hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    As someone not planning on renewing I was hoping for more on pay-as-you-go options. But understandably I suppose it is more important than ever for the club to try and push the added value of being a STH and how things may look is still unclear. Look forward to more Info

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I’m not sure anyone could claim they bought a season ticket for 2020/21 with the expectation of attending 19 home games in person. These have been sold by the club and bought by fans in the knowledge that some games will be behind closed doors. This is reflected in the fact that we have currently sold 3000 less tickets than this point last season.

Yep, I'm surprised that anybody is now even thinking that's an issue.

If there are any Season Ticket holders that feel they have a right to a refund, or credit, for any games missed, then I'd suggest that the best option for them would be to just cancel their Season Ticket.

Then the rest of us can just quietly help our club survive and accept that we're making a sacrifice to do so.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HIbs2 View Post
    As someone not planning on renewing I was hoping for more on pay-as-you-go options. But understandably I suppose it is more important than ever for the club to try and push the added value of being a STH and how things may look is still unclear. Look forward to more Info
    I think I read when the agreement with Sky was made that virtual tickets available are capped at the amount of season tickets a club sold for season 2019/20. Therefore, it is correct that the only way to guarantee access is through a season ticket.

@hibs.net private member
    If I remember correctly the reported conditions put by Sky in agreeing that clubs can broadcast to fans was that it would be restricted to ST holders only. I may have that wrong but that’s my memory of the early press coverage

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    I think I read when the agreement with Sky was made that virtual tickets available are capped at the amount of season tickets a club sold for season 2019/20. Therefore, it is correct that the only way to guarantee access is through a season ticket.
    I don’t think it can be the case that it’s a closed shop and if you don’t have £400 you can’t watch your team. Maybe KP can or has advised on what non- ST holders may expect? Again understand the message from the club right now is to highlight the benefit of the ST.

@hibs.net private member
    I don’t think it can be the case that it’s a closed shop and if you don’t have £400 you can’t watch your team. Maybe KP can or has advised on what non- ST holders may expect? Again understand the message from the club right now is to highlight the benefit of the ST.
    You may be right but my reading of it is ST holders only for live coverage. However, I imagine it will be business as usual where Hibs TV subscribers will be able to see the whole game from midnight on the day of the match. I wonder how “Open all mics” will perform with all this? A poor offering in place of seeing it live

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Should keep in mind that your season ticket doesn't just pay for watching the games, it also goes towards having a team to watch.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Is it not the case that the arrangement with Broadcasters was primarily with club ST holders and the option for pay per view was not a guarantee at this time?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    Is it not the case that the arrangement with Broadcasters was primarily with club ST holders and the option for pay per view was not a guarantee at this time?
    I believe so.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

I think that's poor that non season ticket holders cant get to watch games, don't the club want the money or is it an issue somewhere else?

Sky said the number allowed access to the live games is capped at the higher of last year's season tickets and next year's season tickets. The club can't announce how many ppv slots might be available until they know how many season tickets have been sold. Having bought a season ticket, I will be disappointed if it's below £30 per game

[/I]
    Quote Originally Posted by hibeenicol View Post
    I think it's definitely something hibs should be looking at. Credit towards 21/22 would be the best solution.
    I've purchased 3 season tickets 2 adults and a kids from the same household.

£800 for a TV package is a bit steep
    Agreed. Hibs need to be mindful of the overall value to ST holders. Remember, non-ST holders will also get to see the games through their ST holding pals, with no cost or investment in Hibs. IMO Hibs need to come up with a minimum no of in-person games , otherwise credit for next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Tambo View Post
    I think that's poor that non season ticket holders cant get to watch games, don't the club want the money or is it an issue somewhere else?
    The issue is with Sky. And tbh I can see their point. They are devaluing their sky sports offering by doing this, so seems like a fair compromise that they have come to

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    [/I]

Agreed. Hibs need to be mindful of the overall value to ST holders. Remember, non-ST holders will also get to see the games through their ST holding pals, with no cost or investment in Hibs. IMO Hibs need to come up with a minimum no of in-person games , otherwise credit for next season.
    My personal opinion disagrees with this. I don't want the club running up large IOUs of games to fans. At the end of the day, it'll be money out of the club. I don't think anyone can claim that they are buying a season ticket blind to the risk that the might see none of the games in person.

Quote Originally Posted by Juniper Greens View Post
    Sky said the number allowed access to the live games is capped at the higher of last year's season tickets and next year's season tickets. The club can't announce how many ppv slots might be available until they know how many season tickets have been sold. Having bought a season ticket, I will be disappointed if it's below £30 per game
    I don’t think payg fans can reasonably be expected to pay £30+ for an online stream (what quality can be expected?) run of the mill league game.

I don’t think fans can reasonably be expected to pay £30+ for an online stream (what quality can be expected?) run of the mill league game.
    But that's what season ticket holders have done?

Quote Originally Posted by Juniper Greens View Post
    But that's what season ticket holders have done?
    Well, you’ve got me there mate.

Difficult to equate this one, but £30+ just ain’t going to happen.

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalianwanda View Post
    Ireland is no mans land...Too far away to justify a season ticket but not able to sign up for Hibs TV Overseas as we dont count as overseas
    Ditto the West Country of England.

Pretty crap. Guess we have Sky and BT Contracts to thank for that and their “exclusive” coverage.

Dodgy stream it is (of which there will be plenty).

J

Can I just offer a solution (perhaps on the PM board) of “renting” me a login for the duration of lockdown.

It will work if there are families with multiple logins. (Say Mum, Dad and three kids) that will be 5 streams with only one required for the family. 4 going spare.

I will cover some of the cost of a ST in exchange for access to the live games. £50 quid for a login for the duration.

Like I said may want to keep this on the PM board to ensure legitimacy of fans (as much as you can).

Perhaps if people feel that it’s doing Hibs a disservice, maybe only offer it to ExPats.

Just a thought.

J

Edit - just another thought. Hibs May be able to organise this. £25 to the kid from the renter, £25 to Hibs. Once the tickets are sold Hibs have their “allocation” of feeds.
    Last edited by Bristolhibby; 26-06-2020 at 02:05 PM.

Surprised Hibs aren’t yet looking at bundle Hibs TV deals to get some extra cash in. Obviously ST holders deserve all the perks but they’d surely get extra cash in through bundle deals for supporters who - for whatever reason - cannot purchase or renew ST

I don’t think payg fans can reasonably be expected to pay £30+ for an online stream (what quality can be expected?) run of the mill league game.
    No way people will pay 30 bar for an online stream.

J

Hamilton are doing "PATG" for their virtual coverage. £10 a game. Whats happening with away games?

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    As someone who has renewed their ST - knowing that it is, in effect, a donation to keep Hibs going - then being blunt, I dont really care what they charge "walkups" for an online stream.

My guess is it would be broadly in line with Hibs TV costs and if thats less than I paid, cest la vie.

That might not be popular among all fans - indeed renewing made no sense for me, as I am self emp and my income is way down - but any expectation that Hibs will give us some money back against next season is crazy - if we do that, then our budget is hit again.............and we will pay for it on the field of play.

I have IPTV, and could have watched all Hibs matches free, but I want Hibs to survive this, indeed I want us to come out stronger if possible.

And for that to happen, we need to be paying full priced STs for 21/22 if we want to compete.

Quote Originally Posted by JennaFletcher View Post
    Surprised Hibs aren’t yet looking at bundle Hibs TV deals to get some extra cash in. Obviously ST holders deserve all the perks but they’d surely get extra cash in through bundle deals for supporters who - for whatever reason - cannot purchase or renew ST
    Think the problem is Sky are capping live games for ST holders only.

Whereas my mate who is a Middlesbrough fan watched his team last week for a tenner through Boro’s TV. Sky seem OK for this to happen in England but not Scotland.

FWIW he wished he had met as Boro got horsed 3-0!

J

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    Hamilton are doing "PATG" for their virtual coverage. £10 a game. Whats happening with away games?
    How come we can’t do that? I thought Sky were capping the numbers.

J

Quote Originally Posted by Bristolhibby View Post
    Can I just offer a solution (perhaps on the PM board) of “renting” me a login for the duration of lockdown.

It will work if there are families with multiple logins. (Say Mum, Dad and three kids) that will be 5 streams with only one required for the family. 4 going spare.

I will cover some of the cost of a ST in exchange for access to the live games. £50 quid for a login for the duration.

Like I said may want to keep this on the PM board to ensure legitimacy of fans (as much as you can).

Perhaps if people feel that it’s doing Hibs a disservice, maybe only offer it to ExPats.

Just a thought.

J

Edit - just another thought. Hibs May be able to organise this. £25 to the kid from the renter, £25 to Hibs. Once the tickets are sold Hibs have their “allocation” of feeds.
    We are a family of 4 with 4 logins we don't need 4 streams. Not sure id want to hand over my client reference etc. I think this would be something hibs would need to facilitate. I

J

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dai...e-22201495.amp

Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    We are a family of 4 with 4 logins we don't need 4 streams. Not sure id want to hand over my client reference etc. I think this would be something hibs would need to facilitate. I
    Yea, I know.

Why I suggested the PM Board. Just to give some providence. I get that people don’t know me from Adam.

Annoyingly all my friends and family who are ST holders are single or if they go in a group it’s Grandad, Uncle and other Nephew. All from three different households.

Like I said earlier, there will be rafts of hookey streams. Would be an idea that people with multiple STs in a house could “donate” logins for Hibs. To be sold to Fans who clearly cannot buy a ST. (I do class me as an English based Hibs fan in that bracket). Would gladly pay money direct to Hibs for this. No chance that I’m going to dent their ST sales.

J
    Last edited by Bristolhibby; 26-06-2020 at 02:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    Fair play.

J

J
    I think because they aren't selling season tickets, they will still have all 2,000 (or whatever their usual season tickets sell at) streams available to use. When that's full, they can't sell any more. So it will still be first come first served