hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Helping Partick

Helping Partick

Is there anything to stop Hibs (or others) from proposing a reconstruction of 12-12-10-10 starting 1 Aug for the prem (which is unchanged) and starting this October for the other 3 leagues?

It would make all of Partick's troubles disappear & resolve pretty much all sporting integrity issues (hearts were relegated fairly by their own vote) while not stuffing up the top flight, where many teams have enjoyed record season ticket sales & great trophy wins in recent years.

So, could Hibs propose 12-12-10-10 to save Scottish football?

2. Log in to remove the advert

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Springbank View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is there anything to stop Hibs (or others) from proposing a reconstruction of 12-12-10-10 starting 1 Aug for the prem (which is unchanged) and starting this October for the other 3 leagues?

It would make all of Partick's troubles disappear & resolve pretty much all sporting integrity issues (hearts were relegated fairly by their own vote) while not stuffing up the top flight, where many teams have enjoyed record season ticket sales & great trophy wins in recent years.

Does that help Hibs?

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    Does that help Hibs?
    It removes any & all threats to our league not kicking off as planned in august

Does that help Hibs?

Sporting Integrity, old chap.

Plus it removes any allies Hearts might have had in their squabble with the SPFL. Which most likely means less money paid to them in compo, which means less money taken away from the other SPFL members to pay for it...including Hibs.

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I would 100% behind that and it is the fairest outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
    I would 100% behind that and it is the fairest outcome.
    Partick were the only team whose position was not their own fault - they had a game in hand that was only postponed originally at other people's request - so helping them really is different in terms of sporting integrity

Spot on

I have a huge soft spot for Thistle as they were my late dad’s team. However, no special treatment for them here. They’ve enjoyed some big advantages over their peers in recent years thanks to large benefactor donations. Like our neighbours, they’ve somehow managed to screw it up. Sporting integrity as someone else has rightly said.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    It removes any & all threats to our league not kicking off as planned in august
    Does it though? Anything that happens from now on is influenced by a pandemic and government policies so there is no certainty around anything. That is why Hibs sent out the details yesterday, best case scenario we have football with no fans in stands. Worst case scenario football does not restart/restarts then stops again abruptly.

The legal case is nothing other than a childish distraction. Football in Scotland could effectively die off and we are talking about Partick and Hearts...baffling...

Hearts' control of the media is quite impressive though I must say. Control over narrative is very powerful.

Does it though? Anything that happens from now on is influenced by a pandemic and government policies so there is no certainty around anything. That is why Hibs sent out the details yesterday, best case scenario we have football with no fans in stands. Worst case scenario football does not restart/restarts then stops again abruptly.

The legal case is nothing other than a childish distraction. Football in Scotland could effectively die off and we are talking about Partick and Hearts...baffling...

Hearts' control of the media is quite impressive though I must say. Control over narrative is very powerfu
    l.
    It has taken me aback a bit.Must come from being the club of the establishment.They clearly have influence in places they really shouldn't.We have seen this in action over the last four decades.They are being looked after by people with money and influence.

Hearts' control of the media is quite impressive though I must say. Control over narrative is very powerful.

Very true especially when the vote was 26 - 16 yet all the media momentum seems to be with them.

I don't understand why someone in the press or media looks at this from a different angle really digging down in to the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    [/B]

Very true especially when the vote was 26 - 16 yet all the media momentum seems to be with them.

I don't understand why someone in the press or media looks at this from a different angle really digging down in to the story.
    The help from the media backfired on them. CEOs/Chairpeople weren't swayed by biased pundits trying to influence their votes.

There is still time for Partick to propose 12-12-10-10, given that the lower leagues won't start until October.

There's no reason for the top league to oppose it as there will be no effect on any of its clubs.

The problem I'd have with backing them is that they've decided to join Hearts in declaring war on the SPFL for having the temerity to respect the democratic wishes of its members. And that could cost them vital votes.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Partick were the only team whose position was not their own fault - they had a game in hand that was only postponed originally at other people's request - so helping them really is different in terms of sporting integrity

Spot on
    It was Partick’s fault. They were the worst team and would have had to win their game in hand against a top half team to move off bottom place. IIRC they hadn’t won a game in 2020.

It’s the same as Hearts - if it had been QotS at the bottom, we wouldn’t have heard a peep about ‘how unfair it all is’.

Patrick have made their bed. I just hope they realise what they are doing and the consequences.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

League reconstruction is done. Partick have got into bed with Hearts. Hell mend them. Only club I'm interested in helping is Hibs.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar

About 15 years ago, Partick Thistle tried to prevent Caley Thistle from being promoted because their ground wasn’t big enough. They even launched a legal bid to prevent the Premier League clubs voting to change the minimum capacity rule to allow ICT to come up. The reason they were so against the rule change you ask? They had finished bottom of the league and stopping the promotion would have meant they avoided relegation.

No sympathy from me, Karma’s a bitch.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...wsstory.sport3

Left by mutual consent!
    Presuming the same guy who helps Hearts has is helping Partick?

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    League reconstruction is done. Partick have got into bed with Hearts. Hell mend them. Only club I'm interested in helping is Hibs.
    Hear, hear!

What's more, their challenge is doomed from the very start.

This will be an extremely expensive affair for the philanthropist.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    About 15 years ago, Partick Thistle tried to prevent Caley Thistle from being promoted because their ground wasn’t big enough. They even launched a legal bid to prevent the Premier League clubs voting to change the minimum capacity rule to allow ICT to come up. The reason they were so against the rule change you ask? They had finished bottom of the league and stopping the promotion would have meant they avoided relegation.

No sympathy from me, Karma’s a bitch.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...wsstory.sport3
    Isn’t it just?
    I’ve never bought in to the love in for cuddly wee Partick. But I can find a good reason to dislike every club that isn’t Hibs.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by EI255 View Post
    Presuming the same guy who helps Hearts has is helping Partick?

The guy who won a bazillion pounds on Euromillions gives them loads of money so might be him.

Edit: Scrub that - didn’t realise he had died.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post

I get the sentiment but it sounds a wee bit Jambo

Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    The guy who won a bazillion pounds on Euromillions gives them loads of money so might be him.

I appolgise if I'm wrong but I'm sure he died a while back

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    [/B]

Once the 16 are ID'd, the media could go through those one by one and I bet you in each case they all voted for self-interest. Those with most to gain from an expanded league such as Hamilton as it reduces relegation pressure, and those like Dundee who would get shot of Hearts, DUFC and Inverness from the Champ title race in one go - and then have a better chance of staying in the Prem once they go there. Hearts, Inverness, Partick etc will all have voted for their own selfish reasons.

Bet they don't find 1 team that voted for reconstruction as it was the "right thing to do".

Hibs lost £125k out of ending the season early. Don't hear anyone sympathising with us.

Appreciate the replies here, but really, Partick's situation is a million miles removed from hearts.
    Partick were asked to postpone a league game (their game in hand) to help the league manage someone else's fixture congestion.
    Hearts on the other hand were terrible for 18/19/20 months & at 4 points adrift with 8 games to play were likely to finish 8-10points adrift in bottom spot.

Partick's league may choose not to play at all in 20/21.

So I would personally support 12-12-10-10 to support them in this.

Their fatal error was hitching their skirt to hearts 14-10-10-10 that was a **** idea.

But 12-12-10-10 rights every single wrong.

Hearts fans may cry into their cardigans but 12-12-10-10 gives everyone what they actually deserve

Testimonial Due
    Appreciate the replies here, but really, Partick's situation is a million miles removed from hearts.
    Partick were asked to postpone a league game (their game in hand) to help the league manage someone else's fixture congestion.
    Hearts on the other hand were terrible for 18/19/20 months & at 4 points adrift with 8 games to play were likely to finish 8-10points adrift in bottom spot.

Partick's league may choose not to play at all in 20/21.

So I would personally support 12-12-10-10 to support them in this.

Their fatal error was hitching their skirt to hearts 14-10-10-10 that was a **** idea.

But 12-12-10-10 rights every single wrong.

Hearts fans may cry into their cardigans but 12-12-10-10 gives everyone what they actually deserve
    This should have been the call, but now an anonymous donor has called in to help Thistle side with Hertz.
    Everyone seems to agree with the Thistle plight, and I fear courts will see that too!!!

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Does that help Hibs?

No - it’s about putting self interest aside at this time of crisis.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    I get that this thread is about having a dig at Hearts, but there’s still a need for re-construction IMO. Now isn’t the time to do it as there’s more pressing things to focus on like clubs surviving and getting people back into stadiums etc.

However, when things begin to settle again I’d like to see proper reconstruction talks. Here’s what would be on my agenda:
    • 16/18 team league
    • SPFL run independently from the clubs (Maybe we could then listen to people like Barry Hearn, who knows how to sell a product)
    • Change to voting rules
    • Financial fair play introduced
    • Quota of homegrown players (think Holland has a gentleman’s agreement on this
    * Review of prize money distribution

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post

His family still have all the money and are presumably minded to continue their support?

Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    I get that this thread is about having a dig at Hearts, but there’s still a need for re-construction IMO. Now isn’t the time to do it as there’s more pressing things to focus on like clubs surviving and getting people back into stadiums etc.

However, when things begin to settle again I’d like to see proper reconstruction talks. Here’s what would be on my agenda:
    • 16/18 team league
    • SPFL run independently from the clubs (Maybe we could then listen to people like Barry Hearn, who knows how to sell a product)
    • Change to voting rules
    • Financial fair play introduced
    • Quota of homegrown players (think Holland has a gentleman’s agreement on this
    * Review of prize money distribution

To get all that, it would first have to be voted through by the SPFL, with 11 votes in favour.

The Old Firm will vote against, so it will go nowhere.

Remember to thank Aberdeen for retaining that scenario.