hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Official HSL

Official HSL

The Club announced yesterday that the financial situation in front of us is unsustainable.
    Like many fans, we have an overwhelming urge to help. By signing up to Hibernian Supporters just now every penny that you donate will go directly to the Club, helping Hibs to get through this difficult trading period. We are the Club’s second largest shareholder and while we are currently unable to obtain any further shares, we are able to help the Club at this unprecedented time. The Club has never needed it’s Supporters more than right now. With your support we can make all the difference, but we need to stand up and be counted.

If you can help, and can we please once again stress only donate funds that you can afford and will not miss , please Donate at www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk

Hibernian Supporters
    Last edited by BroxburnHibee; 16-06-2020 at 05:36 PM. Reason: Fixed the link

2. Log in to remove the advert

Just restarted my donation.

I do wish we could bring this under the club and benefit from the brand and comms/promotion especially at this time.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    HSL
    I’ve been donating in perpetuity since the start and had the odd thing to say about it along the way.
    How easy is it to increase my existing monthly donation as I’m thinking about it.

Absolutely. Get this involved at the club.

The media the last few years has been excellent.

Imagine what they could do with this.

100% of the donations go to the club

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    HSL
    I’ve been donating in perpetuity since the start and had the odd thing to say about it along the way.
    How easy is it to increase my existing monthly donation as I’m thinking about it.
    You should be able to see an ‘Update monthly donation’ option when you log in to your account, which then gives you the option to change the direct debit amount.

HSL - can you and the club not discuss how you can work together to promote this under the Hibs brand?

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Col2 View Post
    HSL - can you and the club not discuss how you can work together to promote this under the Hibs brand?

exactly this.

HSL - I posted on another thread, but this is - sadly in a seriously difficult time for many - a real opportunity to use social media, innovation, and really promote you as a brand/funding stream for the football club, and also highlight what common good it will do (for those that can afford it).

People are using Instagram, Zoom, their own phone video clips.......maybe even a series of 'talking heads' from supporters who contribute and why ? Maybe even a few famous faces to lend their support and do some ?

The work you are doing behind the scenes is commendable but this requires a real marketing push to get people that can, to contribute

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OfficialHSL View Post
    The Club announced yesterday that the financial situation in front of us is unsustainable.
    Like many fans, we have an overwhelming urge to help. By signing up to Hibernian Supporters just now every penny that you donate will go directly to the Club, helping Hibs to get through this difficult trading period. We are the Club’s second largest shareholder and while we are currently unable to obtain any further shares, we are able to help the Club at this unprecedented time. The Club has never needed it’s Supporters more than right now. With your support we can make all the difference, but we need to stand up and be counted.

If you can help, and can we please once again stress only donate funds that you can afford and will not miss , please Donate at www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk

Hibernian Supporters
    HSL

HSL, are you there mate?
    I see on the other thread there is discussion about difficulty experienced when increasing monthly subs.
    Let me know what you think if I’m not being too pushy.

I'll increase my amount again shortly.
    Cougars!!!

HSL, are you there mate?
    I see on the other thread there is discussion about difficulty experienced when increasing monthly subs.
    Let me know what you think if I’m not being too pushy.
    Have you tried it? Its not that hard if you can log in.

@hibs.net private member
    I just signed up today. Despite being a season ticket holder for decades, I was only vaguely aware of HSL and what they did. I now know it is run by volunteers but perhaps some more "aggressive" marketing wouldn't go amiss.

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    yep, there are legions of hibbees desperate to help. It is truly baffling that the club are not more proactive in promoting HSL. If the club cant get behind it themselves (costing themselves probably millions), its really no wonder the takeup has been disappointing.

It would be good if it could get advertised in a way that coincides with the fixtures e.g. donate the price of your away ticket to Hibs. So if we are away to Ross County the fans that would normally go can donate money to the club instead.

@hibs.net private member Gerard's Avatar
    HS has and continues to give our club a lot of money.
    The club needs money and HS plays an important part of giving our club money that it needs.
    G
    Last edited by Gerard; 16-06-2020 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan Hibernia View Post
    yep, there are legions of hibbees desperate to help. It is truly baffling that the club are not more proactive in promoting HSL. If the club cant get behind it themselves (costing themselves probably millions), its really no wonder the takeup has been disappointing.
    This always amazes me. The club seem not too keen on getting themselves some free money? Lending HSL some marketing expertise could pay for itself many times over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

God, I sound like a right moaning faced git today (or maybe just more moaning faced than usual) but the content of the website is seriously out of date.

For instance:

"Have your say in our club

You and every supporter can have a greater voice in Hibernian. Each donation made allows us to buy shares in Hibs. As our shareholding grows, we can have more influence and impact. Collectively, we become owners of our Club. "

The new aim of HSL is really commendable but maybe you could update stuff like that, and also check the issues people are having with usability and stuff (Iggy mentioned a problem changing the level of donations).

It probably all seems minor but it honestly would help.

@hibs.net private member The Spaceman's Avatar
    I just wish HSL was a much slicker operation. At the moment it feels more like fans standing with buckets outside the stadium. I get these people are doing it out of the goodness of their own hearts and do deserve praise, but it would benefit MASSIVELY from a professional touch. I do not contribute yet and feel the lack of professionalism (therefore trust) behind it is a huge factor.

Much more likely to get my money if run on a par with FOH and AberDNA which, let’s face it, have promoted their cause 100x better. Harsh I know, but true.
    Last edited by The Spaceman; 16-06-2020 at 06:17 PM.

@hibs.net private member JohnMcM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OfficialHSL View Post

Hibernian Supporters
    If I want to start a monthly donation having already donated the original £225 do I need to open a new account? Cheers.

Coaching Staff
    Just restarted my donation.

I do wish we could bring this under the club and benefit from the brand and comms/promotion especially at this time.
    It's a strange one, HS seem to be treated as an arms length organisation even though they provide money to the club, the community side of things gets big licks.

Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    It's a strange one, HS seem to be treated as an arms length organisation even though they provide money to the club, the community side of things gets big licks.
    I think HSL being at arms length is probably a legacy of their original purpose of buying shares.

Now that is no longer the case Hibs really should be a bit more proactive about promoting them.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I think HSL being at arms length is probably a legacy of their original purpose of buying shares.

Now that is no longer the case Hibs really should be a bit more proactive about promoting them.
    I think also the old regime were wary of it. Petrie was never keen on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    HS has and continues to give our club a lot of money.
    The club needs money and HS plays an important part of giving our club money that it needs.
    G
    It does but let’s make it better. Surely there are some people out there who can offer free time to help promote it, or surely Hibs can bring it under its own umbrella. Doesn’t need to be a change from HSL but a Hibs brand over it would work big time. This is an open goal.

Quote Originally Posted by The Spaceman View Post
    I just wish HSL was a much slicker operation. At the moment it feels more like fans standing with buckets outside the stadium. I get these people are doing it out of the goodness of their own hearts and do deserve praise, but it would benefit MASSIVELY from a professional touch. I do not contribute yet and feel the lack of professionalism (therefore trust) behind it is a huge factor.

Much more likely to get my money if run on a par with FOH and AberDNA which, let’s face it, have promoted their cause 100x better. Harsh I know, but true.
    Did you ever think that the more people that donate the higher the chance of them being able to be more professional?

Maybe if the donations were higher we wouldn't need to rely on a couple of older guys volunteering a few hours a week to run it.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

Your right, it needs a bit of polish & bright lights treatment to bring it up-to-date,it's a bit amateur night at the Palladium just now. I've every respect for the people currently running the organisation but an approach to Hibs for a closer collaboration might be worthwhile.

@hibs.net private member offshorehibby's Avatar
    It does but let’s make it better. Surely there are some people out there who can offer free time to help promote it, or surely Hibs can bring it under its own umbrella. Doesn’t need to be a change from HSL but a Hibs brand over it would work big time. This is an open goal.
    I know over the years HSL and Jim Aide have asked for people to help whether it be in marketing IT or Admin. I don't think there's been many takers. As well as people taking out subscriptions at last in HSL, maybe this is also the time to reach out for help in certain areas.
    TOP CASH BACK
    The easy way to make money

Quote Originally Posted by offshorehibby View Post
    I know over the years HSL and Jim Aide have asked for people to help whether it be in marketing IT or Admin. I don't think there's been many takers. As well as people taking out subscriptions at last in HSL, maybe this is also the time to reach out for help in certain areas.
    Absolutely so many people with the talent and know how in our support. Unfortunately I'm not one of them 😅

Quote Originally Posted by The Spaceman View Post

Very harsh, if you can afford to and you want to i would urge you to make the leap and support the club.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_Franck View Post
    Did you ever think that the more people that donate the higher the chance of them being able to be more professional?

Maybe if the donations were higher we wouldn't need to rely on a couple of older guys volunteering a few hours a week to run it.
    Sorry, that's not a good argument at all.

There are countless ways, especially through social media and the creative (and innovative) supporters we have - for example those that generate ideas for new strips - to revitlaise HSL and give it a real 'brand' and focus going forward. All they need do is reach out and there'll no doubt be plenty of talented people, who support the club and have expertise in marketing and media, who would be more than happy to give up time and ideas.

That is such a defeatist and negative post in my opinion. If ever there was a time to reach out, form some kind of creative working group, it's now. Has nothing to do with how much has been pledged so far. How do you think the voluntary sector and countless organisations move with the times Franck (with no money) ? There's plenty of examples of how organisations have promoted themselves with little or no financial income and reaped the rewards - it works if people have the energy, passion, expertise and skillset that they are willing to share for the common goal.

Hopefully things start to take shape for the future vision of HSL, as has been mentioned there probably does need to be an updated drive.

In the meantime, this is the absolute best way to support the club outwith the purchase or renewal of a season ticket. The donations go directly into Hibernian's accounts and could go a long way to helping to secure our finances in the current climate.

If you can afford to make a contribution, be it little or small, now is 100% the time to do it.

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    HSL
    Can you let me know how I change my email address that my account is linked to.