hibs.net Messageboard

Page 115 of 218 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125165215 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,450 of 6516
    The thread on KB is a cesspit, the venom and lack of knowledge is scary. I know I should stop looking but it is like a car crash you know you shouldn't look but you are drawn to it.

Note to myself stay away from KB.

2. Log in to remove the advert

So Budge has went from no team should be disproportionately disadvantaged to dragging Cove, Raith and Utd into the mix.

I know they were classless however this is a new low. What did Cove, Raith and Utd do??? Be the best team in their respective leagues when they ended!

Budge us more than happy to see other teams struggle yet cares not one jot.

All in all Budge will blame COVID for all this and take little or no responsibility for what she is doing.

I know that the SFA are looking at possible punishment and I really do hope it is severe (I know it won’t be though)

All about them from the off, we know this but why are the media ie Sportsound giving them such an easy time. Why have Dick Gordon and co not called them out on this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This was someone's first post on KB

Members
    1 post
    Posted 55 minutes ago
    I'm aware this is an essay, but nevermind!

It’s come to the point where I feel I can’t stand by any more. A reality check needs to kick-in at some point here.

At the time when the league was suspended, Hearts were bottom. They were beaten 1-0 by St Mirren in a game which the vast majority of Hearts supporters, and everyone else, had labelled as “must win”. Hearts didn’t win this game, and were therefore four points adrift at the bottom of the table with eight games to play. Hearts had won four games all season. The performance at St Mirren was described variously as “meek”, “insipid” and “lacking threat”. Hearts nearest rivals for relegation were unbeaten in their last five home matches and had kept clean sheets in four of those.

Hearts supporters shared the view that, from a sporting point of view, they were the worst team in the league. On 14th March, under the title of “At What point Did You Think Our Season Was Doomed?”, various posters on JKB acknowledged how poor Hearts were. Saughton Jambo, who has recently been noticeably vocal around fairness with regards to the Court of Session case, pointed out “This is worse than the 80-81 season [when Hearts were relegated]. We had an excuse back then... we don’t now”. Stan pointed out that “Going 3 down to Killie after the break … was the last chance to turn the corner and finish the season well”. Famous 1874 said that “It’s hard to say when we were doomed as we’ve been s***e all season bar a handful of results”. In a poll on the 14th March on JKB, 12.8% of Hearts own fans acknowledged that they deserved to be relegated.

From a sporting perspective, Hearts were the worst football team in the league. In the match thread following the St Mirren defeat, the overall mood was disappointment and acknowledgment of how poor a team they were. In that match thread, Fozzyonthefence noted prior to the defeat “Lose on Wednesday and we’re down. I think you’re the only person on here that doesn’t think that” in response to a poster suggesting they could stay up. JimmyCant pointed out that “We’ve got 5 key games left … We’ll need to win 4 out of those 5. That’s becoming a big ask the more you look at it.” Bear in mind, this is a Hearts team that had won four times all season.

On sporting merit, Hearts deserved to be relegated.

There is also the worrying trend emerging around Hearts supporters expressly hoping for negative outcomes for other clubs whilst at the same time becoming noticeably vocal around the concept of fairness. There is the startling example of the post on the aforementioned St Mirren matchday thread of a poster highlighting how funny it would be to beat St Mirren, sending them bottom, and then for the season to be called due to COVID19. I’m fairly certain the poster in question has had this particular post copy/pasted several times, and so I’ll spare them the reminder of it. This schadenfreude has now been replaced by hoping that other clubs go into administration, seemingly based on the assumption that they “voted against Hearts” in order to relegate them.

Throughout various threads, numerous assertions have been made as to which clubs people would like to go into administration. The thread titled “Administration” from 26th June notes that some fans believe that “quite a few” will suffer this fate and that Hearts should “Get that interdict served ASAP”. Amongst others, Dundee, Hibs, St Mirren, Ross County, Hamilton and Albion Rovers are all named as clubs that posters hope enter administration, a process which results in numerous job losses and can end in financial hardship for ordinary employees. It’s noteworthy that several of these clubs were Hearts rivals within the bottom six of the league.Thank goodness for the few comments of common sense on such matters, notably Sassenach, who said “I've suffered admin events … It's horrible, and I wouldn't wish it on any fellow football fans”. Some things surely transcend sport.

The matter of finance also comes into play in issue. Hearts suffered a previous administration event, ultimately leading to their relegation in the 2010s. This was caused largely by financial mismanagement. Within their list of creditors, Hearts included fellow football clubs Ayr United, Livingston, Musselburgh Athletic, Stenhousemuir and Rangers. They also owed monies to a variety of public bodies, including the City of Edinburgh Council, Scottish Water and Scottish Police Authority. There are no winners in administration events. Supporter boycotts of all clubs who voted against Hearts league reconstruction proposals have been widely mentioned online.

To a significant extent, supporters of other clubs (the Pie & Bovril forum is a marker of this) do sympathise with the situation in which Hearts currently find themselves, but many have expressed a significant distaste for the sense of entitlement being displayed. Under the JKB thread of “Wigan Go Into Administration”, posters note that there may be “decent freebies to be had” and that this is “karma for Webstergate”. The irony and understanding of the concept of karma and justice for perceived previous wrongdoings is an interesting one.

Similarly, the suggestion that Dundee United are a target of Hearts fans’ dislike appears to be an interesting perspective. Taken from the thread last week on JKB “I Used To Post On Here About Liking Dundee Utd”, Salad Fingers notes that he/she “recently developed a strong hatred of them and their fans”. The supposed crime committed by Dundee United is defending themselves and their promotion in the Court of Session and being asked to pay £50,000 for the privilege.

The thread posted this morning on JKB titled “Merging Clubs” highlights and reinforces the prevailing sense of entitlement amongst posters on the site, perhaps representative of the wider Hearts support. The assertion from Space Pirate that there are “far too many wee diddy clubs” and that clubs should merge underlines the contempt in which other clubs in Scotland are held.

As it stands, the hugely successful Foundation of Hearts brings circa £2M into the club each year from fans and it has been revealed that James Anderson has acted as a benefactor over recent times. During this time, Hearts have spent £17M on a main stand within Tynecastle and this is yet to be fully completed. During the recent Court of Session case, various figures of compensation have been raised and noted, both on JKB and within the Scottish media. It has been suggested that Hearts are seeking compensation and damages in the region of £8M.

Following on from the Court of Session hearing, Hearts supporters are seemingly painting the club, and Ann Budge in particular, as champions of justice, noting that there is a crucial role to be played in fighting corruption. Indeed, it has been suggested that Ann Budge previously stepped down from her role on the SPFL Board as she wanted to challenge the corruption that she saw. Reporting of the matter would seem to indicate otherwise - https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...l-board-583624

Throughout this process since March, there has been much play with regards to revisionism. The term relegated has been replaced with expelled, for instance. Interestingly, manager Daniel Stendal’s contract reputably had a clause allowing it’s termination in the event of relegation, as confirmed by both Ann Budge and Daniel Stendal. This clause was enacted. The tone and portrayal of Ann Budge has shifted too. Compare the descriptions with regards to her perceived leadership skills that were expressed on JKB during January and February to now.

Before Hearts continue to fall further down the rabbit hole of blaming other people, clubs and institutions, perhaps the blame needs to lie closer to home.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    That’s an outstanding post, Sammy.

I don’t imagine it’ll be well received on Kickback but they’ve called it spot on.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

I don’t imagine it’ll be well received on Kickback but they’ve called it spot on.
    That post is how they are seen from the outside yet they wonder why they are the most hated club. Sadly the only effect it might have, other than the probable bile in direct response, is that some might tone down their comments for a day or two before reverting to type.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    This was someone's first post on KB

Members
    1 post
    Posted 55 minutes ago
    I'm aware this is an essay, but nevermind!

It’s come to the point where I feel I can’t stand by any more. A reality check needs to kick-in at some point here.

At the time when the league was suspended, Hearts were bottom. They were beaten 1-0 by St Mirren in a game which the vast majority of Hearts supporters, and everyone else, had labelled as “must win”. Hearts didn’t win this game, and were therefore four points adrift at the bottom of the table with eight games to play. Hearts had won four games all season. The performance at St Mirren was described variously as “meek”, “insipid” and “lacking threat”. Hearts nearest rivals for relegation were unbeaten in their last five home matches and had kept clean sheets in four of those.

Hearts supporters shared the view that, from a sporting point of view, they were the worst team in the league. On 14th March, under the title of “At What point Did You Think Our Season Was Doomed?”, various posters on JKB acknowledged how poor Hearts were. Saughton Jambo, who has recently been noticeably vocal around fairness with regards to the Court of Session case, pointed out “This is worse than the 80-81 season [when Hearts were relegated]. We had an excuse back then... we don’t now”. Stan pointed out that “Going 3 down to Killie after the break … was the last chance to turn the corner and finish the season well”. Famous 1874 said that “It’s hard to say when we were doomed as we’ve been s***e all season bar a handful of results”. In a poll on the 14th March on JKB, 12.8% of Hearts own fans acknowledged that they deserved to be relegated.

From a sporting perspective, Hearts were the worst football team in the league. In the match thread following the St Mirren defeat, the overall mood was disappointment and acknowledgment of how poor a team they were. In that match thread, Fozzyonthefence noted prior to the defeat “Lose on Wednesday and we’re down. I think you’re the only person on here that doesn’t think that” in response to a poster suggesting they could stay up. JimmyCant pointed out that “We’ve got 5 key games left … We’ll need to win 4 out of those 5. That’s becoming a big ask the more you look at it.” Bear in mind, this is a Hearts team that had won four times all season.

On sporting merit, Hearts deserved to be relegated.

There is also the worrying trend emerging around Hearts supporters expressly hoping for negative outcomes for other clubs whilst at the same time becoming noticeably vocal around the concept of fairness. There is the startling example of the post on the aforementioned St Mirren matchday thread of a poster highlighting how funny it would be to beat St Mirren, sending them bottom, and then for the season to be called due to COVID19. I’m fairly certain the poster in question has had this particular post copy/pasted several times, and so I’ll spare them the reminder of it. This schadenfreude has now been replaced by hoping that other clubs go into administration, seemingly based on the assumption that they “voted against Hearts” in order to relegate them.

Throughout various threads, numerous assertions have been made as to which clubs people would like to go into administration. The thread titled “Administration” from 26th June notes that some fans believe that “quite a few” will suffer this fate and that Hearts should “Get that interdict served ASAP”. Amongst others, Dundee, Hibs, St Mirren, Ross County, Hamilton and Albion Rovers are all named as clubs that posters hope enter administration, a process which results in numerous job losses and can end in financial hardship for ordinary employees. It’s noteworthy that several of these clubs were Hearts rivals within the bottom six of the league.Thank goodness for the few comments of common sense on such matters, notably Sassenach, who said “I've suffered admin events … It's horrible, and I wouldn't wish it on any fellow football fans”. Some things surely transcend sport.

The matter of finance also comes into play in issue. Hearts suffered a previous administration event, ultimately leading to their relegation in the 2010s. This was caused largely by financial mismanagement. Within their list of creditors, Hearts included fellow football clubs Ayr United, Livingston, Musselburgh Athletic, Stenhousemuir and Rangers. They also owed monies to a variety of public bodies, including the City of Edinburgh Council, Scottish Water and Scottish Police Authority. There are no winners in administration events. Supporter boycotts of all clubs who voted against Hearts league reconstruction proposals have been widely mentioned online.

To a significant extent, supporters of other clubs (the Pie & Bovril forum is a marker of this) do sympathise with the situation in which Hearts currently find themselves, but many have expressed a significant distaste for the sense of entitlement being displayed. Under the JKB thread of “Wigan Go Into Administration”, posters note that there may be “decent freebies to be had” and that this is “karma for Webstergate”. The irony and understanding of the concept of karma and justice for perceived previous wrongdoings is an interesting one.

Similarly, the suggestion that Dundee United are a target of Hearts fans’ dislike appears to be an interesting perspective. Taken from the thread last week on JKB “I Used To Post On Here About Liking Dundee Utd”, Salad Fingers notes that he/she “recently developed a strong hatred of them and their fans”. The supposed crime committed by Dundee United is defending themselves and their promotion in the Court of Session and being asked to pay £50,000 for the privilege.

The thread posted this morning on JKB titled “Merging Clubs” highlights and reinforces the prevailing sense of entitlement amongst posters on the site, perhaps representative of the wider Hearts support. The assertion from Space Pirate that there are “far too many wee diddy clubs” and that clubs should merge underlines the contempt in which other clubs in Scotland are held.

As it stands, the hugely successful Foundation of Hearts brings circa £2M into the club each year from fans and it has been revealed that James Anderson has acted as a benefactor over recent times. During this time, Hearts have spent £17M on a main stand within Tynecastle and this is yet to be fully completed. During the recent Court of Session case, various figures of compensation have been raised and noted, both on JKB and within the Scottish media. It has been suggested that Hearts are seeking compensation and damages in the region of £8M.

Following on from the Court of Session hearing, Hearts supporters are seemingly painting the club, and Ann Budge in particular, as champions of justice, noting that there is a crucial role to be played in fighting corruption. Indeed, it has been suggested that Ann Budge previously stepped down from her role on the SPFL Board as she wanted to challenge the corruption that she saw. Reporting of the matter would seem to indicate otherwise - https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...l-board-583624

Throughout this process since March, there has been much play with regards to revisionism. The term relegated has been replaced with expelled, for instance. Interestingly, manager Daniel Stendal’s contract reputably had a clause allowing it’s termination in the event of relegation, as confirmed by both Ann Budge and Daniel Stendal. This clause was enacted. The tone and portrayal of Ann Budge has shifted too. Compare the descriptions with regards to her perceived leadership skills that were expressed on JKB during January and February to now.

Before Hearts continue to fall further down the rabbit hole of blaming other people, clubs and institutions, perhaps the blame needs to lie closer to home.
    Boom

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar

That poster has surely been emptied already?

I suspect that will be both their first and last post

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rossevenil View Post
    Leslie Deans spouting mair gash in the press calling for 2 fixture lists to be issued today,1 with 12 Premiership Teams in it and 1 with 11 plus a Championship club!

Seriously who keeps asking this idiot for his opinion as if he is some sort of Club Official.
    He’s not and if truth be told he is despised by many Jambos for past connections with them. Because he is uttering what they want to hear, he’s now a fan’s guru.

His recent spew about insisting the SPFL ‘documents’ being made readily and fully available for the arbitration panel is interesting. He, personally, from past personal experience knows the importance of the damage evidence can do. In this case, however, he is barking up the wrong tree. His problem is small man syndrome.

https://twitter.com/scotlandsky/stat...094898179?s=21

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    His problem is small man syndrome.
    I think his problem is he is a opinionated, self important, wee jambo fud of a trumped up estate agent

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Just been speaking to a The Rangers supporter who is livid about the whole Hearts situation and thinks they should be relegated to the bottom tier.

They have few friends even amongst the dregs of Scottish football. Every non-jambo I've spoken to says they fully deserve to go down. So just Sportsound then....

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post

ND is boring but he’s proved himself to be a safe pair of hands during this crisis.

The temptation to lay into Budge must be overwhelming at times, but he is staying level headed and restrained!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    Just been speaking to a The Rangers supporter who is livid about the whole Hearts situation and thinks they should be relegated to the bottom tier.

They have few friends even amongst the dregs of Scottish football. Every non-jambo I've spoken to says they fully deserve to go down. So just Sportsound then....
    The The Rangers fans have mixed emotions. On the one hand, they hate the mess Hearts are creating but are enjoying the fact that they think Doncaster and the SPFL are being put under extreme pressure which will result in some sort of clear out. I think they’re in for a disappointment.

@hibs.net private member

It certainly has wound them up especially the ones that keep typing"Stop re-posting the whole comment" only to find the next tube on Brokeback quotes the whole post - excellent stuff

@hibs.net private member hibeerealist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    They have paid out the £16k already, the next stage could cost them a lot more. Most clubs are struggling to get by just now without any income and Raith have no games until October. Unexpected legal bills that high would put a lot of clubs under.

Maybe the generous Mr J Anderson will take pity on their plight and fund it?????

Raith Rovers v Hearts could be very tasty

Quote Originally Posted by Irish_Steve View Post
    It certainly has wound them up especially the ones that keep typing"Stop re-posting the whole comment" only to find the next tube on Brokeback quotes the whole post - excellent stuff
    If they're queueing up to have a go at him then he's obviously hit the nail on the head.

@hibs.net private member Seveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    How can RR be on the verge of administration based on spending £16333 on a legal case? Whilst that’s money they shouldn’t have had to spend it’s not going to make them bust. United have rich owners so they can help fund their fight. I doubt many fans would contribute to a crowd funding page for the 3 of them. As others are saying any Hibs fan with extra cash should donate to HSL rather than other clubs.
    I am sure that Val McDermid will bail them out.

@hibs.net private member
    Ha ha ha - he/she has posted again and once more the maroon balloons are biting!

33 minutes ago, firsttimecaller said:
    In order to set a few points correct with regards to things I posted earlier.

Obviously, I don’t support Hearts, nor do I have a vested interest in the SPFL. I follow my local club, Bonnyrigg Rose.

No, I’m not a journalist or being paid or asked to post.

To be frank, I felt compelled to post on the basis I genuinely believe that the bigger picture is being missed here by supporters of Hearts on here in the dash to lay blame at everyone else’s door.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Raith Rovers v Hearts could be very tasty
    Anybody not going to that?

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    Anybody not going to that?
    Count me in, unless Hearts have joined the English leagues by then and are playing Wimbledon or MK Don's as I obviously won't be going there instead.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Testimonial Due Booked4Being-Ugly's Avatar
    Ha ha ha - he/she has posted again and once more the maroon balloons are biting!

Obviously, I don’t support Hearts, nor do I have a vested interest in the SPFL. I follow my local club, Bonnyrigg Rose.

To be frank, I felt compelled to post on the basis I genuinely believe that the bigger picture is being missed here by supporters of Hearts on here in the dash to lay blame at everyone else’s door.
    The truth is too painful for them. I didn't think that would be a Hearts supporter writing that - far too refreshingly honest and sensible to be a yam.

Raith v Hearts & Dundee v Hearts - tasty

ICTv Hearts a total love fest ❤️

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Col2 View Post

The "Duelling Banjos" Derby

It's Gary Locke

Blog Entries
    How well will their players do in almost every away game with no supporters? The muppets might get some perverse satisfaction from boycotting but have they stopped to think of the morale of their team. Do the muppets think their players will thrive on revenge and hatred?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    How well will their players do in almost every away game with no supporters? The muppets might get some perverse satisfaction from boycotting but have they stopped to think of the morale of their team. Do the muppets think their players will thrive on revenge and hatred?
    They'll probably do better without the usual abuse their own fans dish out to them.

First Team Breakthrough
    Do the actual ICT fans have a love-in with Hearts? I've only seen comments from the numpties on their board, who seemed to be supporting Hearts/Rangers position on things to the detriment of their own club. I know what our reaction would be if our board was doing that so I wondered if the ICT supporters were the same.

Complete with large screens in the town centre 😆