hibs.net Messageboard

Neil Doncaster gets job with UEFA

"NEIL DONCASTER has been appointed to UEFA's Control, Ethics and Disciplinary body."

"In his new role Doncaster will have a say in UEFA punishments being handed out to clubs for breaking rules."

The Herald.

It also says...

"He will not take ruling over Scottish clubs."

But I wonder if he might have some influence over the current situation with Hearts and Thistle.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    "NEIL DONCASTER has been appointed to UEFA's Control, Ethics and Disciplinary body."

"In his new role Doncaster will have a say in UEFA punishments being handed out to clubs for breaking rules."

The Herald.

It also says...

But I wonder if he might have some influence over the current situation with Hearts and Thistle.

But he will certainly not let Jambartick’s behaviour escape UEFA’s notice, I would hope.

The Herald.

It also says...

This is a joke. He'll be on the committee that hands out sanctions to Clubs that break the rules. Reading this this includes behaviour of supporters, yet he continues to turn a blind eye to the sectarian behaviour of large sections of the Celtic and Rangers in the league he's meant to run. The man's a disgrace and one of the largest contributors to Scottish Football being a laughing stock right now.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar

The Herald.

It also says...

Much like the SFA, appears it’s who you know not what you know at UEFA.

Coaching Staff

The Herald.

It also says...

The beginning of his transition out of Scottish football.

Quote Originally Posted by 0762 View Post
    This is a joke. He'll be on the committee that hands out sanctions to Clubs that break the rules. Reading this this includes behaviour of supporters, yet he continues to turn a blind eye to the sectarian behaviour of large sections of the Celtic and Rangers in the league he's meant to run. The man's a disgrace and one of the largest contributors to Scottish Football being a laughing stock right now.
    Not a fan of Doncaster, but what did you expect him to do about the sectarian singing ? No strict liability in Scotland.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Not a fan of Doncaster, but what did you expect him to do about the sectarian singing ? No strict liability in Scotland.
    Exactly. The Scottish government ended up ****ting it so nothing he could do. We’ve not got a league or cup sponsor though I don’t think so that’s something that should be looked at.

Left by mutual consent!
    Congratulations Neil. Well deserved after his impeccable work since the lockdown.

@hibs.net private member
    Totally impressed by the guy recently. Delighted for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Surely he has some power in docking points or closing stands?

I
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Surely he has some power in docking points or closing stands?
    You surely can’t think that any club will agree to a change in the rules to punish them for fan behaviour.

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    I

You surely can’t think that any club will agree to a change in the rules to punish them for fan behaviour.
    Sadly not, no. Makes them all complicit really. Its embarrassing we still have sectarian abuse in football stadiums all over this country. English football at least trying to tackle their racism problem.

Its not just ''fan behaviour'', its 50k people singing about killing people because they are catholic.

What a pile of nonsense.

Left by mutual consent!
    The only people who think Scottish Football is a laughing stock at the moment are bitter Hertz fans.

Wait, are we all Neil Doncaster fans on here now? He was regularly slaughtered on here for years.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    He won’t have any dealings with Scottish football in this role. Tom English will be choking on his succulent lamb at this though.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

Wait, are we all Neil Doncaster fans on here now? He was regularly slaughtered on here for years.

No, but The Rangers fans are apparently livid about this, so it is quite funny.

@hibs.net private member
    I think we can all appreciate what a fine job he has done over the last couple of months. If that makes me a fan then I’m alright wi that

Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    I think we can all appreciate what a fine job he has done over the last couple of months. If that makes me a fan then I’m alright wi that
    Sure but it doesn't erase years of absolute garbage IMO.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar

My enemy’s enemy is my friend.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    My enemy’s enemy is my friend.
    I’ll buy that for a wee while. The seethe on whatthe f***havewegotourselvesinto.com is so pleasing.

@hibs.net private member Stonewall's Avatar

The Herald.

It also says...

You really couldn’t make that up.