hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 218 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There is a certain irony in that two clubs who have had some of the biggest donations to them over a number of years end up at the bottom of the league. Got to be serious questions asked why this is so and a wee bit more self awareness required and an honest acceptance that their current positions are almost exclusively their own doing.
    We have been rubbish but I think our demotion is harsher than hearts.
    We had a game in hand and were 2 points behind the second bottom team. Why did we have the game in hand? Because the SFA asked us to postpone because the opposition were in the cup.
    Also hearts relegation means they lose money but could still survive.
    We on the other hand had teams like Forfar come out and say they were desperate to vote focus down so they could benefit from the size of the away support. Now the same Forfar are saying they want league one to mothball for a season that’s fine for them but it puts our own existence in jeopardy. Clyde are exactly the same.
    The Forfar chairman couldn’t give a stuff about Partick Thistle other than to financially benefit from them(albeit he was stupid to admit it on radio).
    The jags are not interested in a hearts v Hibs rivalry- it’s about fighting potentially for the clubs own existence

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Another ridiculous statement to go with it. Reconstruction should never be about saving 3 clubs from their relegations.

They are confusing so many different issues now from stopping the leagues to reconstruction.

I'm surprised that actual adults, with real money involved, can be looking at legal action as a serious option.
    Thats my take on it all too.

The decision to end season on ppg, therefore relegating those teams was one thing. I think its perfectly reasonable for someone to argue that is/was unfair, although i personally dont see how it can be good enough to decide the prizes but not pitfalls, but the point is its debatable.

The decision by most clubs not to agree to reconstruction that would have been damaging and costly, is another matter. And frankly, it was a ***** proposal, handled and packaged terribly by people without an ounce of the necessary diplomacy required to carry reconstruction in Scottish fitba, which at the best of times is very difficult.

The relegated clubs issue is really with the first decision which is what relegated them, the second decision was simply clubs choosing not enact a rubbish system to bring them back.

But then if they are challenging the ppg decision, they are effectively saying celtic dont deseve title, rangers and motherwell dont deserve Europe, etc etc

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    What is this extremely generous offer that Partick Thistle have taken up? Something very dodgy about that. Surely, any generous offer they receive in this regard needs to be investigated.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by James Stephen View Post
    Her PR company is based in Leith, but i never heard she was a Hibee - assumed from her involvement with Thistle she was one of them?
    I could be wrong, I’m prone to it at times - when she was appointed at Partick someone who I can’t remember told me she was a Hibee and for that I held her in good light even through all this.

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    What is this extremely generous offer that Partick Thistle have taken up? Something very dodgy about that. Surely, any generous offer they receive in this regard needs to be investigated.

Why? It's only an offer to fund a joint legal challenge with Hearts.

If any legal challenge has merit, it'll go ahead. If not, it'll be thrown out pretty soon.

If that Anderson guy wants to waste his money on it, then so be it.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by partickthistle View Post
    We had a game in hand and were 2 points behind the second bottom team. Why did we have the game in hand? Because the SFA asked us to postpone because the opposition were in the cup.
    We on the other hand had teams like Forfar come out and say they were desperate to vote focus down so they could benefit from the size of the away support. Now the same Forfar are saying they want league one to mothball for a season that’s fine for them but it puts our own existence in jeopardy. Clyde are exactly the same.
    The Forfar chairman couldn’t give a stuff about Partick Thistle other than to financially benefit from them(albeit he was stupid to admit it on radio).
    The jags are not interested in a hearts v Hibs rivalry- it’s about fighting potentially for the clubs own existence
    It is a bit harsher yes, so was Hibs dropping to 7th when we could still have made Europe.

However, you were in that position. The weight of the future of the club etc was largely due to finding yourself there and on average you were getting less points than anyone else in the league.

Both Partick and Hearts are trying to deflect their position to being a Covid issue. That was just the thing that crystallised it in the end.

Personally I would have preferred football teams to be relegated on the pitch. This relegation whilst entertaining at points has not been that enjoyable.

Have nothing against Thistle - thing is with Hearts is you just know they will be shouting about being Scottish footballs moral crusaders when in reality this is a convenient way for them to escape a relegation that was staring them in the face, pay off the dross then overspend everyone next season whilst shouting about big teams, 5-1 and Vermin

I fear for Partick getting into bed with Hearts. It won't end well.

@hibs.net private member
    Got a lot of sympathy for Partick Thistle - but why did they not propose 12-12-10-10? Surely only Hertz and ICT would have opposed that.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    It is a bit harsher yes, so was Hibs dropping to 7th when we could still have made Europe.

However, you were in that position. The weight of the future of the club etc was largely due to finding yourself there and on average you were getting less points than anyone else in the league.

Both Partick and Hearts are trying to deflect their position to being a Covid issue. That was just the thing that crystallised it in the end.
    Yup. Hearts were cut adrift.

Fair enough Partick had a game in hand but over the season they’d still been the worst team in the Championship. A bit more sympathy for them but not a lot.

I’m not sure if Partick voted to end the season. However, Hearts did. And they were bottom when they voted for it knowing that would lead to them being relegated.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    Why? It's only an offer to fund a joint legal challenge with Hearts.

If any legal challenge has merit, it'll go ahead. If not, it'll be thrown out pretty soon.

If that Anderson guy wants to waste his money on it, then so be it.
    Well, if it is purely to fund their joint legal challenge then that is fair but how do we know that the generous offer does not consistute a payment for taking a similar stance to Hearts? Hence, why I said investigate source of money. For a club like Partick to mess about with this when their club is likely to need all attention on survival is very strange even with generous offers going around. Partick genuinely think if they don't get relegated everything will be rosy?

We need money to help clubs survive not fight largely meaningless legal battles. Surely outside influence of this level brings the whole game into question? Clubs pandering to outside influence is concerning.

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    I still don't understand why 12,12,10,10 wasn't put forward as an alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by archiecoby View Post
    Personally I would have preferred football teams to be relegated on the pitch. This relegation whilst entertaining at points has not been that enjoyable.

Have nothing against Thistle - thing is with Hearts is you just know they will be shouting about being Scottish footballs moral crusaders when in reality this is a convenient way for them to escape a relegation that was staring them in the face, pay off the dross then overspend everyone next season whilst shouting about big teams, 5-1 and Vermin

Totally agree. The problem was that I don't really see that there was any genuine alternative to what happened.

Scottish Football had to stop, due to Covid-19. They had no idea when they'd be able to start playing again. Most clubs needed the money from final league placings and the only way to achieve that was to call the season early.

Then there was a call for reconstruction, which less than half the clubs were in favour of.

So, the only option left would be to pay out some kind of compensation to all relegated clubs. I think that would be fair enough, but not the millions that some Hearts fans think they deserve.

Left by mutual consent!

Partick are going to, unfairly lose a lot more money than us. They are a different league from hearts when it comes to being treated.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Yup. Hearts were cut adrift.

Fair enough Partick had a game in hand but over the season they’d still been the worst team in the Championship. A bit more sympathy for them but not a lot.

I’m not sure if Partick voted to end the season. However, Hearts did. And they were bottom when they voted for it knowing that would lead to them being relegated.
    No, over the season they where bottom with a game in hand. They win that then over the season that finished they aren’t the worst team in the league.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibby70 View Post
    It still could be. I’m not sure why it’s not been.

Couldn’t Tom English propose it for the betterment of Partick and the highland and lowland clubs and prove he doesn’t just want into Craig Leveins sloppy seconds?

Totally agree. The problem was that I don't really see that there was any genuine alternative to what happened.

Scottish Football had to stop, due to Covid-19. They had no idea when they'd be able to start playing again. Most clubs needed the money from final league placings and the only way to achieve that was to call the season early.

Then there was a call for reconstruction, which less than half the clubs were in favour of.

So, the only option left would be to pay out some kind of compensation to all relegated clubs. I think that would be fair enough, but not the millions that some Hearts fans think they deserve.
    Compensation would likely keep us in existence so that is a win for me and continue to play in league one would be okay as we would be in existence.
    The problem is they were not willing to pay any while the likes of Forfar wanted to benefit from our away support then change their minds and want league one to mothball

There's one very big reason

I have great sympathy for Thistle
    The only reason you had a game in hand was because you accommodated others requests to postpone a fixture.

My only criticism is your board made a fatal mistake trusting Ann Budge.

Had Thistle said "Hearts deserved to go down (which they did), Stranraer deserved to go down (which they did), Kelty & Brora & Falkirk have a case for promotion, and we propose 12-12-10-10" then that would have passed.

Never trust a jambo.

The court case is doomed to fail too.

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    No, over the season they where bottom with a game in hand. They win that then over the season that finished they aren’t the worst team in the league.

Given the fact that they were bottom, because their form was so atrocious, what was the likelihood that they would have won it, though?

Don't get me wrong, I do have sympathy for their position, I'm just not that convinced they were showing signs they were going to recover from that.

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    Well, if it is purely to fund their joint legal challenge then that is fair but how do we know that the generous offer does not consistute a payment for taking a similar stance to Hearts? Hence, why I said investigate source of money. For a club like Partick to mess about with this when their club is likely to need all attention on survival is very strange even with generous offers going around. Partick genuinely think if they don't get relegated everything will be rosy?

We need money to help clubs survive not fight largely meaningless legal battles. Surely outside influence of this level brings the whole game into question? Clubs pandering to outside influence is concerning.
    The money is probably from the Weir family

Left by mutual consent!
    Given the fact that they were bottom, because their form was so atrocious, what was the likelihood that they would have won it, though?

Don't get me wrong, I do have sympathy for their position, I'm just not that convinced they were showing signs they were going to recover from that.
    Probably as good a chance of Hearts turning us over or St Mirren doing Hearts. The point is they still had a game they had postponed to play in another SPFL trophy and got relegated because of it.

Compensation would likely keep us in existence so that is a win for me and continue to play in league one would be okay as we would be in existence.
    The problem is they were not willing to pay any while the likes of Forfar wanted to benefit from our away support then change their minds and want league one to mothball

Yep, I can see the objection to Forfar's position.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Credit to Budge and Hearts' media team and the "pundits". Haven't half done an amazing job of making everyone, but Hearts, culpable for their downfall. Think this is also why they have done well with FOH. Play those tribalistic strings and control the narrative.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Why didn't PTFC propose 12-12-10-10? I think that would have probably gone through. Don't get into bed with the tarts. They do not give a **** about anyone else bar themselves and you will end up as collateral damage if not careful

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    Probably as good a chance of Hearts turning us over or St Mirren doing Hearts. The point is they still had a game they had postponed to play in another SPFL trophy and got relegated because of it.
    I don't think it's fair to say they got relegated because of it - they were relegated due to all the other games they lost in the season that put them bottom at that point. Given their record, nothing to suggest with confidence they'd win the game.

Because Hearts were the driver in this whole piece. Partick even admit in their statement at the weekend that they had held their counsel but felt they needed to speak up at the 11th hour. If you believe you have been impacted by a great injustice you don't wait until the jury is sitting back down to make your case - you do it from day one up until the 11th hour.

Partick Thistle only have themselves to blame, backed Hearts when should have gone alone for 12-12-10-10

So what exactly are Hearts expecting from their legal action?

Are they seeking an inderdict to stop the season starting until they get their way or are they seeking compensation for their 'unfair' relegation.

The clubs in the Premiership (including Hearts?) voted to end the season. They could have followed the same line as the English Premier League and resumed the season.

There were never going to be the votes to restructure at this stage. In fact there wasn't even a majority of clubs wanting to alter the current situation let alone the super-majority needed for such drastic change.

Whater legal redress Hearts are seeking will make them about as popular as a fart at a church service with the rest of the clubs. The lower reaches of the SPFL are likely to be struggling to survive with little prospect of supporters being allowed inside grounds this side of New Year. I suspect that most of the Championship clubs will be in the same boat.

And that's before Hearts' legal adventures. If the Premiership matches are blocked (in the very unlikely even of Hearts getting anywhere) this could put the TV deals at threat. Sky/BT/BBC/Amazon are already screening every EPL match live. They may just decide to continue this into the next season and forget Scottish Football.

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    no league wins in your last 8 games . No wins in 2020 . If that’s not relegation form . Yes on paper it looks harsh but you throw in they stats and you probably would have went down .. Had your chairman not jumped in bed with Budge and instead campaigned for a 12-12-10-10 league set up .
    Id maybe be looking at your chairman as he has done a horrendous job on and off the pitch .imo .
    Last edited by erin go bragh; 16-06-2020 at 03:26 PM.
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH