hibs.net Messageboard

Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Official HSL

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by HendoDelivered View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone on here not signed up yet but planning to?
    Yes. I joined way back at the start and I’m a fan of increased fan shareholding to at least 26%. Was disappointed the share transfer scheme stopped by Ron and I stopped contributing a few months ago. I’ll start again this month and increase it a bit. Great to see more enthusiasm for it even though no shares. Hopefully that might change and those who are not in favour of share transfers and those who are can both be accommodated whilst all the dough goes to the playing budget.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chippy View Post
    Yes. I joined way back at the start and I’m a fan of increased fan shareholding to at least 26%. Was disappointed the share transfer scheme stopped by Ron and I stopped contributing a few months ago. I’ll start again this month and increase it a bit. Great to see more enthusiasm for it even though no shares. Hopefully that might change and those who are not in favour of share transfers and those who are can both be accommodated whilst all the dough goes to the playing budget.
    I feel the same way mate re: shares, was a bit gutted when that rug was swept out from under our feet... hopefully it will be revisited

for now the way I see it the most important thing is to see the club through this difficult period and that’s why I’ve reinstated my direct debit after cancelling it months ago for the same reason as yourself

@hibs.net private member
    This is my scenario too

@hibs.net private member Lmc2105's Avatar
    It’s not something that I thought I would have an Interest in. However now I know that all the money goes into the playing squad I signed up this morning. Was also quite humbled the fact we raised that amount of money.

@hibs.net private member Gerard's Avatar
    I am one of the original contributors to HS. I stopped last month and when the club's financial position was made clear I restarted my contributions to HS. This is a very efficient way to help our club. I hope many people will be able to give as much money as they can afford to do so to HS, who will then make it possible to spend more money on our team making it as competitive as possible. The HS directors are doing good work on behalf of HS.

First Team Breakthrough
    It is not that simple chippy the entire authorised share capital has been bought up The only way would be for indiviual shareholders to sell their shares to HSL but the board is currently blocking such transactions.My own opinion is we should have a rights issue in the meantime it is important to support the club

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    I genuinely hope as many folk as possible get on board with this now.

This is the difference between doing something to get the club we want, and hoping that an owner is going you give us the club we want.

One outcome we can control, the other we can’t.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I genuinely hope as many folk as possible get on board with this now.

This is the difference between doing something to get the club we want, and hoping that an owner is going you give us the club we want.

One outcome we can control, the other we can’t.
    Just caught up with the last Longbangers - excellent to hear from Jim and that alot of the movement for greatly contributions were coming from yhe fans and not the club

Me, will be restarting contributions on the 15th.

6 members of the Vancouver Hibs Supporters Club signed up today - a great example of fans using Hibernian Supporters to help the club from afar

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel 1875 View Post
    6 members of the Vancouver Hibs Supporters Club signed up today - a great example of fans using Hibernian Supporters to help the club from afar
    Outstanding.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Top stuff. Well done, the far flung hibees.

@hibs.net private member Leithenhibby's Avatar
    Brilliant, another example of what we can achieve when we pull together.

Glory Glory 💚💚

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    That is brilliant

@hibs.net private member
    Whilst the FOH and HSL are not comparable for a number of reasons (one for the prior being their near extinction) the below does show the difference in monthly contributions. Over £100k per month / £1.2m per annum. That’s a significant percentage of annual turnover.

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Rhoades View Post
    Whilst the FOH and HSL are not comparable for a number of reasons (one for the prior being their near extinction) the below does show the difference in monthly contributions. Over £100k per month / £1.2m per annum. That’s a significant percentage of annual turnover.

I thought they contributed around £200K per month, so based on that our target is a lot smaller than I originally thought

What difference does it make to us what Hearts fans are contributing to their club?

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    What difference does it make to us what Hearts fans are contributing to their club?

Gives us an indication what extra income we could generate for our. If we had around a similar amount of contributors presumably

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    Gives us an indication what extra income we could generate for our. If we had around a similar amount of contributors presumably

Throwing 100k in Hearts each month...could just burn their cash, involves less steps and same outcome. Pretty sure they've reached indoctrination/cult levels of dedication, what sane person would keep pumping money into their football club every month while witnessing them signing successions of garbage players. Relegation again as well 😂

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    Throwing 100k in Hearts each month...could just burn their cash, involves less steps and same outcome. Pretty sure they've reached indoctrination/cult levels of dedication, what sane person would keep pumping money into their football club every month while witnessing them signing successions of garbage players. Relegation again as well 😂
    well, I suppose they’re going to own the club soon, so with that comes extra responsibility to keep investing. Because, being hearts, they’ll never live sustainably within their means. They never do.

its an extraordinary amount of money that they’ve raised and continue to raise, and they deserve credit for that, but really, if I was a hearts fan I’d be furious about how much money has been wasted. It’s scandalous, yet they prefer playing the victim card rather than directing their anger where it belongs....at budge, Levein and the rest of them

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pagan Hibernia View Post
    well, I suppose they’re going to own the club soon, so with that comes extra responsibility to keep investing. Because, being hearts, they’ll never live sustainably within their means. They never do.

its an extraordinary amount of money that they’ve raised and continue to raise, and they deserve credit for that, but really, if I was a hearts fan I’d be furious about how much money has been wasted. It’s scandalous, yet they prefer playing the victim card rather than directing their anger where it belongs....at budge, Levein and the rest of them
    They are a perfect example of why fan ownership can be a worrying prospect. They do deserve some credit for the money they've donated. However, I cant comprehend how they've visibly witnessed their money being flushed down the drain with hopeless managers and hopeless players and yet the rest of the footballing world is to blame for their woes. Exactly what you say.

It is cult-like behaviour. I'll be honest, I won't keep my Hibs Supporters direct debit going if the club is grossly mismanaged. Hibs mean a lot to me but I'm not making sacrifices to hand over money to be thrown away. Mistakes can happen but Hearts have been consistently going backward at great expense.

Should you be commended for supporting mismanagement and blaming everyone else for your woes? No. That's where I am tbh...blaming Dundee United is just delusional stuff.

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    They are a perfect example of why fan ownership can be a worrying prospect. They do deserve some credit for the money they've donated. However, I cant comprehend how they've visibly witnessed their money being flushed down the drain with hopeless managers and hopeless players and yet the rest of the footballing world is to blame for their woes. Exactly what you say.

It is cult-like behaviour. I'll be honest, I won't keep my Hibs Supporters direct debit going if the club is grossly mismanaged. Hibs mean a lot to me but I'm not making sacrifices to hand over money to be thrown away. Mistakes can happen but Hearts have been consistently going backward at great expense.

Should you be commended for supporting mismanagement and blaming everyone else for your woes? No. That's where I am tbh...blaming Dundee United is just delusional stuff.
    Absolutely agree with this point and I make it regularly whilst laughing at the chumps over the road.

Long live Queen Anne!

The incentive for Hibs fans is possibly that we're fairly sure our money wouldn't be mismanaged then?

We all know that FOH was created out of necessity but it's still pretty impressive they've managed to maintain the level of contributions they have and it looks as if it'll continue once fan ownership goes through. Hopefully this will snowball for us too now that's there a sense of fans feeling good about helping out.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrekko View Post
    The incentive for Hibs fans is possibly that we're fairly sure our money wouldn't be mismanaged then?

We all know that FOH was created out of necessity but it's still pretty impressive they've managed to maintain the level of contributions they have and it looks as if it'll continue once fan ownership goes through. Hopefully this will snowball for us too now that's there a sense of fans feeling good about helping out.
    I'd suggest for all fans you should stop donating to a football club if you think your money is just being thrown away, people are likely making sacrifices to donate, I mean even £10-£20 a month is hundreds over a year. At the moment Hibs seem to be going about this the right way, not putting bank details on the website and not keeping a Levein type figure in an advisary role while still taking money from fans.

Fans should help their club in order to get greater output on the park or for community initatives. They certainly shouldn't fund failure which Hearts fans have. It's their money, it's their choice. Imagine what good that money may have done to the Gorgie area rather than fund more ridiculous signings.

Fan ownership will likely end in disaster, if politics is any guide. Imagine a big decision which splits the fan-base 55/45 and gets voted through...maybe they would still play the victim card on this one as well, Dundee United to blame?

As I said, I would stop my donations if Hibs had such longterm mismanagement and failure - we aren't doing great but we haven't had such levels of money flying out the door for garbage players, overpriced/late stand project, all of which cultimating in another relegation. It's their money to flush though, just think it is madness and wouldn't be something I'd do for Hibs. I'll persevere and help as much as I can, I certainly won't be emotionally manipulated to live with my head up my posterior though.

If anything we are in a better position to support Hibs Supporters - we haven't be indoctrinated with staunchness, still appears to be respect of individuality and the financial problems that we are all enduring.

Throwing 100k in Hearts each month...could just burn their cash, involves less steps and same outcome. Pretty sure they've reached indoctrination/cult levels of dedication, what sane person would keep pumping money into their football club every month while witnessing them signing successions of garbage players. Relegation again as well
    But they still do it
    But my point is if we want to raise more money in the present circumstances for our club to use to pay players wages to assist club sign players ,then it gives us an idea of what can be generated and hopefully we don’t waste it like them

@hibs.net private member Gerard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    But they still do it
    But my point is if we want to raise more money in the present circumstances for our club to use to pay players wages to assist club sign players ,then it gives us an idea of what can be generated and hopefully we don’t waste it like them

The more money donated the potentially more chance of getting a good team of players

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post

When Hibs fans ask how Hearts can afford player A and Hibs can't

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Throwing 100k in Hearts each month...could just burn their cash, involves less steps and same outcome. Pretty sure they've reached indoctrination/cult levels of dedication, what sane person would keep pumping money into their football club every month while witnessing them signing successions of garbage players. Relegation again as well
    It's not how much you've got,it's what you do with it and Hearts recent achievements are a brilliant shining example to the rest of us just what can be achieved if you give a lot of well intentioned donations to the wrong board of directors.

Looks like they're planning more of it which is pleasing. Let's do our own thing and not use them as an example of anything to aspire to.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    I'd suggest for all fans you should stop donating to a football club if you think your money is just being thrown away, people are likely making sacrifices to donate, I mean even £10-£20 a month is hundreds over a year. At the moment Hibs seem to be going about this the right way, not putting bank details on the website and not keeping a Levein type figure in an advisary role while still taking money from fans.

Fans should help their club in order to get greater output on the park or for community initatives. They certainly shouldn't fund failure which Hearts fans have. It's their money, it's their choice. Imagine what good that money may have done to the Gorgie area rather than fund more ridiculous signings.

Fan ownership will likely end in disaster, if politics is any guide. Imagine a big decision which splits the fan-base 55/45 and gets voted through...maybe they would still play the victim card on this one as well, Dundee United to blame?

As I said, I would stop my donations if Hibs had such longterm mismanagement and failure - we aren't doing great but we haven't had such levels of money flying out the door for garbage players, overpriced/late stand project, all of which cultimating in another relegation. It's their money to flush though, just think it is madness and wouldn't be something I'd do for Hibs. I'll persevere and help as much as I can, I certainly won't be emotionally manipulated to live with my head up my posterior though.

If anything we are in a better position to support Hibs Supporters - we haven't be indoctrinated with staunchness, still appears to be respect of individuality and the financial problems that we are all enduring.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Rhoades View Post

I realise the pledges are voluntary however if you think about it most if not all of these guya are season ticket holders as well.

Essentially these guys are effectively paying between £500-£800 a season for what. A **** team, playing ****, **** low league positions and now relegated.

Fools and their money....