hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Back sooner than we think?

Given today’s announcement about the return of schools full time in August, this will be phase 4 of the route map.

Similarly in phase 4, mass gatherings are permitted again. Not suggesting we will all be back in August, but I wonder if reduced crowds will be allowed? Season ticket holders only with family groups sitting together??

In addition, all being well, September / October must be a realistic hope for a full return.

Well, for the premiership teams 😂 the season for Edinburgh’s other teams doesn’t start until October 😉

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member NorthNorfolkHFC's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: walton83
    I think there were some political agendas being played out in today’s announcement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    "Putting a damp spoon back in the bowl is the tea-drinking equivalent of sharing a needle!"

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthNorfolkHFC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think there were some political agendas being played out in today’s announcement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Called parent power or outraged 😵

Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    Called parent power outraged 😵
    Homeschooling, work plus more has been hard aye 😂

Blog Entries
    I really think that Boris with his 1 metre call, and other signs, might regret the premature return to some normality. I hope I’m wrong, but I can see us hitting a second wave and a return to panic stations. If he gets it wrong his bum’s out the window.

Maybe if the distance is down to one metre then the same will apply in football grounds which could make a huge difference to some clubs income. Mind you that might apply by December up here the rate thing are going !

Without this thread turning political I hope things are going quicker out of lockdown as we are ALL suffering from the current slow slow progress.

We will move back when its safer to do so. We arent far away.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    I really think that Boris with his 1 metre call, and other signs, might regret the premature return to some normality. I hope I’m wrong, but I can see us hitting a second wave and a return to panic stations. If he gets it wrong his bum’s out the window.
    We have had packed English beaches and big demos all over the country and as yet there is no sign of a second wave

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    It wont be, there´s so many folk that vote for them and add to that the pass the buck style of play their govt runs, his erse certainly wont be oot the windae, he should be called the Teflon man.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomo1916 View Post
    We have had packed English beaches and big demos all over the country and as yet there is no sign of a second wave
    Were all those folk on the beach facing the wrong way? How could they be on a beach and there was no sign of a second wave

Pretty sure the information from today is being severely misconstrued. Schools MIGHT be able to go back IF the gradual release of lockdown doesn't result in any re-lapses or spikes in cases. Speculation and no promises.

That's a massive difference to "today's announcement that schools will be back full time in August".

Not a dig at the OP by the way, as I think the issue is more to do with those releasing pointless messages like today which were always going to be misconstrued, rather than those misquoting it...

It can be a negative thing though for people to start wrongly getting their hopes up, we'll not be back to any sort of normality this side of Christmas if you ask me.

@hibs.net private member
    America are doing great coming out of their lockdown. (no' really)

Just cannae see how its not going to hit a similar trajectory in UK.

At one point in the very recent past , the UK had almost 50% of the deaths of the US, with around a 5th/6th of the population.

We will all get back to watching the cabbage, but it would be a bit radge to go balls deep, then realise we are going to have to go through it all again!

Saying that, Im desperate for it to done with!

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Nevermind football, the pubs are open here on the 4th of July.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibee Mac View Post
    Pretty sure the information from today is being severely misconstrued. Schools MIGHT be able to go back IF the gradual release of lockdown doesn't result in any re-lapses or spikes in cases. Speculation and no promises.

That's a massive difference to "today's announcement that schools will be back full time in August".

Not a dig at the OP by the way, as I think the issue is more to do with those releasing pointless messages like today which were always going to be misconstrued, rather than those misquoting it...

It can be a negative thing though for people to start wrongly getting their hopes up, we'll not be back to any sort of normality this side of Christmas if you ask me.
    It wasn’t really. The announcement today was a massive change from just last week. Last week the only option was mixed learning, possibly for up to a year, today that has changed completely and kids will be in school full time unless there is a spike in cases, given that is only 7/8 weeks and we’ve been on a sharp downward curve then I’d say that’s very likely, and the government won’t want to have to go 180 on this announcement for a second time.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by granty6_2 View Post
    Given today’s announcement about the return of schools full time in August, this will be phase 4 of the route map.

Similarly in phase 4, mass gatherings are permitted again. Not suggesting we will all be back in August, but I wonder if reduced crowds will be allowed? Season ticket holders only with family groups sitting together??

In addition, all being well, September / October must be a realistic hope for a full return.

Well, for the premiership teams 😂 the season for Edinburgh’s other teams doesn’t start until October 😉
    It'll almost certainly still be 2021 before we get back to full football crowds IMHO. Big difference between controlling a largely localised outbreak in a school than trying to stem an outbreak spread through a stadium of football fans from all over the city/country.

They did not announce that schools would return in full in August. They announced that *if* everything goes well, that could be the case.

That’s a big if.

Secondly, it’s reflective of children’s lower risk status to the virus, and still leads to 20 odd of them in a decent size room. There is zero comparison to packing thousands into football stadiums.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottB View Post
    They did not announce that schools would return in full in August. They announced that *if* everything goes well, that could be the case.

That’s a big if.

Secondly, it’s reflective of children’s lower risk status to the virus, and still leads to 20 odd of them in a decent size room. There is zero comparison to packing thousands into football stadiums.
    It’s not a big if at all. They announced that the main plan of action now is for full school returns. Unless you are in a care home or hospital, the chances of getting the virus now is extremely slim. Considering by mid July I’d expect us to have followed England into phase three and have pubs etc back open and SD down to 1m, I’d say it’s a massive probability that crowds of some form will be back by October/November.

First Team Breakthrough
    The spread of Covid amongst kids is next to zero (according to a report last week). The thinking is that teachers will be the vulnerable ones when they return, no chance football crowds are coming back in August

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by granty6_2 View Post

10,000 season tickets in 20,000 stadium happy days

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    It’s not a big if at all. They announced that the main plan of action now is for full school returns. Unless you are in a care home or hospital, the chances of getting the virus now is extremely slim. Considering by mid July I’d expect us to have followed England into phase three and have pubs etc back open and SD down to 1m, I’d say it’s a massive probability that crowds of some form will be back by October/November.
    Could that not be down to us all still mostly social distancing, keeping ourselves mainly apart from other people and not meeting up in large groups?

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Lucky you ! Our glorious leader wants to keep us out. By the way what if they ask for your name and address ? Joe Baker, Easter road Edinburgh ?

Could that not be down to us all still mostly social distancing, keeping ourselves mainly apart from other people and not meeting up in large groups?
    Possibly, although in big supermarkets next to no social distancing happens, massive protests have been happening, gatherings on beaches etc and no second spike. I’ve been wary up until now, but I’m as relaxed as could be and pretty much back to most senses of normality. Risky, you could say, but a proper look at the stats shows that hospitals and care homes make up a massive chunk of current cases.

Even listening to Jason Leitch talking about grassroots football the other day, he won’t put a date on it but is extremely confident it’ll be back soon, and that at some stage, like the flu, we are going to be living with it.

Possibly, although in big supermarkets next to no social distancing happens, massive protests have been happening, gatherings on beaches etc and no second spike. I’ve been wary up until now, but I’m as relaxed as could be and pretty much back to most senses of normality. Risky, you could say, but a proper look at the stats shows that hospitals and care homes make up a massive chunk of current cases.

Even listening to Jason Leitch talking about grassroots football the other day, he won’t put a date on it but is extremely confident it’ll be back soon, and that at some stage, like the flu, we are going to be living with it.

Are they not saying it could be 7 days to 2 weeks after being exposed to the virus you start to show symptoms/become contagious? I heard from a doctor just outside London and they have seen their admissions from covid go up in recent days. The packed beaches and protests will have a delayed reaction going by what they are saying.

Ah shut up!!!

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    The nonsense tennis tournament in Serbia should be a warning as well that it can flare up again pretty easily.

We should be progressing with easing lockdown, but slowly in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottB View Post

That’s a big if.

Assuming you watched the briefing, i'm not sure how you can come to this conclusion

The plan is for schools to return 100%, without social distancing on August 11th - blended learning is the contingency plan. The crucial factor with this is that this is in line with phase 4 of the routemap - also when mass gatherings are allowed again.

It does not state what a mass gathering is however....

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee Mac View Post

Yep you should try being a moderator of a parent council forum for the last 12 hours people are only seeing what they want to see...

People aren’t catching it in hospitals,they’re there because they caught it,totally different from care homes.Care homes suffer from people taking it in and infecting residents.I think those of us in the top target age group won’t be getting back to normal anytime soon.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomo1916 View Post
    That's because we haven't got through the 1st wave yet. We're still seeing nearly 1,000 infections a day & far more daily deaths than when we went into lockdown. I'm friends with an esteemed doctor/medical researcher. She tells me there is pretty much acceptance in her peer group that it's when, rather than if a 2nd wave hits. Sorry to be a party pooper but unfortunately I believe this thing has a long way to go yet.