hibs.net Messageboard

Page 113 of 218 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123163213 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,390 of 6516
    Quote Originally Posted by Del Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/spo...l-battle-bust/

Apologies for the source, but how ridiculous is this? Team could go bust defending their right to be promoted after the SPFL took a vote and crowned them champions. Sure Hearts fans will be delighted to hear another club could die though. SPFL and SFA need to get a grip of this.
    Burn \ Destroy Scottish football to the ground kill off as many clubs as possible let's have a scorched earth policy. This is the narrative on KB I hope Tom English is pleased he is helping to drive this and Mr Benny Factor must be really pleased to see his millions are being put to good use by dragging down cash strapped community clubs. ,
    Last edited by Sammy7nil; 05-07-2020 at 10:44 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Don't see why they are swithering on the crowd funding. Get it started ASAP, surely there's no downside.
    Agree. Would also send a message of solidarity if you had fans of all other teams supporting this.

Quote Originally Posted by Col2 View Post
    Opinion piece by Bill Leckie.

100% spot on - every single point.

https://twitter.com/scotsunsport/sta...264055808?s=21

Thats the besr piece ive seen written on this whole farce. Ann Budge is a nasty piece of work.

This is a good piece and it's actually nice to see some frustration with Hearts from the MSM, given how deserved it is.

Despite that, I actually struggled to read it after getting to the image of their new stand. I will never come to terms with how much it resembles an early 90s office block constructed in an industrial estate in Slough.

Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    I think The SPFL QC can represent the clubs now.

At court the 3 clubs wanted the petition binned, whereas the SPFL wanted the complaint to be heard at arbitration as per the rules.

Its at arbitration now so the clubs will have to abide by the decision reached.
    https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/...-bill-22306676

according to this the promoted clubs are still expected to argue their case at arbitration, don’t see why the SPFL shouldn’t be doing this on their behalf.

@hibs.net private member McSwanky's Avatar
    Honestly. The irony of all this.

Hearts are clearly, by the signings they've made, and the not-so-anonymous benefactor, the best placed team to ride out the storm financially. If they actually followed their own pishy rhetoric, they'd "take one for the team" and go down quietly, knowing full well they'll be fine for cash.

But no. Instead they want to make innocent teams like Dundee Utd, Raith and Cove (who had the temerity to be top of their leagues when the global pandemic took over) suffer. Even though these teams have nothing like the financial clout that Hearts have.

They have shown themselves up time and time again to be absolute ****s who couldn't give a flying **** about anyone but themselves.

Scottish football is in the middle of a crisis, and although the pandemic is clearly the number one cause, Ann Budge and her cronies are a clear second.

Sent from my HRY-LX1 using Tapatalk

There's no chance that other clubs and the spfl / sfa will see raith go bust over this and I'm also sure that fans from other clubs will step up to the plate if and when they set up a crowd funding page. I've never had much time for that mob in Gorgie but right now they are really showing how disgusting a club they really are. They are laughing at the thought of well run clubs going bust and bragging about abusing the furlough scheme and at the same time have players on huge wage cuts yet actively looking to sign players on top wages in Scottish football terms and they have shelled out compensation to bring in a new manager. Bill Leckie has just touched the surface on all of these shaninaggins and it's about time the MSM really started to ask questions about what is going on with that dispicapble club. IMO they don't have a chance of winning any kind of arbitration from this hearing about to convene and once it's over the SPFL and SFA must hammer them with the strongest sanctions they can dish out

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    He’s right but he doesn’t go far enough imo.

Why is nobody taking Budge to task over her pathetic league reconstruction plan? The lack of effort put into that was a disgrace and it should be called out more than it has been.
    Yeah. Plus Lord Clark let her off the hook by saying they did the right thing by trying to get reconstruction done 1st and then only when it failed did they go down the legal route.
    That is correct however he probably wasn't aware of everything that took place beforehand:

In the middle of April Budge set a target of 3 weeks. It took 2 months. She also complained she was doing the SPFL Board's job by trying to get reconstruction. Completely incorrect. The Board didn't want to go down the reconstruction route because they knew it was a non-starter but agreed that discussions could be held to look at it. It was Budge's project and her responsibility to put forward a Member's Resolution however she fannied about for ages and then came up with a "discussion document " which was nowhere near a suitable format to put to clubs to vote on. The SPFL Board then had to step in to sort it out.

This all could have been resolved weeks and weeks ago but anything that Budge gets her hands on just gets turned into a long drawn out process.

Left by mutual consent!
    I thought Raiths case got kicked out?

Quote Originally Posted by McS****y View Post

Hearts are clearly, by the signings they've made, and the not-so-anonymous benefactor, the best placed team to ride out the storm financially. If they actually followed their own pishy rhetoric, they'd "take one for the team" and go down quietly, knowing full well they'll be fine for cash.

But no. Instead they want to make innocent teams like Dundee Utd, Raith and Cove (who had the temerity to be top of their leagues when the global pandemic took over) suffer. Even though these teams have nothing like the financial clout that Hearts have.

They have shown themselves up time and time again to be absolute ****s who couldn't give a flying **** about anyone but themselves.

Scottish football is in the middle of a crisis, and although the pandemic is clearly the number one cause, Ann Budge and her cronies are a clear second.

Yip said it all along the Budgie trumpeted they will have no financial worries as benefactor had ensured there was five years of funding in place. That said this was also when she demanded players take wage cuts and refused to consider season ticket refunds. A truly horrible horrible club.

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    They case was never heard. The asked for it to be dismissed before it was decided where it would be heard.

Raith, United and Cove proposed a motion for the case to be dismissed and sent to arbitration; that motion was denied, because it's merely suspended while it goes to arbitration, as per the SPFL's motion. The three clubs still have to fight their case in arbitration.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by McS****y View Post

Hearts claims to just wanting a fair outcome have been shown to be utter nonsense in all this. They just don’t want to be the club that got hit. Happy to see it happen to three other clubs though.

Hypocrites of Midlothian.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    They case was never heard. The asked for it to be dismissed before it was decided where it would be heard.
    So they asked for the case to be dismissed it got kicked out why no just leave it to the SPFL now then?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    So they asked for the case to be dismissed it got kicked out why no just leave it to the SPFL now then?
    They still have to argue that their promotion should not be reversed.

Hearts are trying to **** them.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aim Here View Post
    Raith, United and Cove proposed a motion for the case to be dismissed and sent to arbitration; that motion was denied, because it's merely suspended while it goes to arbitration, as per the SPFL's motion. The three clubs still have to fight their case in arbitration.
    Are they still not fighting the same case as the SPFL?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    They still have to argue that their promotion should not be reversed.

Hearts are trying to **** them.
    As much as I get that isn’t that what the SPFL are fighting against anyway? Is it a case of the more representation the better?

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Don't see why they are swithering on the crowd funding. Get it started ASAP, surely there's no downside.
    I would contribute and I am sure hundreds of other Hibs' fans plus thousands of other fans. Hearts are really the most despicable of clubs.

Budge will retire in the next 18 months and will have been responsible for zero trophies, pissing away 10s of £ms in dreadful players and vanity projects and will now been remembered as the most selfish, cowardly and despised person in Scottish football.

I used to think to Hearts as our Edinburgh near by rivals, given how budge has reacted I want nothing but the absolute worst for them.

Apologies for the source, but how ridiculous is this? Team could go bust defending their right to be promoted after the SPFL took a vote and crowned them champions. Sure Hearts fans will be delighted to hear another club could die though. SPFL and SFA need to get a grip of this.
    That's the sad thing

That horrible lot over the road will be delighted about this

And they call us vermin 🙄

James Anderson acting the good guy while funding legal action that is sending clubs to the wall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dup

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    James Anderson acting the good guy while funding legal action that is sending clubs to the wall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sportsound commentators want him to get a knighthood.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

I'm sure I read that the arbitration will start today? I guess that would be to decide who's on the panel etc can someone confirm?

And they call Hibs vermin.

****bags

Reading about Raith's situation reminds me of the occassions where large corporations with expensive lawyers who are in the wrong threaten innocent members of the public with expensive legal proceedings in the hope they will drop the case. It is an act of a party with deeper pockets who become desperate.

Hearts and Partick both have had benefcators and large donations of money and can try one last throw of the dice to try and force smaller , less wealthy clubs , in a time of struggle , to drop out of a legal challenge or go to the wall saving something they have earned.

I hope this gets resolved quickly and with no impact to Dundee Utd , Cove and Raith but the memory of Hearts and Particks actions will not go away for a long , long time

Finally a journalist saying exactly what 99.9% of Scottish football fans are saying. Bravo Bill Leckie.

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Finally a journalist saying exactly what 99.9% of Scottish football fans are saying. Bravo Bill Leckie.
    Refreshing isn’t it?!

Would be nice to hear more of them listen to the average football fan

I used to enjoy listening to sportsound but it’s become a joke, hearts mouth piece that claimed to know the Scottish clubs favoured reconstruction and it would pass

16/40 - probably their average score on their school tests

This needed to be copied for all to see. This needs to be circulated to all - a perfect summary of where we are at the moment. Scottish Football is in meltdown all because of one person and her incompetence.

Quote Originally Posted by The Sun

He’s also bang on when he expresses his dismay that Scottish football hasn’t been able to sort itself out despite its problems not meaning a toss compared to what’s going on in the wider world.

Without wishing to pick an argument with one of the game’s good guys, though, I have to say that, if he’s searching for a reason why it’s all gone so pear-shaped, it’s right under his nose; right there in his boyhood club’s boardroom.

Hearts are the ones who finished bottom of the table despite spending top-three money on players.

Hearts are the ones who panicked and demanded those players take pay cuts before the government even had the chance to introduce the furlough scheme.

Hearts backed the wrong horse in the vote on ending the season early, then again on the vote calling for an independent probe into how that decision was reached.

A reconstruction plan that would have saved their bacon fell on its backside, even though their own sugar-mummy Ann Budge chaired the committee who came up with it.

They dragged United, Raith Rovers and Cove Rangers into their legal fight to have the final tables declared void, a situation that has left Raith fearing they’ll be unable to risk a six-figure legal bill and will simply be crossing their fingers that the decision goes their way.

As if this wasn’t heavy-handed enough, Budge then nicked Robbie Neilson from Tannadice as her new manager — a hefty investment which, along with the deal to bring Gordon in from Celtic, is an almighty boot in the stones for every employee forced into a drop in wages when Budge pleaded poverty.

I know Jambos fans will be sick of reading this, maybe even as sick as I am of writing it, but it has to be put on record that, despite dominating the headlines for pretty much all of these 115 locked-down days, their club have produced not one positive, winning idea.

Good God, even when the hugely-generous James Anderson offered a donation of millions to make sure no clubs went down the pan, all Budge had to do was introduce him to Neil Doncaster and let them shake hands, but even then she managed to turn it into a fight.

Like Rangers chairman Douglas Park before her, she’s read the room wrong time and again. She’s been fighting shadows, punching smoke.

Plus, when she and her lawyers were throwing their weight around by plunging the plans of the three lower league winners into disarray, why didn’t they have the courage to claim that Celtic shouldn’t have been named Premiership champions?

After all, if they’re actually saying relegation shouldn’t have counted, how can the title stand?

Sorry, but there are more holes in Budge’s defence than . . . well, there were in her back four all last season, which really is saying something. And, for the umpteenth time, let me also say without fear of contradiction that, if they’d come off the bottom by winning at Paisley in the last, pivotal match before the shutters came down, we’d never have heard a peep from them.

So, sure, there will be bad blood whatever happens now. But it’s Hearts who spilled it.

Sure, it’ll forever be a crying shame that they, Partick Thistle and Stranraer were condemned to the drop when they still had enough games left to save themselves.

But there are also countless businesses who might never open their doors again, tens of thousands of workers sweating over when they’ll earn a crust again.

All Hearts were asked to do was suck up some rank bad luck and agree to kick a ball around in a different division come August — a division they’d be odds-on favourites to win.

Whatever happens next in this sorry, sordid saga, the fact that they preferred to cause chaos for everyone else around them will stain those famous maroon shirts for a long time to come.

Testimonial Due
    Sure, it’ll forever be a crying shame that they, Partick Thistle and Stranraer were condemned to the drop when they still had enough games left to save themselves.

Not sure about this one? Did Hertz not have games to save themselves?