memories. Lots of different views, good humoured and irreverent. I didn't realise it was around as long as it was, from at least 1987-2002? I also found a few others, Glasgow Gossip etc and a good number of the Absolute Game, always a good read.

There must be a fair few guys on here who contributed to the Hibs monthly.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've been sorting out my vast collection of comics etc and realised I had around 65 Hibs Monthlies. Been enjoying reading them, they certainly stirred lots of memories. Lots of different views, good humoured and irreverent. I didn't realise it was around as long as it was, from at least 1987-2002? I also found a few others, Glasgow Gossip etc and a good number of the Absolute Game, always a good read.

There must be a fair few guys on here who contributed to the Hibs monthly.
    Myself and Col L of this parish started Hibs Monthly at school in 1987. It would be fair to say that Col deserves the credit for driving it forward to become the Mass Hibsteria success story! A few other well kent .netters contributed and also went on to take over as editors/ assistant editors over time (Jonnyboy and MB62 are two of them).

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SideBurns View Post
    Myself and Col L of this parish started Hibs Monthly at school in 1987. It would be fair to say that Col deserves the credit for driving it forward to become the Mass Hibsteria success story! A few other well kent .netters contributed and also went on to take over as editors/ assistant editors over time (Jonnyboy and MB62 are two of them).
    I’m sure I’ve got a few copies in my attic
    Use to love buying my copy, from a long haired lad outside the FF, or whatever it was called back then

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    I’m sure I’ve got a few copies in my attic
    Use to love buying my copy, from a long haired lad outside the FF, or whatever it was called back then
    Aye, at the height of its popularity there were quite a few sellers around the stadium. Had a funny relationship with the club, which didn't always appreciate the criticism when it came!!

Inconsequential
    Left by mutual consent!
    I still have loads of copies somewhere in the house both hm and mh. I was a mail order customer as I'm based in Oban. Each copy eagerly awaited like an young kid. Still something great about receiving proper mail as opposed to email. Forums are a poor substitute in my opinion.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    I don't think I missed a copy of any Hibs fanzine.

Along with my programmes, I gave them all to the programme shop on Albion Road when I moved across here.

Loadaepish!