hibs.net Messageboard

Testimonial Due

Good Interview with LD in the EN

Last edited by FilipinoHibs; 25-06-2020 at 07:40 AM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Most important part of that for me is her confirming we’ll be signing players. I’ve always thought we would but I know quite a few didn’t.

“If we didn’t bring in players we would be entering the new season with one hand tied behind our back. So we need to try to improve the squad.”

There is 3 separate EEN interviews that shine good light on recent events and moving forward ✅

Other two in addition to the above (one posted on another thread).

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...cademy-2894558

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...y-fans-2894567
    Last edited by Power; 25-06-2020 at 08:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Most important part of that for me is her confirming we’ll be signing players. I’ve always thought we would but I know quite a few didn’t.

“If we didn’t bring in players we would be entering the new season with one hand tied behind our back. So we need to try to improve the squad.”
    Signing players may be just a matter of filling gaps. Get shot of the likes of Kamberi, free a wage and fill with cheap bods. This season is going to be weird and all about which clubs manage to downsize the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Signing players may be just a matter of filling gaps. Get shot of the likes of Kamberi, free a wage and fill with cheap bods. This season is going to be weird and all about which clubs manage to downsize the best.
    Aye, but last week I kept reading that we wouldn’t be signing anyone, even to fill the gaps. And you never know, we might actually manage to fill a gap with someone that actually wants to be here and contribute.

Players will also need to accept they aren’t going to get the same kind of money this season so you might actually get more for less as well.

I appreciate it is hard to get perspective when you don't see the actual interview and can only read the words whilst there is a lot of positives in there but also some concerns.

It looks like it will be difficult challenging times for a few years.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    aAye, but last week I kept reading that we wouldn’t be signing anyone, even to fill the gaps. And you never know, we might actually manage to fill a gap with someone that actually wants to be here and contribute.

Players will also need to accept they aren’t going to get the same kind of money this season so you might actually get more for less as well.

I don’t know where you were reading that, but that has never been the club’s position.

What Hibs did say is that we wouldn’t bring anyone in until the existing squad are back on full wages. Now, those wages may now be cut (and presumably any offers to new players will be lower than they would have been) but the principle remains the same.

LD and Ron sound like they are very much on the same page, but I think Ron is more comfortable about making some big decisions now to safe guard the club.

Making people redundant is a grim business and worse if they are people you’ve been working alongside for years. Ron is a bit more detached from that and maybe able to take a more objective - possibly more ruthless - view.

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    I don’t know where you were reading that, but that has never been the club’s position.

What Hibs did say is that we wouldn’t bring anyone in until the existing squad are back on full wages. Now, those wages may now be cut (and presumably any offers to new players will be lower than they would have been) but the principle remains the same.

LD and Ron sound like they are very much on the same page, but I think Ron is more comfortable about making some big decisions now to safe guard the club.

Making people redundant is a grim business and worse if they are people you’ve been working alongside for years. Ron is a bit more detached from that and maybe able to take a more objective - possibly more ruthless - view.
    I’m not suggesting it is/was the clubs position. I was referring to the reaction to the statement last week.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Power View Post
    There is 3 separate EEN interviews that shine good light on recent events and moving forward ✅

Other two in addition to the above (one posted on another thread).

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...cademy-2894558

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-season-ticket-holders-will-get-priority-over-away-fans-2894567
    You should also highlight the one in the Scottish Daily Mail, excellent, well seen the Hibs media team are back in business & on the front foot. Great PR blitz 👏

@hibs.net private member Gerard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    I appreciate it is hard to get perspective when you don't see the actual interview and can only read the words whilst there is a lot of positives in there but also some concerns.

It looks like it will be difficult challenging times for a few years.
    It was the best of time. It was the worst of times.

A Tale of Two Cities , Charles Dickens

There will be many players and backroom staff in many clubs losing their jobs due to the Financial crash of 2020.
    There is an opportunity to develop another 'Golden Generation' and give young players a chance to play first team football.
    Time will tell if this epoch will be the best or worst of times.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    It was the best of time. It was the worst of times.

A Tale of Two Cities , Charles Dickens

There will be many players and backroom staff in many clubs losing their jobs due to the Financial crash of 2020.
    There is an opportunity to develop another 'Golden Generation' and give young players a chance to play first team football.
    Time will tell if this epoch will be the best or worst of times.
    The golden generation of the mid noughties were already at the club. I don’t think there are any in the wings currently.