hibs.net Messageboard

Page 123 of 218 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133173 ... LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,690 of 6516
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenworld View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What a strange thing to say at this stage of proceedings. Many reasons why it was not possible, all have been well documented.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
    Yet still I am having to try and explain it to some bloke on Twitter.

2. Log in to remove the advert

You only need to look at clubs like Charlton, where a number of first team players have refused the extension option, to see what sort of mess things could have become up here if we tried to restart the last season. Particularly when you see the number of players who were out of contract, some teams might have struggled to put together competitive squads, meaning an attempt to finish the season likely wouldn’t have been any ‘fairer’ than what actually happened.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Tug Wilson View Post
    It was a hypothetical answer to what we would have done If we were in Hearts position back in March. Nothing strange in it. Many people then including LD wanted
    To play out the season as the best option. The options in March were in order of preference:

1 Play out the season
    2 Call the league
    3 Reconstruction
    4 Null and void
    5 Legal action

Hearts went 4,3,5. I am saying we would have went 1,2. And as I said at the start 1 would probably nit have been workable or gather enough support and accepted 2 That is not to say we would not have tried a creative solution to1.

Nowhere I am advocating 1 now.

@hibs.net private member oldbutdim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HibbiesandtheBaddies View Post
    Cheers.

I’m glad my vindictiveness hadn’t gone completely unnoticed.

Quote Originally Posted by FilipinoHibs View Post
    It was a hypothetical answer to what we would have done If we were in Hearts position back in March. Nothing strange in it. Many people then including LD wanted
    To play out the season as the best option. The options in March were in order of preference:

1 Play out the season
    2 Call the league
    3 Reconstruction
    4 Null and void
    5 Legal action

Hearts went 4,3,5. I am saying we would have went 1,2. And as I said at the start 1 would probably nit have been workable or gather enough support and accepted 2 That is not to say we would not have tried a creative solution to1.

Nowhere I am advocating 1 now.
    I think the problem is you said it was possible when it wasn't.

If Hearts win their case and prevent promotion and relegation then surely Rangers will pile on (with some justification) and insist that Celtic’s title cannot count either. You cannot say it’s fine for Celtic to Be declared champions and therefore qualify for the champions league yet say the other three champions get nothing- it is effectively null and void from championship down.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Tynie01011973 View Post
    Exactly, it's not set in stone that the SG will allow 1 August restart even now
    Time a start date was set in stone, competitive football being played in Spain, Germany & England yet Scottish clubs can't even arrange closed doors friendlies. Time the SG got it's finger out.

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    Time a start date was set in stone, competitive football being played in Spain, Germany & England yet Scottish clubs can't even arrange closed doors friendlies. Time the SG got it's finger out.
    I suppose the counter to that is if we were playing games and scenario that happened with Aberdeen where a player tested positive, then it creates a lot of additional problems. The leagues who are playing games have a lot more money to spend on safety measures and a lot more money at risk if they weren't playing games so will put pressure on the powers that be to let them proceed.

First Team Breakthrough
    If, and its a big if, Hearts and PT win the first argument about the Dundee vote, the outcome isn't that they are re-instated. The outcome of a flawed company decision is for the SPFL to re-run the initial vote, or to put in place a different resolution to the vote. You can't take part of the decision (that those at the top of leagues are declared Champions) without having a completely new vote. Don't see this happening but this is an argument about voting procedure, not about the outcome of the procedure.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Is there any indication when arbitration decision likely to be announced? This week, early next week?

I'm not sure why people are saying IF they win their case and deny promotion...... thats just not going to happen. Are the SFA really going to put the SPFL in the situation of having to pause the season again whilst they re-do all the fixtures. This is just about giving Hearts enough money so we can all get on with football again. I expect it will a little more that the parachute payment....but only a little more.

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    I'm not sure why people are saying IF they win their case and deny promotion...... thats just not going to happen. Are the SFA really going to put the SPFL in the situation of having to pause the season again whilst they re-do all the fixtures. This is just about giving Hearts enough money so we can all get on with football again. I expect it will a little more that the parachute payment....but only a little more.
    I expect Hearts to lose full stop and then to be told to be on their way. Why give them any money?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    I expect Hearts to lose full stop and then to be told to be on their way. Why give them any money?

To compensate for the fact that they may very well have stayed up. It's what should have happened for all the relegated clubs.

I think arbitration could award relatively small figure of compensation. I fully expect and want the SFA to fine both clubs at least any figure the other clubs and SPFL are out of pocket due to legal expenses.

I said earlier how ridiculous it is that there could be £500k going out of the game at this time and ending up in the legal system for absolutely no material gain for any club.
    They have to be heavily penalised.

I have no problem with Hearts spending money on Neilson and Gordon, that's football and Dundee United have gained financially from it. Its the way money moves around the game, Gordon less so of course but its the modern game with free agents and bigger wages

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    To compensate for the fact that they may very well have stayed up. It's what should have happened for all the relegated clubs.
    In the opinion of who? Not the founding members who decided.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tug Wilson View Post

If that bloke is Tom English, good luck. He is f****** clueless.

Left by mutual consent!

Exactly. You'd think from the way Hearts are presenting this that compensation is some sort of pre-agreed alternative to re-instatement in the top flight. There's no either/or here, just a random multi million pound figure Hearts have thrown in to the mix. Nobody is actually owe them anything.

They would get money anyway as part of going down. I’m not expecting much more than that.

The rules don't state anything about giving relegated teams extra money. Teams don't get compensated for being so bad that they finish bottom of leagues when a season ends. They simply get relegated. This has always been about Hearts wanting an undeserved advantage at everyone else's expense. The only thing they deserve is relegation and whatever punishment the governing body deems appropriate.

Left by mutual consent! KingPat4's Avatar
    They would get money anyway as part of going down. I’m not expecting much more than that.

So, we should also get a wad of cash for being demoted to 7th place and losing out on ££££'s

Quote Originally Posted by CB_NO3 View Post
    In the opinion of who? Not the founding members who decided.
    In my opinion. That's why I said it.

Quote Originally Posted by Estupendo View Post
    The rules don't state anything about giving relegated teams extra money. Teams don't get compensated for being so bad that they finish bottom of leagues when a season ends. They simply get relegated. This has always been about Hearts wanting an undeserved advantage at everyone else's expense. The only thing they deserve is relegation and whatever punishment the governing body deems appropriate.
    The rules didn't state anything. That's why we are in this mess.

@hibs.net private member

Please always add IMO to your posts - just for clarity.

It would help clear up unnecessary confusion (IMO).

Me neither but some compensation for the unique circumstances wouldn't be unreasonable. If it was St Mirren most people on here would accept that I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by Del Boy View Post
    If Hearts win their case and prevent promotion and relegation then surely Rangers will pile on (with some justification) and insist that Celtic’s title cannot count either. You cannot say it’s fine for Celtic to Be declared champions and therefore qualify for the champions league yet say the other three champions get nothing- it is effectively null and void from championship down.
    Very reasonable argument. I agreed if DUFC are prevented from enjoying the fruits of their title win (ie promotion), then the season should be declared null and void. Celtic should be stripped of their title and lose their place in the CL. The Rangers, Aberdeen should be prohibited from playing in Europe. Hibs should be reinstated to top 6 place - with the approx payout.

Let's see how Tom English and the BBC deal the fall out of that

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post

Please always add IMO to your posts - just for clarity.

It would help clear up unnecessary confusion (IMO).

Coaching Staff
    Take all the emotion out of the situation, difficult I know, but it's hard not to say the whole exercise from the word go has been an almighty shambles.

Football is not being played in English league 1 or 2 though. Parts of Spain have reintroduced lockdown as the Corona virus re-emerged. And Scotland has gotten on top of the virus (in a way that The Neighbour hasnt)

I'd say most people in Europe would consider that Scotland has got it by & large right. If anyone needs to get a "finger out" then his name is probably Johnson, Trump or Bolsonaro

If you compensate a team for coming last in an unfinished league then every club in the country could seek to be compensated as they could have potentially moved up a place, therefore opening up a can of worms and would end up with more court cases than football games.

Rangers could seek compensation claiming they might have won the league, Aberdeen could seek compensation claiming they could have came 3rd.

There was a vote to call it as is for a reason.

Take all the emotion out of the situation, difficult I know, but it's hard not to say the whole exercise from the word go has been an almighty shambles.

This is genuinely not a dig at you but...

how do you think it should have been handled?

Do you disagree with the SPFL having a vote to end the season or just how they administered it?

Last edited by Keith_M; 08-07-2020 at 01:21 PM.