hibs.net Messageboard

Pre-Season Friendlies

Anyone know what the plans are for pre-season friendlies, if any.

Given the financial challenges, I'm not expecting that we'll have a trip planned; nor will fans be allowed to attend the game to watch. But I'm assuming that we'll play some local teams, maybe at Easter Road. Think I heard that some of the English teams played four quarters of 30 minutes each prior to the re-start of the English leagues.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Given the financial challenges, I'm not expecting that we'll have a trip planned; nor will fans be allowed to attend the game to watch. But I'm assuming that we'll play some local teams, maybe at Easter Road. Think I heard that some of the English teams played four quarters of 30 minutes each prior to the re-start of the English leagues.

Further complicated by only the SPFL playing. Maybe 6 games against livi? Or should we find a less aggressive team to practice on?

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Presume there will be some League Cup games? Not sure what’s happening with the LC.

J

Left by mutual consent!

There are no pre-season friendlies planned for Scottish teams.

@hibs.net private member G15 Hibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristolhibby View Post
    Presume there will be some League Cup games? Not sure what’s happening with the LC.

J
    There's been talk elsewhere that the League Cup is planned to start in October.

Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    Celtic in France?

https://twitter.com/AlisonGConroy/status/1276497244125102081?s=19

Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    Not true.
    Celtic are off to France.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristolhibby View Post

J
    Starts October 7th.

When do the lower league clubs like East Fife, Dunfermline and Hearts return to training? Doesn't leave much scope for friendlies
    Last edited by Since452; 26-06-2020 at 07:59 PM.

You sometime have to wonder if planets are occipied by people experiencing parallel universes.😉

Something might get arranged once the fixture list is out.

We could look to see who we play near the end of the first round of fixtures and arrange a game with one of them.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    You sometime have to wonder if planets are occipied by people experiencing parallel universes.😉
    Sorry, you've lost me! Explain!

Nathan Ring, Hibs head of sports science said that they were looking for two weeks of friendlies.

Link to his interview on the official website.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10653

Usual problem with links on phones, apologies in advance.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    Something of an arsey response when the official link on post #13 is noted don’t you think Prof?

@hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Juniper Greens View Post
    Further complicated by only the SPFL playing. Maybe 6 games against livi? Or should we find a less aggressive team to practice on?
    Could make it a best of 7, a bit like the Stanley Cup in ice hockey

100% there will be friendly games but due to costs and to minimise the risks of catching the virus they are likely to be held locally against other premier league teams. A bit like they did in England ahead of the restart.
    Given the championship isn’t due to start until Oct, I doubt we’ll see a league cup played before then. I maybe wrong but can’t see how that will work due to costs of testing.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    hopefully manage a bounce game against a lower league team like dundee/dunfy/heartz

A couple of northern end non league clubs in the National League are facing play offs and, if they go ahead, a few in the National League North.
    Harrogate Town, York City, Gateshead, Halifax Town, none of them a million miles away.
    It would be a shame for Halifax Hibby though if we gave them a game and no one could attend!

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    A couple of northern end non league clubs in the National League are facing play offs and, if they go ahead, a few in the National League North.
    Harrogate Town, York City, Gateshead, Halifax Town, none of them a million miles away.
    It would be a shame for Halifax Hibby though if we gave them a game and no one could attend!
    I managed to get into the closed doors youth Hibs game at Huddersfield so don't rule it out. :-)
    Cougars!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HH81 View Post
    I managed to get into the closed doors youth Hibs game at Huddersfield so don't rule it out. :-)
    Match updates, as always, would be welcome.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by SingaporeHibs View Post
    100% there will be friendly games but due to costs and to minimise the risks of catching the virus they are likely to be held locally against other premier league teams. A bit like they did in England ahead of the restart.
    Given the championship isn’t due to start until Oct, I doubt we’ll see a league cup played before then. I maybe wrong but can’t see how that will work due to costs of testing.
    Ross County are letting their community use their own testing kits/stations. If Hibs do likewise then we can let the likes of Berwick or whoever use it too. If it gets games on then I don't see the problem with that.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk