hibs.net Messageboard

Page 30 of 36 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Official HSL

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    £75k since the start of the year. Invaluable.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Gerard's Avatar
    HSL continues to give our club useful money at a time when times are tough for many people

Great stuff. Well done to everyone involved.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

If you can afford it but aren't in HSL yet, please give it serious thought.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Did the winners of the prizes for the £100k Hampden initiative ever get announced?
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did the winners of the prizes for the £100k Hampden initiative ever get announced?
    I’m still waiting for my prize for winning a competition.

Directors Box seats and a meeting with the manager.Hecky was the manager at the time !

Too be fair, my game for the directors box was the St Johnstone match ,postponed in March last year 😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Yep

https://hiberniansupporters.co.uk/hampden100k-winners-announced/

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    Yep

https://hiberniansupporters.co.uk/hampden100k-winners-announced/
    Cheers Dave -couldn’t recall seeing anything about it!
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

on the subject of HSL, I notice the totaliser on the website doesn’t look like it has been updated for a couple of months, it’s 70 or 80k short by the looks of it (by my calculations).

little things like that slow the momentum of the campaign. People like to see a regularly updated website with a healthy ever-growing donations figure. It should be done every month on the day the latest figures are announced

@hibs.net private member JohnMcM's Avatar
    I’m fast losing interest in continuing to donate. Little or no acknowledgement and even less (so it seems) support from the club itself.

Tell why and if I am wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan Hibernia View Post
    on the subject of HSL, I notice the totaliser on the website doesn’t look like it has been updated for a couple of months, it’s 70 or 80k short by the looks of it (by my calculations).

little things like that slow the momentum of the campaign. People like to see a regularly updated website with a healthy ever-growing donations figure. It should be done every month on the day the latest figures are announced
    We’ll get this sorted, thanks for flagging

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMcM View Post
    I’m fast losing interest in continuing to donate. Little or no acknowledgement and even less (so it seems) support from the club itself.

now this I don’t agree with. There has been plenty of acknowledgment from HSL and the club recently.

what sort of acknowledgment would you like?

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan Hibernia View Post
    now this I don’t agree with. There has been plenty of acknowledgment from HSL and the club recently.

what sort of acknowledgment would you like?
    Cmon guys partime supporters and donaters like me are fed up wi this in fighting get it sorted!

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar

Tin hat on. I’m going in. This really gets on my thrupnies and maybe that’s the OPs point but I’m biting.

[rant on]

I guess folks are just wired differently and probably thank God for that but I really never understood this thinking.

I contributed to Club86 i contribute to HSL.
    Maybe some might call it “blind faith” but it’s going to the greater good of the club.

I don’t donate for :

* Blue Peter Totalisers (does that really motivate?)
    I’m not sure but keep an open mind no harm
    * To get acknowledgement from the club or owner
    * On the basis that the club must publicise it
    * To have a “how long is your schlong competition” with Hearts

This has already been raised before and I find it teadiously predictable and yawnsville.

Since there was talk of a fighting fund to but Sparky for £150k in the days of Pat Fenlon time and again on Hibs.net we’ve had folks calling for ways to donate to the club.

The club have a number or avenues to donate in return for something - ST: Stones / Lotto to name but a few.

Since then we’ve had Kicks For Kids and now HSL. Yet still the bleating.

FFS people.

[rant off]

Peace out.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Counter now updated. As a fanbase we have donated £362,782.79 via Hibernian Supporters to our club since Ron Gordon’s takeover.

It’s a feat which does not go unnoticed by Ron and everyone at the club. RG, Jack Ross, the players, backroom team and everyone at HTC & Easter Road are grateful, thankful and humbled by the unwavering support for Hibs - especially over the last year but before then and into the future too.

It’s cash which has directly or indirectly allowed us to strengthen whilst those around us have got weaker, allowed us to hold on to Kevin Nisbet and Ryan Porteous and allowed us to tie down Joe Newell and Josh Doig.

Well done everyone - and keep spreading the word!

Testimonial Due

I'm intrigued by what sort of acknowledgement you're after? Anything more than an email would detract from the purpose of HSL which is raising funds. I would also add that HSL's social media engagement has never been better.
    Last edited by HFC93; 19-03-2021 at 07:00 PM.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    [QUOTE=Viva_Palmeiras;6500861]Tin hat on. I’m going in. This really gets on my thrupnies and maybe that’s the OPs point but I’m biting.
    I don’t donate for :

Iggy Pope writes...
    Pagan brought up the totaliser question and he’s in a very good position to raise it as an issue on here as I know him to be a ridiculously healthy contributor from afar and on here is about the only way he gets a platform to ask.
    You contribute too and for all the right reasons but allow people a question here and there or interest will evaporate outside of what we have.
    Club acknowledgement isn’t much of an ask. Shouldn’t have to ask.

The stuff about schlong contests let’s your post down IMO.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    We could do with another initiative to remind fans of how important this scheme is for the club. Maybe a small guest appearance on the match programme that would allow a couple of fans to watch a game live. I’m sure that would create a lot of interest with zero cost to the club.

United we stand here....

First Team Breakthrough Cheshire Hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel 1875 View Post
    Counter now updated. As a fanbase we have donated £362,782.79 via Hibernian Supporters to our club since Ron Gordon’s takeover.

It’s a feat which does not go unnoticed by Ron and everyone at the club. RG, Jack Ross, the players, backroom team and everyone at HTC & Easter Road are grateful, thankful and humbled by the unwavering support for Hibs - especially over the last year but before then and into the future too.

It’s cash which has directly or indirectly allowed us to strengthen whilst those around us have got weaker, allowed us to hold on to Kevin Nisbet and Ryan Porteous and allowed us to tie down Joe Newell and Josh Doig.

Well done everyone - and keep spreading the word!
    As a member, glad to see the counter updated albeit only for the RG era.

Why does it also not show the total HSL has contributed to the club which is still only mentioned on the '#Club Together' page. It's over £1m and probably closer to £1.1m. I know that pre RG, HSL received shares for its contribution but even then the cash was used for the playing budget, exactly as it is today. It would be more powerful if the £1m+ figure was displayed prominently.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheshire Hibby View Post
    As a member, glad to see the counter updated albeit only for the RG era.

Why does it also not show the total HSL has contributed to the club which is still only mentioned on the '#Club Together' page. It's over £1m and probably closer to £1.1m. I know that pre RG, HSL received shares for its contribution but even then the cash was used for the playing budget, exactly as it is today. It would be more powerful if the £1m+ figure was displayed prominently.
    I believe it was decided at the time that the two figures should be kept separate on the ‘totaliser’.

£770,000 was raised to buy the 15.4% of the club that Hibernian Supporters own, with the total displayed on the counter representing the money donated to the club for nothing in return since the takeover.

It was felt that it was important to make clear the first sum was used to purchase shares, with the funds which followed the takeover being donated to the club by monthly donation.

I believe it was decided at the time that the two figures should be kept separate on the ‘totaliser’.

£770,000 was raised to buy the 15.4% of the club that Hibernian Supporters own, with the total displayed on the counter representing the money donated to the club for nothing in return since the takeover.

It was felt that it was important to make clear the first sum was used to purchase shares, with the funds which followed the takeover being donated to the club by monthly donation.
    Hi Daniel

Thanks for the explanation. Not trying to be devisive, however my view is that HSL is missing publicity by only showing on the 'totaliser' the amount donated since RG took control. That is simply not the full amount provided to the club by HSL since HSL formed, all of which was for the playing budget irrespective of whether shares were acquired or not.

Just for the record, glad to see also that there are supporters like you volunteering to help promote HSL.

GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by Cheshire Hibby View Post
    Hi Daniel

Thanks for the explanation. Not trying to be devisive, however my view is that HSL is missing publicity by only showing on the 'totaliser' the amount donated since RG took control. That is simply not the full amount provided to the club by HSL since HSL formed, all of which was for the playing budget irrespective of whether shares were acquired or not.

Just for the record, glad to see also that there are supporters like you volunteering to help promote HSL.

GGTTH
    You make a good point. I’ve just added it to the homepage in a couple of places because as you say it probably wasn’t clear enough before. The counter still displays the funds raised since the takeover but the £1m is now on the homepage as well as on #ClubTogether - thank you
    Last edited by Daniel 1875; 19-03-2021 at 09:05 PM.

You make a good point. I’ve just added it to the homepage in a couple of places because as you say it probably wasn’t clear enough before. The counter still displays the funds raised since the takeover but the £1m is now on the homepage as well as on #ClubTogether - thank you

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    [QUOTE=Iggy Pope;6500892]
    Quote Originally Posted by Viva_Palmeiras View Post
    Tin hat on. I’m going in. This really gets on my thrupnies and maybe that’s the OPs point but I’m biting.
    I don’t donate for :

Iggy Pope writes...
    Pagan brought up the totaliser question and he’s in a very good position to raise it as an issue on here as I know him to be a ridiculously healthy contributor from afar and on here is about the only way he gets a platform to ask.
    You contribute too and for all the right reasons but allow people a question here and there or interest will evaporate outside of what we have.

Fair enough Igg I fair got on my soap box there. Suppose it was a n accumulation over the years.

Whilst I may not need all these things on better clearer reflection it fair that others see how things are building up and the difference the collective makes.

I get that people are interested and maybe without this info may think what’s the point?

The thing with Hearts well folks will compare with Hearts and progress made I guess my pondering is whether such talk drives recruits or whether the people that pass comment are contributors or interested observers - and I suppose no harm in that but the takeaway on reflection after my rant is that these things will help on a number of levels that for me it was the sustainability of interest for the contributors that sticks out.

Soap box away and breathing normally.

Apologies if I revved folks up and to JohnMcM I replied to for only asking a question. We’re all (apart from the Interloping yams) Hibees with the best interests of the club at heart.
    Last edited by Viva_Palmeiras; 20-03-2021 at 06:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post

Iggy Pope writes...

I get the sentiment though. The post he was replying to sounded like it was an excuse to cop out. “Where’s my sticker? I’m no coming back.” Stuff like that bugs me too.

[QUOTE=Viva_Palmeiras;6501065]
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post

Fair enough Igg I fair got on my soap box there. Suppose it was a n accumulation over the years.

Whilst I may not need all these things on better clearer reflection it fair that others see how things are building up and the difference the collective makes.

I get that people are interested and maybe without this info may think what’s the point?

The thing with Hearts well folks will compare with Hearts and progress made I guess my pondering is whether such talk drives recruits or whether the people that pass comment are contributors or interested observers - and I suppose no harm in that but the takeaway on reflection after my rant is that these things will help on a number of levels that for me it was the sustainability of interest for the contributors that sticks out.

Soap box away and breathing normally.

Apologies if I revved folks up and to JohnMcM I replied to for only asking a question. We’re all (apart from the Interloping yams) Hibees with the best interests of the club at heart.
    I am with you on your soapbox post. I thought your comments were fair enough. The bottom line is that we are all wired differently though and it looks like some folk are looking for different things by way of acknowledgement. Hey ho.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    [QUOTE=tamig;6501149]
    Quote Originally Posted by Viva_Palmeiras View Post

I am with you on your soapbox post. I thought your comments were fair enough. The bottom line is that we are all wired differently though and it looks like some folk are looking for different things by way of acknowledgement. Hey ho.
    I’m not looking for anything different T but understand the questions asked of the club who could and should be doing more. They take the money after all.

The totaliser question is a valid one too and harmless enough. Daniel has sorted that it seems.

If John McM (and it’s him alone so far by the way) thinks these are reasons to back out then I too think he’s wrong, but he’s honest about it. The club will hopefully look in and think maybe a couple of initiatives here and there might help stop that and encourage more.

@hibs.net private member JohnMcM's Avatar
    A personal apology to HSL and the Club

I did you a disservice with my earlier post in this thread.

Quite rightly I have been rounded upon by some folks. On reflection and with a mouth full of humble pie I can see that my expectations were selfish.

HSL is a good thing I will continue to support as and when I can.

[QUOTE=Iggy Pope;6501159]
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post

I’m not looking for anything different T but understand the questions asked of the club who could and should be doing more. They take the money after all.

The totaliser question is a valid one too and harmless enough. Daniel has sorted that it seems.

If John McM (and it’s him alone so far by the way) thinks these are reasons to back out then I too think he’s wrong, but he’s honest about it. The club will hopefully look in and think maybe a couple of initiatives here and there might help stop that and encourage more.
    That’s fair enough Ig. Just bugs me when I see folk making veiled threats because of something that seems to be not a very big deal in the grand scheme of things to me.

I do agree the club should be doing a bit more to promote it though. Even getting a small number of additional contributors from the database would make a big difference.

A personal apology to HSL and the Club

I did you a disservice with my earlier post in this thread.

Quite rightly I have been rounded upon by some folks. On reflection and with a mouth full of humble pie I can see that my expectations were selfish.

HSL is a good thing I will continue to support as and when I can.
    Good man 👍