hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Official HSL

Testimonial Due Capt Mainwaring's Avatar
    Just increased my monthly Direct Debit to help out

Initially found it frustrating to process on the website but then realised that you have to log in first (using email address) and had to reset password.
    Once logged in managed to update my monthly donation quite easily

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Can you set the date of when you want the direct debit to come out??

Just re-started my direct debit.
    HS would benefit from engaging Hibs supporters with high followers numbers (influencers) on Twitter, Insta etc to give them a plug.
    The comms from HS are pretty formal and dry. In this day and age all it takes is for a few of the popular people to say on social media that they back it with a funny meme or gif about how ***** the Jambos are for it to blow up and take off.

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Franck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've just received the following email from Hibernian Supporters:

Mandate Update

Following the Club announcement yesterday, I can report we have had a significant increase in interest from both existing Members / Donators, as well as new supporters.

Many of our existing Members / Donators have reported problems in their efforts to either resurrect donations or indeed make new one off donations. We have reported this to GoCardless and it seems there have been some occasions where Direct Debit mandates have been made inactive and some Members would prefer these to be reactivated.

Rather than investigate every case, we have taken the view to email every Member / Donator with an "inactive" mandate with a link to allow them to reactivate their mandate with any amount they choose to donate. The purpose of this exercise is to simply bring the mandate to life again.

Please click HERE to reactivate your mandate.

We will be writing again with more information but at this stage we simply want to give everyone the opportunity to access their account and choose their own path going forward.

If you have received this email in error there is no need to take further action.

James Adie
    Chairman

I hadn't even noticed that my monthly direct debit had stopped. I certainly didn't stop it and I'd need to go back and see when it became 'inactive' as it's being described. Ytf would monthly direct debits randomly become 'inactive' with gocardless? This is exactly the kind of problem that has held HSL/HS back.
    I think the reason they stopped, is because you reached the "full membership" total. £225 iirc?

Same thing happened to me, I never noticed until over a year later it had stopped, and worked it out that id reached that amount. To keep donating after that amount you had to re-start the DD.

Quote Originally Posted by 1875STEVE View Post
    I think the reason they stopped, is because you reached the "full membership" total. £225 iirc?

Same thing happened to me, I never noticed until over a year later it had stopped, and worked it out that id reached that amount. To keep donating after that amount you had to re-start the DD.
    I reached the full membership amount a long time ago. I continued to make the payment and have increased it since. Mine never stopped at any point from memory.

Coaching Staff
    Is there any way that HSL could start a counter or set 'milestones' to show the uptake and set out realistic numbers to try and attain ?

There are a few supporters who have renewed or taken a new membership on this thread alone - might be a good idea to have weekly updates, gather momentum, also include little snapshots / stories / messageboard from/for fans who have taken up a membership to persuade others that can afford to ?

Or create an Instagram page so people can share stories of why they feel it's important to support HSL ? Create a tagline to follow ?

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    Is there any way that HSL could start a counter or set 'milestones' to show the uptake and set out realistic numbers to try and attain ?

There are a few supporters who have renewed or taken a new membership on this thread alone - might be a good idea to have weekly updates, gather momentum, also include little snapshots / stories / messageboard from/for fans who have taken up a membership to persuade others that can afford to ?

Or create an Instagram page so people can share stories of why they feel it's important to support HSL ? Create a tagline to follow ?
    You have thrown in some very good ideas which I hope will be followed up on. Keep them coming.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    You have thrown in some very good ideas which I hope will be followed up on. Keep them coming.
    Ideas are good but the most important thing at the moment is getting everyone who can afford to contribute to do so presentation etc can be picked up once the immediate crisis is resolved

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbydad View Post
    Ideas are good but the most important thing at the moment is getting everyone who can afford to contribute to do so presentation etc can be picked up once the immediate crisis is resolved
    I have now cancelled mine, I can’t update my email address so got no email confirmation when I increased my payment amount so decided safer to just cancel everything. I also have an account linked to my late dad which is linked to my current email address. I just received an email from HSL but as you will understand I don’t want to use this account and again there is nowhere to update that he passed away in 2016.

Reading through this thread, it seems HSL are making a right pigs ear of the contributions, and not even getting the basics right, maybe folk with experience on here or elsewhere could give them a hand, its not right that folk are cancelling or wont contribute because its not being done right.
    Rip it up and start it again.
    Folk that automatically had their contributions stopped because the 225quid threshold is reached and then not contacted to extend "beggars belief".
    Approach Hibs, Leanne or Ron Gordon himself, but something needs to be done and another thing,

REBRAND HSL, its not attractive.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    Reading through this thread, it seems HSL are making a right pigs ear of the contributions, and not even getting the basics right, maybe folk with experience on here or elsewhere could give them a hand, its not right that folk are cancelling or wont contribute because its not being done right.
    Rip it up and start it again.
    Folk that automatically had their contributions stopped because the 225quid threshold is reached and then not contacted to extend "beggars belief".
    Approach Hibs, Leanne or Ron Gordon himself, but something needs to be done and another thing,

REBRAND HSL, its not attractive.
    Hi Phil, there appears to be a groundswell of overriding support on this thread and others with a large number of people starting or increasing their donations.

Hibernian Supporters are the second biggest shareholder in the club and for that reason it can’t be ‘ripped up and started again’. There are no shares to purchase in the club under Ron Gordon’s ownership and as a result attentions have turned to raising funds for the football club by way of regular fan donations.

The website, social media and payment systems are already in place and would take time to replace or rebrand if there was a desire to do so. With some confusion or lack or awareness over the years it may not be the best idea to put a new initiative in front of people.

The guys on the board are aware of issues with website information and they’re working on updating this, I’ve volunteered some time while on furlough from work to improve to social media output and comms.

The issues with direct debit mandates comes from an issue with GoCardless, a frustrating problem but one that is being dealt with - it’s an easy check to make via the ‘My account’ page of the website to see if payments have been stopped and it’s a straightforward process to restart them if someone wishes to do so.
    Last edited by Daniel 1875; 17-06-2020 at 07:26 AM.

Daniel - are you guys picking up enquiries through the website?

Quote Originally Posted by 3pm View Post
    Daniel - are you guys picking up enquiries through the website?
    I’m not personally but Jim is looking after the website and email address - if you don’t get a reply/help you need let me know and I can pass on to the guys on the board.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel 1875 View Post
    Hi Phil, there appears to be a groundswell of overriding support on this thread and others with a large number of people starting or increasing their donations.

Hibernian Supporters are the second biggest shareholder in the club and for that reason it can’t be ‘ripped up and started again’. There are no shares to purchase in the club under Ron Gordon’s ownership and as a result attentions have turned to raising funds for the football club by way of regular fan donations.

The website, social media and payment systems are already in place and would take time to replace or rebrand if there was a desire to do so. With some confusion or lack or awareness over the years it may not be the best idea to put a new initiative in front of people.

The guys on the board are aware of issues with website information and they’re working on updating this, I’ve volunteered some time while on furlough from work to improve to social media output and comms.

The issues with direct debit mandates comes from an issue with GoCardless, a frustrating problem but one that is being dealt with - it’s an easy check to make via the ‘My account’ page of the website to see if payments have been stopped and it’s a straightforward process to restart them if someone wishes to do so.
    Hi mate thanks for the reply, in hindsight, "pigs ear" might have been too strong, you guys are doing your best.
    I read a couple of replies that have said they didnt realise their DD had been stopped for over a year, thats alot of money, with DD,s you shouldnae have to check if its still being made, maybe an automatic email to say your DD term has ended, to extend click here, done. Anyhoos good luck.

Daniel. Is the email re mandate getting issued to all HSL members, i posted several emails to HSL, and on some posts on here, now i know that Jim cant reply to all the problems, im a wee bit older now and perhaps i did something wrong when i tried to upgrade my payments, but i just want to know if my problem has been looked at.
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by BT58 View Post
    Daniel. Is the email re mandate getting issued to all HSL members, i posted several emails to HSL, and on some posts on here, now i know that Jim cant reply to all the problems, im a wee bit older now and perhaps i did something wrong when i tried to upgrade my payments, but i just want to know if my problem has been looked at.
    Brian
    Hi Brian, the email was sent to all members yesterday so receipt of the email doesn’t mean your payments have stopped.

If you’re able to log in to your account you’ll be able to see what payments have been made and if they’ve stopped it should show on the ‘My account’ page. If they have stopped there’s a link in the email from Jim to get them started again.

If you have any issues checking please let me know.

Just started monthly donations this morning on top of my existing share. Would love to see this picking up with a lot more members coming on board.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxyhibee View Post
    Just started monthly donations this morning on top of my existing share. Would love to see this picking up with a lot more members coming on board.
    So would I have just read that FOH have had 200 new pledges in the last 24 hours surely we can do it too

Quote Originally Posted by Roxyhibee View Post
    Good one and yes we need this groundswell to grow, to build and to help our club.
    We also need to stick two fingers up to everyone else, build a siege mentality to help us get through very difficult times.
    So to all Hibs supporters, if you can afford it then please contribute what you can.
    As I have said many times before the HSL website etc, etc can all be updated as time goes on what is needed now are contributions.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbydad View Post
    So would I have just read that FOH have had 200 new pledges in the last 24 hours surely we can do it too
    Fake news but even so I am sure that Hibs can do better, we just need to get the word out there, for the price of a cup o coffee each week we can help our club through this and we can also help the club grow.

@hibs.net private member Sean1875's Avatar
    Just signed up for the first time now - feels good

Quote Originally Posted by Sean1875 View Post
    Just signed up for the first time now - feels good
    👏 This content right here 👏

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by A Hi-Bee View Post
    Fake news but even so I am sure that Hibs can do better, we just need to get the word out there, for the price of a cup o coffee each week we can help our club through this and we can also help the club grow.
    Help grow, but more importantly right now - help survive!

We've always maintained that FoH had the success that they've had because of the urgency of their situation.

I think it's evident that we have an urgent situation of our own now, time to forget the trivial reasons for not getting behind HSL and just bite the bullet and donate (if you can afford to).
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Daniel, you have a PM.
    Brian

I've donated £15. I'll do the same each month I can afford to 👍

Paid my initial subs a few years back so my name is on this seasons 3rd strip. Just started up another £10 a month.

I joined HSL after chatting to Amit, one of the fans reps at an event in the Famous Five one day about 4 years ago.
    I had no intention of signing up but the great Ally MacLeod was there and Amit introduced me to him. Ally was one of my heroes growing up, and I got such a buzz blethering to him, I signed up there and then and have been contributing ever since.
    To compensate, I had a look at all my bills and was able to save money on my Sky account so I actually ended up better off.
    If you have time, it's worth phoning around insurance companies/utilities etc and if you can save a few bob then why not pass it on to HSL if you can afford it?
    GGTTH

Daniel. Thanks for all your help
    Brian

@hibs.net private member Benny Brazil's Avatar
    Just restarted my dd £18.75 a month - it was easy to do and only took a few minutes - would be good to see some info on how many subscribers we have had to help push fans into joining - create some buzz about it like the club do with the season tickets - if we can get 8k season ticket holders we can surely get near that in monthly subscribers to HSL

First Team Breakthrough
    Daniel a couple of points:

1 Are you sure all members received the email because I did not. However I emailed Jim early yesterday morning so that may have a bearing on it.

2 If you are not already doing so I would suggest you make payments to the club monthly for cash flow purposes

I hope our support will rally round if possible at this difficult time