hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Official HSL

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It wasn’t so much about the time aspect. More around spend as in leaflets, advertising (radio etc), a postal campaign, spend £100 you get something in return.

Was just a thought if there could be more done to drive it in different ways
    Chances of HSL teaming up with our since 1875 guys?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member hibee_nation's Avatar
    Will start mine up again next month.
    45 AND RISING

First Team Breakthrough
    Restarted my direct debit today👍🏻 #GGTTH

I can't help the club with season tickets so I'll continue to give what I can through HSL. hopefully we can build something really significant here.

That's me restarted my direct debit. Every little helps.

@hibs.net private member
    I would offer to help too but I`m not sure if I have the adequate skills required. And I`m also sure there must be some kind of Disclosure form you need to fill in as well particularly as it`s finance - I`ll come clean, I used to nick sweets from the pick and mix!

I`ll certainly promote it amongst my friends and if only there was a Hibs based podcast that could mention HSL at the end of end programme ;)

This communication has been shared on the East Lothian Hibs Supporters Club Facebook page too so hopefully a few of our members will join / donate too 👍

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    What sort of help does HSL need?

Email received just now from Hibernian Supporters on how to re-active direct debits etc.

Mandate Update
    Dear Scott

Following the Club announcement yesterday, I can report we have had a significant increase in interest from both existing Members / Donators, as well as new supporters.

Many of our existing Members / Donators have reported problems in their efforts to either resurrect donations or indeed make new one off donations. We have reported this to GoCardless and it seems there have been some occasions where Direct Debit mandates have been made inactive and some Members would prefer these to be reactivated.

Rather than investigate every case, we have taken the view to email every Member / Donator with an "inactive" mandate with a link to allow them to reactivate their mandate with any amount they choose to donate. The purpose of this exercise is to simply bring the mandate to life again.

Please click HERE to reactivate your mandate.

We will be writing again with more information but at this stage we simply want to give everyone the opportunity to access their account and choose their own path going forward.

If you have received this email in error there is no need to take further action.

James Adie
    Chairman

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel 1875 View Post
    We’ve had a good trawl through the website today with a view to getting the information and images updated. Rest assured the board and other volunteers are working on many of the points raised in this thread and others and the support is much appreciated.

Cool

I've just received the following email from Hibernian Supporters:

Mandate Update

Following the Club announcement yesterday, I can report we have had a significant increase in interest from both existing Members / Donators, as well as new supporters.

Many of our existing Members / Donators have reported problems in their efforts to either resurrect donations or indeed make new one off donations. We have reported this to GoCardless and it seems there have been some occasions where Direct Debit mandates have been made inactive and some Members would prefer these to be reactivated.

Rather than investigate every case, we have taken the view to email every Member / Donator with an "inactive" mandate with a link to allow them to reactivate their mandate with any amount they choose to donate. The purpose of this exercise is to simply bring the mandate to life again.

Please click HERE to reactivate your mandate.

We will be writing again with more information but at this stage we simply want to give everyone the opportunity to access their account and choose their own path going forward.

If you have received this email in error there is no need to take further action.

James Adie
    Chairman

I hadn't even noticed that my monthly direct debit had stopped. I certainly didn't stop it and I'd need to go back and see when it became 'inactive' as it's being described. Ytf would monthly direct debits randomly become 'inactive' with gocardless? This is exactly the kind of problem that has held HSL/HS back.

Good to see those involved taking on the advice to jazz it up a little.

Maybe worth posting a post out for help with specific roles ?

It also seems the link with Hibs seems disconnected which is odd considering fans are donating a sizeable chunk of money !!!

Doesn’t really make sense to me - I hope LD and evening KP on here can comment as this is about “Hibs All In”

We are all Hibs
    Future Hibs
    City of Hibs
    Hibs Fans Forever

Just a few possibly ideas of names..Maybe those with better expertise can have something more catchy so all fans know of it.

Also the stadium needs to have branding with it.

A HSL or whatever it’s caller banner on the sears for the closed doors games also !!

£18.75 a month donation done 🇳🇬

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel 1875 View Post
    We’ve had a good trawl through the website today with a view to getting the information and images updated. Rest assured the board and other volunteers are working on many of the points raised in this thread and others and the support is much appreciated.
    Good stuff. Thanks 👍👍

No disrespect to Hibstalk but they have more followers on twitter than HSL. I know it's hardly a good gauge to use but Hibs as a club have over 80k followers on Twitter, if you could convert 10% off them into HSL subscribers we'd be looking at 500k minimum per year extra into our club.

Also maybe get a catchy # on Twitter

#clubtogether is too generic

#allhibs
    #hibstogether
    #hibsfamily

Again just a few quick ideas. Maybe have a vote or something which is most popular.

Finally can they add something about the amount donated on the front page of website - it’s hidden in the about us part and think it would be good to have it more prominent as soon as you log on.
    Last edited by GreenCastle; 16-06-2020 at 08:54 PM.

Really good to see constructive comments and people get behind this. I know it will be seen and laughed at by some for not being the FOH level but any contribution is a welcome one for our clubs regardless of what the high and mighty say.

I’ve pledged for a few years now and will go in and increase it tonight.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Im a contributor to HSL (well enough to have my name of the 3rd strip at least) but at first I was cautious and more than a bit skeptical. Pretty obvious to me the guys running this are very well meaning and committed but limited in terms of marketing and tech. These topics are vital in this day and age.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    I’ve just signed up paying by direct debit. It’s time for those who are able to do a bit more for the club financially to do so.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

Just increased my monthly donation a wee bit. If we all do a little bit it will add up to a big thing.

Enjoying reading the positivity and commitment in this thread.

The power of spreading the good word on this will work.

Great message today - ‘We are working hard to update our website communications in order to best inform the wider fan base of the work of Hibernian Supporters.

For now the message is clear, join thousands of ordinary fans in supporting the club financially to ensure we look forward with pride!’

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Hope club start to control the narrative coming out in the main media by getting our own story out. Imagine not being on the internet and getting your paper and seeing the stuff they are writing about Hibs. Doesn’t paint a pretty picture. I’m aware club will need to be quiet on some of this until discussions with staff are over but looks like club is going to be dragged through the dirt in the meantime.

Important we stick together as fans though.

Ron, we’re backing the club. We expect the same from you, you are a custodian.

Hope to hear a united Hibs and HibsSupporters stance on what is seeming to be a serious survival bid.

Coaching Staff
    A big thanks to the guys who run this in their own time.

What can be done to step this up a level though? Must be worth a bit of investment to raise awareness and make it slicker time get the money in?

There are also lots of offers of help and people might be well placed right now. Is there a way to get an idea of what specific skills or support would make the biggest difference in the coming weeks?

Quote Originally Posted by Power View Post

Great message today - ‘We are working hard to update our website communications in order to best inform the wider fan base of the work of Hibernian Supporters.

For now the message is clear, join thousands of ordinary fans in supporting the club financially to ensure we look forward with pride!’
    KP - can Hibs not take on the promotion, social media etc given all the comments on this thread. Feels like an easy answer to drive far more interest? Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Col2 View Post
    KP - can Hibs not take on the promotion, social media etc given all the comments on this thread. Feels like an easy answer to drive far more interest? Cheers
    Definitely one for the club and HSL to work together on (I touched on this last July - I’ll pick up again with all).

We’re doing a brilliant job of promoting this opportunity open to supporters and there’s room for more ✅

Left by mutual consent!

KP, as we are all meant to be coming to together, has anyone or can anyone as Ron if he’s going to even match the amount that’s now looking like it’s just the support? Surely he has to lead from the front and if he’s being crippled financially at least be honest. Thousands of fans are worried as anything now. Ron Gordon should be assuring the support now, not the opposite.

Left by mutual consent!
    Definitely one for the club and HSL to work together on (I touched on this last July - I’ll pick up again with all).

We’re doing a brilliant job of promoting this opportunity open to supporters and there’s room for more ✅
    “We’re doing brilliant” isn’t the club. It’s the support. What are they actually playing at mate?. Where is LD just now?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Col2 View Post
    Hibernian should be employing Kieran and learn on how to actually gauge the support in every single aspect. There’s a couple of guys on here that we could easily add and Matty and Brian and The Talk Hibs guys. We as a club just seem to always sit still and look now.

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    KP, as we are all meant to be coming to together, has anyone or can anyone as Ron if he’s going to even match the amount that’s now looking like it’s just the support? Surely he has to lead from the front and if he’s being crippled financially at least be honest. Thousands of fans are worried as anything now. Ron Gordon should be assuring the support now, not the opposite.
    Very likely we’ll hear more from Ron and Leeann soon once the dust settles. Everyone is playing their part in this challenge (some more than others given the sensitive conversations) and that includes Ron.

Hibs are modelling themselves to be sustainable in the new world until things change for the better - not reliant on others but goodwill support will help strengthen the position we’ll find ourselves at the other side.

Just doubled my direct debit.

Hopefully anyone who is financially able do so too. It’s becoming increasingly apparent that our club desperately need our help if we’re to remain even remotely competitive in the league, and HSL seems to be the best place to do that.