hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fraser Fyvie

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds

Fraser Fyvie

So, I'm not sure how this passed me by but I just stumbled across the fact that Fraser Fyvie has been playing for Cove Rangers in League...2!

The guy who just a few years ago was lifting the Scottish Cup with us....what the heck has happened? I always thought he was a very handy player for us and have to admit to being very surprised he's been playing as low a standard as League 2. What makes it even more bizarre is checking his age, hes only bloody 27! Prime of his career etc

Again....what happened?!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Most recent interview (about a month ago think it was reminiscing about the cup) he talked about this.
    Made the decision for his family no regrets.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    He adds: “Choosing to leave [Hibs] was more about my family and moving back up the road.
    “It wasn’t even close to being a footballing reason and, with the benefit of hindsight and only talking about football, I should have stayed, 100 per cent. But in terms of my family life, it’s the best thing I’ve ever done. That comes first.”

http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2020/0...ty-uwe-rosler/
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

If I am not mistaken I'm pretty sure his knee is a problem as well, he's had two cruciate injuries on the same one, that may be a factor.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member 18Craig75's Avatar
    Always speaks fondly about Hibs. He did a podcast with Football CFB recently as well. Says it was the worst footballing decision of his career to leave, however the decision was taken for other reasons.

He was an integral part of that midfield. Loved watching him play, had a bit of bite and could play a pass.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by 18Craig75 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Always speaks fondly about Hibs. He did a podcast with Football CFB recently as well. Says it was the worst footballing decision of his career to leave, however the decision was taken for other reasons.

He was an integral part of that midfield. Loved watching him play, had a bit of bite and could play a pass.
    Really liked him as well, I was sad to see him go and put it down to a fall out but fair play to him it can’t be easy making those choices in a short career like football so I’m glad he’s no regrets about it.

@hibs.net private member G15 Hibs's Avatar
    Cove are pretty ambitious, they've got a bit of money and are paying decent wages for League 2 - underlined by them getting promotion to League 1 at the first attempt without too much bother. If he needs or prefers to be in the area for family reasons or otherwise then its not a bad place for him to be.

Fyvie done a decent job but his passing could be erratic and he could be wasteful in possession. Good engine though and knew how to tackle.
    He will always be remembered as part of that team but few were worried when he left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by G15 Hibs View Post
    Cove are pretty ambitious, they've got a bit of money and are paying decent wages for League 2 - underlined by them getting promotion to League 1 at the first attempt without too much bother. If he needs or prefers to be in the area for family reasons or otherwise then its not a bad place for him to be.
    They have a number of really good players there as well as Paul Hartley managing them. I watched them a couple of times last season and whilst Fyvie was obviously a class act they were far from a one man band. Like you say, they are a team looking to move up the leagues and he will probably enjoy going on that journey with them. His wage won’t be bad either.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member
    Good player, liked him a lot.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    They have a number of really good players there as well as Paul Hartley managing them. I watched them a couple of times last season and whilst Fyvie was obviously a class act they were far from a one man band. Like you say, they are a team looking to move up the leagues and he will probably enjoy going on that journey with them. His wage won’t be bad either.
    Megginson, Masson, Watson, Higgins, Fyvie, McAllister are all very good players. Wouldn't shock me for them to challenge for promotion this coming season as well.

Used to work for a director and a couple of their players worked with us - to be able to offer players who nearing the end of their career or indeed who have had bad injuries a full time job as well as regular first team football is a powerful tool. We occasionally managed to get into hospitality and they're a really excellent, ambitious club and I keep a keen eye on their results.
    Last edited by Northernhibee; 25-06-2020 at 12:35 PM.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by California-Hibs View Post
    So, I'm not sure how this passed me by but I just stumbled across the fact that Fraser Fyvie has been playing for Cove Rangers in League...2!

The guy who just a few years ago was lifting the Scottish Cup with us....what the heck has happened? I always thought he was a very handy player for us and have to admit to being very surprised he's been playing as low a standard as League 2. What makes it even more bizarre is checking his age, hes only bloody 27! Prime of his career etc

Again....what happened?!
    Saw him playing v Elgin City not long ago and he was utter mince and rightly subbed

If he'd gave the ball away in the last moments of the game (bad pass or so)... or crossed or lost it instead of letting it run out on 79th minute... quite possibly no cup win.

Small moments with big impact.

Limited player but liked him, added bite and as it shown that great day, a footballing head when needed too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Fyvie done a decent job but his passing could be erratic and he could be wasteful in possession. Good engine though and knew how to tackle.
    He will always be remembered as part of that team but few were worried when he left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Allan is the only midfielder better than Fyvie we've signed since he left.

His passing could be erratic, but he also passed it twice as much as anyone else. Always available. The Fyvie that left Hibs would be one of the first names on the teamsheet now IMO.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Allan is the only midfielder better than Fyvie we've signed since he left.

His passing could be erratic, but he also passed it twice as much as anyone else. Always available. The Fyvie that left Hibs would be one of the first names on the teamsheet now IMO.
    I’d say Mallan is probably better than Fyvie

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    I’d say Mallan is probably better than Fyvie
    At hiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenttwo View Post
    Saw him playing v Elgin City not long ago and he was utter mince and rightly subbed
    The master of the misplaced 5 yard pass. Toiled badly at Dundee utd it's no surprise he's ended up down the leagues.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FilipinoHibs View Post
    At hiding.
    He’s a much better player than Fyvie imo

If you want to understand what FFs all about, watch Time For Heroes. Maybe not the most gifted, but a very decent player and a winner. And now a legend.

GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    He’s a much better player than Fyvie imo
    Only at shooting, everthing else not in my opinion. Been missing for 18 months now.

Quote Originally Posted by supermcginn View Post
    The master of the misplaced 5 yard pass. Toiled badly at Dundee utd it's no surprise he's ended up down the leagues.
    He misplaced one pass at Ibrox and this nonsense has stuck... embarrassing

Master at winning the Scottish cup and promotion.

Oh, and the FA Cup.

How many Fyvie threads have we had now? 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    How many Fyvie threads have we had now? 😂

Five-ie

@hibs.net private member MagicSwirlingShip's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Only at shooting, everthing else not in my opinion. Been missing for 18 months now.
    +1

Fyvie a better all round player.

Having watched the cup final a good few times, he was outstanding on that day!

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fiolex1 View Post
    Having watched the cup final a good few times, he was outstanding on that day!

Although everybody was to be fair.

@hibs.net private member stantonhibby's Avatar
    I like them both.....hope that's allowed.

My Dundee Utd supporting pal said he was their most influential player until he received his injuries, couldn't keep up the pace after that.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

"Toiled" at utd? Lol

@hibs.net private member
    Even though I knew SJM was destined for better things, I thought he was our best player when he was at Hibs. Dictated the pace of the game, linked defence to attack brilliantly. Poor judgment on his part to play games with Lenny when it came to renewing his contract and I think injuries have taken their toll on him which is why he finds himself at Cove.