hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Official HSL

HSL. Ive sent you several emails, i tried to change my subs to a higher amount but for some reason my original sub was cancelled. Leaving me with a lower payment, ive since cancelled that and went with a higher amount, but had an email that you will take 2 amounts from my bank, a week apart. Confused....yip totally.
    B

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think also the old regime were wary of it. Petrie was never keen on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Does not look like the current regime are either.

I feel sorry for Jim and the few others who help. Hibs really should step up and give this a re-brand IF they genuinely have any interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    God, I sound like a right moaning faced git today (or maybe just more moaning faced than usual) but the content of the website is seriously out of date.

For instance:

"Have your say in our club

You and every supporter can have a greater voice in Hibernian. Each donation made allows us to buy shares in Hibs. As our shareholding grows, we can have more influence and impact. Collectively, we become owners of our Club. "

The new aim of HSL is really commendable but maybe you could update stuff like that, and also check the issues people are having with usability and stuff (Iggy mentioned a problem changing the level of donations).

It probably all seems minor but it honestly would help.

We’ve had a good trawl through the website today with a view to getting the information and images updated. Rest assured the board and other volunteers are working on many of the points raised in this thread and others and the support is much appreciated.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringothedog View Post
    HSL
    Can you let me know how I change my email address that my account is linked to.
    This is a perfect example of what's wrong, a email address change should be the most straight forward & routine operation, we all do it every day online yet here we have someone having to ask how it's done.

Left by mutual consent!
    Would be interesting to see how many folk sign up.

Nows a time for positivity and get right behind HSL and the club

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    Sorry, that's not a good argument at all.

There are countless ways, especially through social media and the creative (and innovative) supporters we have - for example those that generate ideas for new strips - to revitlaise HSL and give it a real 'brand' and focus going forward. All they need do is reach out and there'll no doubt be plenty of talented people, who support the club and have expertise in marketing and media, who would be more than happy to give up time and ideas.

That is such a defeatist and negative post in my opinion. If ever there was a time to reach out, form some kind of creative working group, it's now. Has nothing to do with how much has been pledged so far. How do you think the voluntary sector and countless organisations move with the times Franck (with no money) ? There's plenty of examples of how organisations have promoted themselves with little or no financial income and reaped the rewards - it works if people have the energy, passion, expertise and skillset that they are willing to share for the common goal.
    Your last sentence is key. We've had numerous pleas over the years for fans with the experience, knowledge and the talent to take HSL on to the next level but it has never materialised. Sorry if that sounds negative but that's the reality. If we don't get more significant professional input HSL is unlikely to really kick on.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel 1875 View Post
    We’ve had a good trawl through the website today with a view to getting the information and images updated. Rest assured the board and other volunteers are working on many of the points raised in this thread and others and the support is much appreciated.
    That's a very promising and positive start Daniel

You could even use this thread as a marker - for example, posters who feel comfortable post up a short clip, vlog, gif, whatever, showing they are supporting HSL and have pledged ?

Or create a page online........or space on the website for people to leave messages and posts about why they have donated..........'my pledge to Hibs is........and a sentimental reason, game they remember, family moment, etc. etc.'

It's fantastic what you are doing let's give this some momentum

Now is the Time,

If you can afford to invest a wee bit more into our great club then please do so, the ifs, buts etc, can all wait for later, the website can be updated later.
    Now is the Time

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_Franck View Post
    Your last sentence is key. We've had numerous pleas over the years for fans with the experience, knowledge and the talent to take HSL on to the next level but it has never materialised. Sorry if that sounds negative but that's the reality. If we don't get more significant professional input HSL is unlikely to really kick on.
    It wasn't a personal dig at you Franck and apologies if it did come across like that - genuinely sorry bud.

I honestly don't think you need a glossy marketing plan, just the energy of the support and tapping into the skills many have, and many don't think they have, and using social media in particular as a key to tap into peoples mindset.

I think the development of a working group would be a great way forward - that way, ideas are shared, skills are known, and you can plan a way forward that is sustainable and inclusive.

@hibs.net private member The Spaceman's Avatar

There are countless ways, especially through social media and the creative (and innovative) supporters we have - for example those that generate ideas for new strips - to revitlaise HSL and give it a real 'brand' and focus going forward. All they need do is reach out and there'll no doubt be plenty of talented people, who support the club and have expertise in marketing and media, who would be more than happy to give up time and ideas.

That is such a defeatist and negative post in my opinion. If ever there was a time to reach out, form some kind of creative working group, it's now. Has nothing to do with how much has been pledged so far. How do you think the voluntary sector and countless organisations move with the times Franck (with no money) ? There's plenty of examples of how organisations have promoted themselves with little or no financial income and reaped the rewards - it works if people have the energy, passion, expertise and skillset that they are willing to share for the common goal.
    Spot on. Even campaigns such as getting your name added to the Hibs 3rd kit were damp squibs despite being a sure-fire fan attraction, as they were simply not promoted properly. Need to deliver much more engaging content and completely refresh the brand. How about renaming it "We Are Hibs" and tying in with the 2020/21 club campaign? The lack of joined-up thinking between the club and HSL is painful. It really holds HSL back.
    Last edited by The Spaceman; 16-06-2020 at 06:52 PM.

Are you throwing your hat in ring even if it is just to act as an advocate?

Wish I could help but have very limited skills and my getup and go, got up and went sometime ago. I do make a donation and will encourage others to do so if they have spare cash.

@hibs.net private member
    You guys are doing a great job. Is this something the fans rep could be taking forward to the club as well. After yesterday’s announcement from the club there is a sense of urgency/momentum building. We don’t want to miss this opportunity to pull together the supporters and the club #WeAreAllHibs

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    Are you throwing your hat in ring even if it is just to act as an advocate?

Wish I could help but have very limited skills and my getup and go, got up and went sometime ago. I do make a donation and will encourage others to do so if they have spare cash.
    Absolutely Sammy - not sure what my skill set is but I'm absolutely up for being part of something that could generate funds, sustainable funds, for the club. Not on it myself, but social media is vital these days to generate ideas and support - yes, you need a tagline and brand, but the club has fantastic supporters from all walks of life, around the world, and if that can be capitalised on, then the clubs funds and HSL membership - in my opinion - will flourish and grow.

Anyone making any kind of donation is a star bud so good on you......and you'll be skilled at something

It wasn't a personal dig at you Franck and apologies if it did come across like that - genuinely sorry bud.

I honestly don't think you need a glossy marketing plan, just the energy of the support and tapping into the skills many have, and many don't think they have, and using social media in particular as a key to tap into peoples mindset.

I think the development of a working group would be a great way forward - that way, ideas are shared, skills are known, and you can plan a way forward that is sustainable and inclusive.
    No worries, I think we agree that HSL would really benefit from additional expertise and more hands on deck. Their social media presence in particular is almost non-existent. Previous requests for fans to get more involved doesn't seem to have changed much, but maybe now it's different. Maybe for various reasons people have more time to volunteer their skills and expertise to push this on now. Fingers crossed anyway.

For anyone that wants to donate the direct link is www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk/donate/

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    Restarted my direct debits today.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    Have you tried it? Its not that hard if you can log in.
    OK. When I go to update am I putting in my increment or my new total? Which did you do?

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    OK. When I go to update am I putting in my increment or my new total? Which did you do?
    The amount selected should be the new total.

The amount selected should be the new total.
    Done. Do I get an email or confirmation now from Go Cardless?

I signed up yesterday £10 per month. Not loads but this is exactly the right time to make some form of contribution.

I'm back on a full wage this month so have restarted my DD. Every little helps.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Yes I believe you should get an email from GoCardless confirming the new amount.

Yes I believe you should get an email from GoCardless confirming the new amount.
    Sound, I’ll watch for that but I never hear anything from them month to month.

The good news is, there look to be a few on the other thread taking the same initiative.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by The Spaceman View Post
    I just wish HSL was a much slicker operation. At the moment it feels more like fans standing with buckets outside the stadium. I get these people are doing it out of the goodness of their own hearts and do deserve praise, but it would benefit MASSIVELY from a professional touch. I do not contribute yet and feel the lack of professionalism (therefore trust) behind it is a huge factor.

Much more likely to get my money if run on a par with FOH and AberDNA which, let’s face it, have promoted their cause 100x better. Harsh I know, but true.
    I'd really urge you to see past that, you know why they're taking money and why it's important - realistically, how often will you be visiting the website etc - if you're in a position to and would be donating if the website was a bit better, it's really in everyone's interests to see past that and contribute.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

First Team Breakthrough
    I've just upped mines today. For anyone changing be careful as it sets up a new DD (cancels the old one) but seems to change the date of when it'll collect. Mines used to collect on the 2nd but is now going to collect in 6 days time (22nd).

Left by mutual consent!
    Thats incorrect. I would counter that and say the motivation the other way sometimes isn’t there.

We need to come as one now more than ever. Again I’ll volunteer for what I can from replying to emails to changing web formats, my work as others is incredibly slow just now and in a fortunate position of being paid fully. The help is 100% out there and if the club could officially for once back the HSL we could have something special. Instead we have 100s if excuses all the time.
    Last edited by The 90+2; 16-06-2020 at 07:34 PM.

Absolutely Sammy - not sure what my skill set is but I'm absolutely up for being part of something that could generate funds, sustainable funds, for the club. Not on it myself, but social media is vital these days to generate ideas and support - yes, you need a tagline and brand, but the club has fantastic supporters from all walks of life, around the world, and if that can be capitalised on, then the clubs funds and HSL membership - in my opinion - will flourish and grow.

Anyone making any kind of donation is a star bud so good on you......and you'll be skilled at something

Aye. I got two as I upped my amount as well.

@hibs.net private member
    Could they look at actually spending some of the money received on a “campaign”. So for example, spend £5k on a marketing drive that in turn brings in an additional £15k in donations?

Figures used above are for illustration purposes however could there be potential to “speculate to accumulate?” There is always the risk that spending the £5k doesn’t return as much as expected or potentially even anything at all but I suppose my questions are:

Can it be done or would there need to be changes to articles etc to allow it to happen?
    Would donators be happy for their money to be used in this way to try and drive an incremental increase in donations?
    Is the motivation there from those within HSL to drive this or volunteers that could support?

Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    Could they look at actually spending some of the money received on a “campaign”. So for example, spend £5k on a marketing drive that in turn brings in an additional £15k in donations?

Figures used above are for illustration purposes however could there be potential to “speculate to accumulate?” There is always the risk that spending the £5k doesn’t return as much as expected or potentially even anything at all but I suppose my questions are:

Can it be done or would there need to be changes to articles etc to allow it to happen?
    Would donators be happy for their money to be used in this way to try and drive an incremental increase in donations?
    Is the motivation there from those within HSL to drive this or volunteers that could support?
    There are probably a few professional marketeers on here. Its a voluntary organisation and if a few folk put their heads together for a few hours I’m sure a successful campaign/relaunch could be born. No point wasting money if we have people prepared to give up a few hours of their time.

*I’m not a marketeer by the way.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    There are probably a few professional marketeers on here. Its a voluntary organisation and if a few folk put their heads together for a few hours I’m sure a successful campaign/relaunch could be born. No point wasting money if we have people prepared to give up a few hours of their time.

*I’m not a marketeer by the way.
    It wasn’t so much about the time aspect. More around spend as in leaflets, advertising (radio, newspapers etc), a postal campaign, spend £100 you get something in return.

Was just a thought if there could be more done to drive it in different ways