hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Marvin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Matty alluded to this being in respect of the academy. I know the first team have been doing this but what does it mean for our academy players? This is what I'm trying to understand
    Academy players get them too.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Academy players get them too.
    Yip, they will just be fitness sessions with a physical trainer. Most community clubs are doing them as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Power View Post
    ✅ Good financial shape - managing the storm
    ✅ Supporters, staff and players stepped up
    ✅ Right sizing to current reality
    ✅ AGM vision still in plan but paused
    ✅ Football nearly back
    ✅ Competing and team improvements - we’ll take opportunities

————

✅ First team core focus (Pausing everything else because no activity)
    ✅ Move forward quickly when normality resumes
    ✅ Difficult times highlighting our worth
    ✅ Everyone making a difference - one team, one club
    ✅ Proud to own our club, phenomenal fans that continue to build a legacy
    ✅ Upgrade & improve Hibs TV for changes coming now & in future

Or how Matty excellently summarised ✅
    Thanks for that and putting my mind at ease. I’ve not been able to sleep since I read on a bloodied turd coloured website that Ron The Con was taking us into administration to asset strip us and head back over the pond with suitcases full of money. 😂

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Not sure if I missed it, but I didn’t hear Ron brag even once about how other club chairmen look up to him and ring him for advice etc.
    Yes, you missed it. It was round about the part when he was talking about his debt of gratitude to Ann Budge for being on the end of the telephone whenever he wanted advice.

Feel reassured after that. Good stuff.

Over 8,700 season tickets sold too. Hopefully we can break through 9k before the end of June!

I’m sorry but this is a very poor statement.Not one dig at another club far less any threat to sue everyone. Come on Ron,get with the programme.

Great interview, he always speaks very well. That has me more reassured now that we're on the right track.

I should know better than to believe a word that any journalist spouts in the papers.

Left by mutual consent!
    He’s got a ****in brilliant accent. Should be actually on the telly.

I might be in the minority on this but I like how little he gives away, too often you hear owners come out with ridiculous expectations of what they do and fail miserably and it sounds like they’ve rehearsed it all night.

With Ron I get the impression he just speaks naturally and it’s not rehearsed, the chat there with him is the same if you caught him off guard at a game.

Seems a very humble sensible man

Hopefully we'll all be back at Easter Road in January or before, but the club/all clubs will have to budget for a whole season behind closed doors. With clubs cutting their cloth, there'll be a lot of players available over the next couple of months and I'm confident we'll get some good 'uns.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    He’s got a ****in brilliant accent. Should be actually on the telly.
    It'd better if he spoke like Jesse from Breaking Bad. That would be a hoot!

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Marvin View Post
    I wonder what 'developing players at a distance' actually means??

Traditionally our younger players have been quite small, but now they're just far away.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    Yes, you missed it. It was round about the part when he was talking about his debt of gratitude to Ann Budge for being on the end of the telephone whenever he wanted advice.

Makes sense.

No doubt the near proximity of the Sage of Midlothian is what gave him the idea to invest in Hibs in the first place.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kojock View Post
    Thanks for that and putting my mind at ease. I’ve not been able to sleep since I read on a bloodied turd coloured website that Ron The Con was taking us into administration to asset strip us and head back over the pond with suitcases full of money. 😂
    Probably just forgot to mention that. 😁

Left by mutual consent!
    I think he’s been honest and up front from the very start. Comes across as a nice guy but vert shroud. I don’t expect him to spend millions of his own cash or pay over the odds wages. All I want is for him to do his very best to bring us success without putting the future of the club jeopardy.

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    I’m sorry but this is a very poor statement. Not one dig at another club far less any threat to sue everyone. Come on Ron, get with the programme.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    I can't believe Kenny didn't ask if Ron had sought out Bodges advice on how to run a football club!!
    Good interview and no sugar coating anything and no bull**** promises or grandstanding to please the media or fans

Blog Entries
    I like how he gets his points across and I think that with him and Jack Ross, another articulate guy, our club is in safe hands. LD’s no bad either, but we’ve known that all along.

@hibs.net private member hibeejeebies's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    I can't believe Kenny didn't ask if Ron had sought out Bodges advice on how to run a football club!!
    I've maybe missed this, please tell me she never came out with that? 😂🙈

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibeejeebies View Post
    I've maybe missed this, please tell me she never came out with that? 😂🙈

Yup she did. She does this repeatedly.

@hibs.net private member Ryan91's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lendo View Post
    Ron owns TV stations/channels doesn't he? This should be his bread and butter.
    Developing an online streaming service is very different from broadcast TV

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    Traditionally our younger players have been quite small, but now they're just far away.
    Very good...

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Yup she did. She does this repeatedly.
    “Right, so when you sack your manager that has you competing for second in the league, make sure you replace him with the first snotty nosed kid who talks about Schematics and has all the Football Manager games on his laptop. Or a scruffbag, preferably one who has never won as much as a free lucky dip on the lottery. He’s got to start winning sometime - pretty clever logic, eh Ron?

As for your stands, you don’t need seats. Or a castle view. Chuck in a few random staircases in places that go nowhere like your drunk nan’s been trying to play The Sims. And budget, an 8m stand is great, but feel free to pay double that for a non completed stand because eight figure stand sounds better than seven. Big club, big price tag and all that.

Finally Ron, if you have a bang average youngster tell all the press that Real Madrid, Chelsea and the Dalai Lama are all wanting to sign him,

You writing this down Ron? Ron? What do you mean this is the Gala bingo booking line?”

I think most reasonable people assumed this is what the plan was, nice to hear it coming from Ron himself though.
    I like how he has a background in media too, it's going to be a vital part of football until the stadiums open up again.

Sent from my SM-A205GN using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    I would have been more worried if he said he was just going to thrown a couple of million quid at the club to get us through this. We dont need a wreckless owner. David Murray, Mad Vlad and Brooks Milseson all tried that chasing a quick high and it came back to bite everyone of them on the arse.
    On the other hand though he also has to understand that Hibs are a big city club so running us like St Mirren or Livingston would be equally as destructive. He needs to strike that fine balance between sensible book keeping while keeping us competitive at the same time.

@hibs.net private member CraigHibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    I’m sorry but this is a very poor statement.Not one dig at another club far less any threat to sue everyone. Come on Ron,get with the programme.
    i know, absolutely disgusting behaviour.

open and honest interview with Ron, the jambo pretenders will still claim we are going bust and they are the ones advertising their bank details for donations

@hibs.net private member proud_and_green's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomo1916 View Post
    I would have been more worried if he said he was just going to thrown a couple of million quid at the club to get us through this. We dont need a wreckless owner. David Murray, Mad Vlad and Brooks Milseson all tried that chasing a quick high and it came back to bite everyone of them on the arse.
    On the other hand though he also has to understand that Hibs are a big city club so running us like St Mirren or Livingston would be equally as destructive. He needs to strike that fine balance between sensible book keeping while keeping us competitive at the same time.
    I agree, watched second season of Sunderland Till I die recently and a thing that stuck out was when the new owners talked about the relationship between the club and its old US billionaire owner. Nobody on the staff at the club had any connection to making the club efficient or was held accountable for their actions. This was because if there was a bill or any problem they would just pass it to the billionaire in Florida who would just throw money at it.
    Nobody felt it was their responsibility to make things work or improve them, there wasn't an incentive. That meant that they were always precarious and at the whim of the owner.
    I would also have been more concerned if he had said I'll chuck money at this, it's not the answer.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Thomo1916 View Post
    To be fair nothing he's said so far suggests he'll be running the club like St Mirren or Livi.

I get the distinct feeling that Ron is quietly relishing the challenge of developing the club without throwing money at it, and that includes steering it through the current crisis.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by proud_and_green View Post
    I agree, watched second season of Sunderland Till I die recently and a thing that stuck out was when the new owners talked about the relationship between the club and its old US billionaire owner. Nobody on the staff at the club had any connection to making the club efficient or was held accountable for their actions. This was because if there was a bill or any problem they would just pass it to the billionaire in Florida who would just throw money at it.
    Nobody felt it was their responsibility to make things work or improve them, there wasn't an incentive. That meant that they were always precarious and at the whim of the owner.
    I would also have been more concerned if he had said I'll chuck money at this, it's not the answer.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk
    Ellis Short was one of the worst examples of rich men buying football clubs. He had zero interest in the actual club or football in general. He just saw other wealthy Americans buying clubs in England so he jumped on the bandwagon. When it dawned on him that he was not going to make money out of Sunderland the little interest he could muster quickly evaporated. He kept writing cheques to make the day to day problems go away the same way someone would try and swat a fly buzzing around their head. Im not naive enough to think that Ron is a dyed in the wool Hibee but he seems to have a passion for us the same way he does with all his other ventures.