hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

How should the SPFL respond to Hearts' threats?

If Hearts want to threaten clubs with deliberately delaying the start of the league and also want to take the SPFL (i.e. the other clubs) to court for millions, then they're threatening the very existence of those same clubs.

Contrary to what they've claimed up to this point, they have literally no interest in Sporting Integrity, or in anyone else but themselves.

It might sound severe, or an over reaction, but I don't see why the SPFL (basically all the other clubs) shouldn't respond in kind and let them know that any such legal action will result in expulsion from the league.

Fight fire with fire, and all that.

Thoughts?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    The whole thing is a shakedown.

They're desperate for cash so they can keep their overpaid players.

It will be settled out of court and they know it.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Hearts want to threaten clubs with deliberately delaying the start of the league and also want to take the SPFL (i.e. the other clubs) to court for millions, then they're threatening the very existence of those same clubs.

Contrary to what they've claimed up to this point, they have literally no interest in Sporting Integrity, or in anyone else but themselves.

It might sound severe, or an over reaction, but I don't see why the SPFL (basically all the other clubs) shouldn't respond in kind and let them know that any such legal action will result in expulsion from the league.

Thoughts?
    For me they are entitled, as a member, to see or at least ask what the SFA/SPFL legal advice and defense are. For that reason they should be suspended at the least.

@hibs.net private member bawheid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BroxburnHibee View Post

Settled out of court in that the Jambos will get bugger all.

Budge: we’ve taken legal action. Do you want to settle out of court?
    SPFL: nah.
    Budge: but... please?
    SPFL: cheerio Ann.

@hibs.net private member
    As I said on the other thread, the Courts are saying the SPFL have to reply to Heart`s petition within 7 days.

If I was the SPFL, I`d just say, "Hello Ann" - that`s a reply isn`t it?

Or "Do you want fries with that?"

Foxtrot Oscar

Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    Foxtrot Oscar
    Silver tongued cavalier that you are

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by BroxburnHibee View Post

It won’t. They will lose.

"see you in court"

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    It won’t. They will lose.
    yep I’m confident of this too

@hibs.net private member Victor's Avatar
    Put the SPFL into administration. Can’t sue an insolvent entity. Basically do what Hearts did.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If Hearts had handled this properly, putting forward a detailed proposal for reconstruction following a full consultation with all member clubs and then, when they lost the vote, politely requested the parachute payment that would normally go to 11th, then I'd say the SPFL should settle in a spirit of mutual goodwill.

Given how Hearts have behaved however, I'd hope the SPFL will call her bluff and let it go to court.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Tell them to Bolt. The current top 12 should just create a new super league with no promotion.

Dock them 30 points for breaking rules.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Thoughts?
    They shouls say nothing and do their talking in court but also get their own rent-a-gobsh*te to feed stories to the press like how they're living in cloud cuckooland with their £8m claim and bring on the interim interdict if you dare.

Blog Entries
    The SFA and SPFL should be taking legal advice, now, on two fronts. Firstly, advice on how best to defend their own actions and to minimise the effect of the suing litigants case. Secondly, and completely separate from that, they should be getting guidance from UEFA about their legal rights as to what action they can take against both clubs, irrespective of the outcome of the first case. I would throw the book at them. Attack is the best form of defence but make sure you’ve checked your weapons and armour.

@hibs.net private member CraigHibee's Avatar
    Properly 'expel' the mutants since that's what they keep harping on about, horrible puddle drinking ***** cannons

I like the idea of a breakaway league of 12. With a new rule about not taking league to court over a democratic vote. 😀

I’d hate to see their license revoked and I mean that, we need the rivalry that’s what football is about. That being said, if the SPFL took that route, hearts would only have themselves to blame.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Bin them from the leagues.

Play dirty

Statements to begin with

"Only last week, Hearts supporting benefactor James Anderson provided funds to support community clubs.

Now, his team are taking action that is likely to place some (or perhaps many) of those community clubs futures in jeopardy.

Hearts voted to relegate themselves, in a competent vote. There is no case to answer and Mr Anderson may wish to pick up the phone to Mrs Budge to explain why he made his significant donation last week, and why the loss of community clubs would be a self indulgence too far".

First Team Breakthrough
    Ignore it, kick it down the road and treat it the same way you would treat your shoe if you had stepped in dog *****

Surely a substantial points deduction would cover it?

Where are they getting this £10m compensation BS from, they're making a mockery of things now and are coming across as desperados.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    I’d hate to see their license revoked and I mean that, we need the rivalry that’s what football is about. That being said, if the SPFL took that route, hearts would only have themselves to blame.
    I wouldn’t miss them one little bit. They should have disappeared in 2013.

@hibs.net private member bawheid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Where are they getting this £10m compensation BS from, they're making a mockery of things now and are coming across as desperados.
    Genuinely think Ann Budge takes her advice from Kickback.

First Team Breakthrough

Thoughts?
    I agree and could it not also impact on the Scotland team Nations League games in October if they somehow got the Premier league games halted?

Daily Record saying some of the bigger clubs want them chucked out the leagues if they try and go through with their legal action 😂

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    Daily Record saying some of the bigger clubs want them chucked out the leagues if they try and go through with their legal action 😂
    Who are they?

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    This is when the fun really begins if there’s any truth in that. That would be very sweet.