hibs.net Messageboard

Page 124 of 218 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134174 ... LastLast
Results 3,691 to 3,720 of 6516
    @hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is there any indication when arbitration decision likely to be announced? This week, early next week?
    Nothing mentioned and it looks like very little will be said . I would think late next week might be possible

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    Take all the emotion out of the situation, difficult I know, but it's hard not to say the whole exercise from the word go has been an almighty shambles.
    Other than the Dundee vote I think its been handled pretty well tbh. Unless of course you read a weedgy rag newspaper.

Quote Originally Posted by CB_NO3 View Post
    If you compensate a team for coming last in an unfinished league then every club in the country could seek to be compensated as they could have potentially moved up a place, therefore opening up a can of worms and would end up with more court cases than football games.

Rangers could seek compensation claiming they might have won the league, Aberdeen could seek compensation claiming they could have came 3rd.

There was a vote to call it as is for a reason.
    They are going down in a season where the Championship will be shortened. These are unique circumstances and need unique solutions.

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    The rules didn't state anything. That's why we are in this mess.
    The rules clearly state that teams at the bottom of the league when a season comes to an end get relegated. The rules also state that the SPFL can declare the season finished before the full set of fixtures have been played if need be. That's why teams have been relegated. We're in this mess because Hearts don't want to abide by the rules.
    Last edited by Rumble de Thump; 08-07-2020 at 01:03 PM.

First Team Breakthrough
    Take all the emotion out of the situation, difficult I know, but it's hard not to say the whole exercise from the word go has been an almighty shambles.
    The only shambles has been the behaviour of Hearts. But that's nothing new.

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    They are going down in a season where the Championship will be shortened. These are unique circumstances and need unique solutions.
    Flash its more of a hard luck story. There is never a good time to go down but with multi- millionaire backers and 400k fan base they will be fine.

The decisions were fine. The complainers turned it all into a shambles instead of accepting the outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenworld View Post
    Flash its more of a hard luck story. There is never a good time to go down but with multi- millionaire backers and 400k fan base they will be fine.

I know they will. I am trying to take the fact it's Hertz out the equation and look at this dispassionately.

Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    The decisions were fine. The complainers turned it all into a shambles instead of accepting the outcome.
    I agree, the decisions ultimately were correct, however the SPFL were a bit clumsy in the way they got to those decisions and havent covered themselves in glory.

Despite what we all may feel, there is an element of Hearts being treated harshly. There was a chance (slim albeit) that they could have avoided relegation or been in the playoff. This I think should have been recognised by the SPFL.

The outcome should be that the current decision stands and I think there should be a compensation payment. However arguably the costs for the promoted clubs should be paid for bout of the compensation payment

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Springbank View Post
    Football is not being played in English league 1 or 2 though. Parts of Spain have reintroduced lockdown as the Corona virus re-emerged. And Scotland has gotten on top of the virus (in a way that The Neighbour hasnt)

I'd say most people in Europe would consider that Scotland has got it by & large right. If anyone needs to get a "finger out" then his name is probably Johnson, Trump or Bolsonaro
    100% this.

we are on the cusp of being rid of COVID through strict controls and for me in imo, I’d rather be here than in our southern neighbours yard.

However if no fans are allowed back in till then, they are not paying for testing, appearance and other bonuses, and will still receive furlough money up to the start of the season. How much actual revenue is lost due to this is debatable and nowhere near their fantasy figure.

Had reconstruction or their case been successful I'm not sure the difference would be dramatic.

In principle I would agree for all three as a nod to the fact of early finish but also as there are no parachute payments for Partick and Stranraer.

That applies to thirty clubs, though, not just Hearts and Thistle.

I'd imagine most people would have preferred to see the season played to a finish, even if (as unlikely as it sounds) it meant Hearts had stayed up.

To preserve the very existence of the clubs, though, the SPFL decided to have a vote to finish the season, and the vote was then democratically passed. They admitted they could have done certain things better, but no rules were broken in that vote.

The SPFL then practically bent over backwards to offer Hearts the opportunity to come up with an alternative solution that suited all clubs and Hearts totally failed to do so, preferring to spend their time lashing out at other clubs and bullying their own players into taking a pay cut.

It's very unfortunate circumstances but this is also an incredibly unusual situation, where people are losing their jobs... and thousands have even lost their lives.

I actually had sympathy for them for a long time, with the viewpoint that they could have been given a much larger parachute payment than normal, but their behaviour has been deplorable and now I honestly wouldn't care one jot if they either went bust or languished in the lower leagues for years.
    Last edited by Keith_M; 08-07-2020 at 11:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    I agree, the decisions ultimately were correct, however the SPFL were a bit clumsy in the way they got to those decisions and havent covered themselves in glory.

Despite what we all may feel, there is an element of Hearts being treated harshly. There was a chance (slim albeit) that they could have avoided relegation or been in the playoff. This I think should have been recognised by the SPFL.

The outcome should be that the current decision stands and I think there should be a compensation payment. However arguably the costs for the promoted clubs should be paid for bout of the compensation payment
    Dont know what everyone thinks but perhaps the relegated clubs should have got a percentage of the promoted clubs winnings. In the same way it might be fair to give hearts a bit compo, perhaps it should have come from Dundee utds winnings? Just a thought as its the same coin type of thing?

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Dont know what everyone thinks but perhaps the relegated clubs should have got a percentage of the promoted clubs winnings. In the same way it might be fair to give hearts a bit compo, perhaps it should have come from Dundee utds winnings? Just a thought as its the same coin type of thing?
    No.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Honestly think it was a very difficult situation handled in the main as well as could possibly be. There was simply not a no harm outcome and imo all the main decisions were correct despite an onslaught in some sections of the media to preserving Hearts top flight position.

@hibs.net private member
    In the same way it might be fair to give hearts a bit compo, perhaps it should have come from Dundee utds winnings?
    Why is it fair to give Hearts compensation but not give us compensation for moving from 6th to 7th? Answer - Hearts aren't due any compensation; they've been relegated because they were bottom at the end of the season.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    How have Hearts managed to gaslight people into believing that they have been treated harshly? They're not the only team that could have improved their league position. If they and Partick are the only teams that receive compensation for what they could have achieved then they've been given preferential treatment and their special pleading has been successful.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Springbank View Post
    Football is not being played in English league 1 or 2 though. Parts of Spain have reintroduced lockdown as the Corona virus re-emerged. And Scotland has gotten on top of the virus (in a way that The Neighbour hasnt)

I'd say most people in Europe would consider that Scotland has got it by & large right. If anyone needs to get a "finger out" then his name is probably Johnson, Trump or Bolsonaro
    From the 15th July I can visit a cinema & sit indoors with other people, I could also visit a museum, indoors with other people, but as yet Scottish football still can't get a firm date to start playing, out doors & with no supporters in the ground. Work that one out if you can. 🙄

It's not hard to say, but it wouldn't be right IMO. The SPFL hasn't been perfect but, as a membership organisation with some divergent interests, I think it's done pretty well.

It certainly hasn't been "an almighty shambles" with regard to the SPFL's actions.

From the 15th July I can visit a cinema & sit indoors with other people, I could also visit a museum, indoors with other people, but as yet Scottish football still can't get a firm date to start playing, out doors & with no supporters in the ground. Work that one out if you can. 🙄
    In a cinema, any sweaty actors in close proximity to one another were filmed months prior. That's not the case with football.

Time a start date was set in stone, competitive football being played in Spain, Germany & England yet Scottish clubs can't even arrange closed doors friendlies. Time the SG got it's finger out.
    Yeah football wasn't responsible for the spread if COVID and no one in Liverpool caught it because of an insignificant wee kick about with some obscure Spanish side.

It is not a case of pandering to impatent selfish football fans but taking the right decisions at the right time. I hope the SG finger is only pulled out when the time is right and not because some couldn't give a monkey's for the consequences because of their sense of entitlement.
    Last edited by hibbyfraelibby; 08-07-2020 at 12:14 PM.

Totally agree

The vote to end the league should have been seperate from distributing the money

That would remove the argument from across the road that clubs only voted to end the league because they wanted\needed the money
    Last edited by Not So Young; 08-07-2020 at 12:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Not So Young View Post
    Totally agree

The vote to end the league should have been seperate from distributing the money
    Why? How would it have worked?

Quote Originally Posted by Future17 View Post
    In a cinema, any sweaty actors in close proximity to one another were filmed months prior. That's not the case with football.
    Allegedly sweat is fine for example in cricket you can "shine" the ball using sweat but not spit. So BCD football should be possible .

As a poster I think Kiwidoug on jkb said beat St Mirren and Hearts will be OK as St Mirren would have been bottom at the time of lockdown. Would Hearts been rallying to the cause to help St Mirren I think not due to bad blood between them. Hearts are protecting their own self interests. What they have to bear in mind is that they are members of all associations in Scottish football and have to abide by any votes taken by the members whether they are right or wrong. If they don't like it they can resign.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Not So Young View Post
    Totally agree

That would remove the argument from across the road that clubs only voted to end the league because they wanted\needed the money
    Don't be daft. The vote to end the league was taken quickly for no other reason than to release the money and there was no reason to pretend otherwise.

With matches stopped, all gate receipts did too and clubs were about to go to the wall.

It does not please her majesty ! Something else she will grant and make us feel good.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Don't be daft. The vote to end the league was taken quickly for no other reason than to release the money and there was no reason to pretend otherwise.

With matches stopped, all gate receipts did too and clubs were about to go to the wall.
    You’re right to point out that the league needed to end to pay out the final instalments of the prize money, and that issue aside, even if they’d delayed the decision until today, the same outcome would have been arrived at, only teams would have had less time to prepare for whichever league they ended up in.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member TrinityHibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Future17 View Post
    How many cases of Covid have been reported as a result of the EPL playing football?

Couple Dundee United fans doing a sponsored walk from Tannadice to Tynecastle to raise money for the legal costs. Ridiculous that they’re having to do this, but fair play to them.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/tannadice...=p_cp_guide_do