hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    @hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    I have no idea how many Hamilton ST holders they had last year, but the agreement seems to be that online subscribers for live games on Sky are limited to the number of season ticket holders in season 19/20.

The rest of the games aren't capped and will be available to ppv on their £10 a pop deal.

Presumably this will make it tricky for Rangers / Celtic matches where the ppv numbers will be quite limited?

As that is an away match, I will just watch on IPTV anyway

2. Log in to remove the advert

When I renewed a few months ago Hibs implied all fans would get something special for committing early. I thought fans would get allocated training centre visits, tours, meet the players forums and prize draws.
    Now it seems it’s Hibs TV and some prize draws.
    I honestly think they could do more for the loyalty shown by Hibs fans...even a free Hibs lockdown t-shirt or Clubstore voucher.

Quote Originally Posted by Bristolhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can I just offer a solution (perhaps on the PM board) of “renting” me a login for the duration of lockdown.

It will work if there are families with multiple logins. (Say Mum, Dad and three kids) that will be 5 streams with only one required for the family. 4 going spare.

I will cover some of the cost of a ST in exchange for access to the live games. £50 quid for a login for the duration.

Like I said may want to keep this on the PM board to ensure legitimacy of fans (as much as you can).

Perhaps if people feel that it’s doing Hibs a disservice, maybe only offer it to ExPats.

Just a thought.

J

Edit - just another thought. Hibs May be able to organise this. £25 to the kid from the renter, £25 to Hibs. Once the tickets are sold Hibs have their “allocation” of feeds.
    How would that work if the number of PPV subscribers is limited to sat 12,000 (ST holders 29/20)? Theoretically there might be 15,000+ trying to log on.

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    Hamilton are doing "PATG" for their virtual coverage. £10 a game. Whats happening with away games?
    Hamilton aren't selling season tickets.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HIbs2 View Post
    I don’t think it can be the case that it’s a closed shop and if you don’t have £400 you can’t watch your team. Maybe KP can or has advised on what non- ST holders may expect? Again understand the message from the club right now is to highlight the benefit of the ST.
    It’s actually not that different to how season tickets work normally Having a season ticket is the only way to guarantee being able to see the match. If you don’t have a season ticket you can try and purchase an individual match day ticket but if demand exceeds supply then you may miss out.

Tickets will be capped at 12,800 based on last years figures. Therefore if we remove the 9,000 season tickets sold for this year there would be less than 4,000 passes available to non-season ticket holders on a match by match basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Sioux View Post
    How would that work if the number of PPV subscribers is limited to sat 12,000 (ST holders 29/20)? Theoretically there might be 15,000+ trying to log on.
    I'm not sure if the OP is saying that say we have 9k ticket holder and maybe 2k of these were family tickets where the family were all in the same house, they woukd normally all go to the game together. Now although buying multiple tickets they only require 1 log in. Could Hibs facilitate selling the tickets to non season ticket holders as a 1 off or block of games. Some users may allow hibs to sell the ticket as additional revenue to the club?

I may be off track here so apologies

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    I'm not sure if the OP is saying that say we have 9k ticket holder and maybe 2k of these were family tickets where the family were all in the same house, they woukd normally all go to the game together. Now although buying multiple tickets they only require 1 log in. Could Hibs facilitate selling the tickets to non season ticket holders as a 1 off or block of games. Some users may allow hibs to sell the ticket as additional revenue to the club?

I may be off track here so apologies
    If season ticket holders are each given a unique code per game then I suppose they could do a secondary market similar to what’s done when we have a derby sell out.

'S' Form
    For the last couple of years I have had to work every Saturday but it hasn't stopped me having a season ticket and getting along on a Sunday or midweek match when I can. With the prospect of still not going to a match on a saturday and watching a live screening of the match has there been anything mentioned that the match will be available to watch on some sort of catch up and people like myself could watch the match in the evening after work.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by gazelle View Post
    For the last couple of years I have had to work every Saturday but it hasn't stopped me having a season ticket and getting along on a Sunday or midweek match when I can. With the prospect of still not going to a match on a saturday and watching a live screening of the match has there been anything mentioned that the match will be available to watch on some sort of catch up and people like myself could watch the match in the evening after work.
    Season ticket holders are also given access to Hibs TV. They show full match replays on their. So you'll be covered.

Quote Originally Posted by Juniper Greens View Post
    The issue is with Sky. And tbh I can see their point. They are devaluing their sky sports offering by doing this, so seems like a fair compromise that they have come to
    Ok thanks, I can understand the games that are actually on sky but for the ones that aint could help clubs with revenue but I guess also thinking that most likely every live game sky will put on will probably involve one of the old firm.

Quote Originally Posted by Still Smiling View Post
    When I renewed a few months ago Hibs implied all fans would get something special for committing early. I thought fans would get allocated training centre visits, tours, meet the players forums and prize draws.
    Now it seems it’s Hibs TV and some prize draws.
    I honestly think they could do more for the loyalty shown by Hibs fans...even a free Hibs lockdown t-shirt or Clubstore voucher.
    Hibs are offering various incentives over and above the games. The bit in bold is what you're expecting.

All Hibernian season ticket holders for season 2020/21 shall:

- Be the only supporters with guaranteed access to live coverage of all Hibernian FC home games.

- Until normal capacity is restored at Easter Road, season ticket holders will have free access to Hibs TV.

- Receive a free digital matchday programme via email.

- Have first viewing access of all non-matchday related Hibs TV content.

- Receive exclusive content quarterly.

- Benefit from season ticket holder-only partner promotions and discounts.

- Enjoy free entry into monthly competitions to win Hibernian prizes, ranging from signed memorabilia, access to training sessions and meet and greets with players and staff.

- Have the opportunity to help shape future matchday experiences, taking part in season ticket-holder only surveys.

- Be the first supporters into Easter Road on matchdays as soon as it is safe to do so.

- Have secured their seat for season 2020/21 and have first option for renewal for season 2021/22.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    We are a family of 4 with 4 logins we don't need 4 streams. Not sure id want to hand over my client reference etc. I think this would be something hibs would need to facilitate. I
    Was there not also a suggestion that kids’ season tickets wouldn’t get the benefit of a TV login, or am I making that up?

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Should keep in mind that your season ticket doesn't just pay for watching the games, it also goes towards having a team to watch.

EK-HIBEE
    Left by mutual consent!
    It’s not ideal. But our club cares. It needs our support but it cares. We back it! If things don’t go right and there’s no games this year for fans I want free access to a good few games next year but for now we support the Club.

Is this true?
    Attached Images Attached Images

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Is this true?
    Makes sense if SKY are to protect their own investment.

Won’t affect me but ST holders without SKY will miss out.
    Last edited by Scouse Hibee; 29-06-2020 at 04:49 PM.

Is this true?

If it is, it will mean Season Tickets Holders won't get the chance to watch any home games against Celtc or The Rangers if they don't have a Sky subscription.

Is this true?
    Quote probably I thought I read something similar before.
    Remember we wouldn't be able to stream any games without sky's say so.

Someone I see has asked the question on Hibs official twitter and they've ignored it but answered someone below on another point...

Is this true?
    ‘ - Be the only supporters with guaranteed access to live coverage of all Hibernian FC home games’

Unless hibs and other clubs are mis-selling their overall package then this won’t be the case.

Is this true?
    It can't be as it contradicts Hibs' statement;

- Be the only supporters with guaranteed access to live coverage of all Hibernian FC home games.

If what you've posted is true then you don't have "guaranteed access to live coverage of all Hibernian FC home games" if you're required to have a Sky subscription to watch some of the games.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    It can't be as it contradicts Hibs' statement;

If what you've posted is true then you don't have "guaranteed access to live coverage of all Hibernian FC home games" if you're required to have a Sky subscription to watch some of the games.

Did it also say... "Terms and Conditions apply"?

@hibs.net private member KennyMillar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    Someone I see has asked the question on Hibs official twitter and they've ignored it but answered someone below on another point...
    With the volume of questions we get across the social platforms it's easy to miss one. They've had a reply now.

Season ticket holders will be able to view all home games. There are still a few things that need to be ironed out, but that we can say.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    Did it also say... "Terms and Conditions apply"?
    I've just had a look at the season ticket T&Cs and there's no mention of fans needing to have Sky to watch certain matches.

Hibs are clearly selling season tickets on the basis that this will allow the holder to watch every home league game live on Hibs TV, whilst access to the stadium remains forbidden.

I don't believe that you will need Sky to watch some of the matches but if you will then it's false advertising from Hibs.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    I've just had a look at the season ticket T&Cs and there's no mention of fans needing to have Sky to watch certain matches.

Hibs are clearly selling season tickets on the basis that this will allow the holder to watch every home league game live on Hibs TV, whilst access to the stadium remains forbidden.

I don't believe that you will need Sky to watch some of the matches but if you will then it's false advertising from Hibs.
    Read above

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Read above
    Yes I saw it after I had posted.

It just confirms what I had basically said, there was no chance that Hibs would have issued such a categorical statement if there was some doubt over Sky's rights in the TV deal.

I know in England, season ticket holders have been given Now TV day passes for home games on tv.

@hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar
    Is this true?
    On the basis that Hibs TV has previously been able to use the Sky / BT feed for home games covered by those broadcasters then if this is true it likely marks an erosion of Hibs' broadcasting rights - which I find doubtful.

Quote Originally Posted by KennyMillar View Post
    With the volume of questions we get across the social platforms it's easy to miss one. They've had a reply now.

Season ticket holders will be able to view all home games. There are still a few things that need to be ironed out, but that we can say.
    Appreciate the reply and clarification thanks Kenny

Quote Originally Posted by KennyMillar View Post

Cheers