hibs.net Messageboard

Page 114 of 218 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124164214 ... LastLast
Results 3,391 to 3,420 of 6516
    @hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by where'stheslope View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sure, it’ll forever be a crying shame that they, Partick Thistle and Stranraer were condemned to the drop when they still had enough games left to save themselves.

Not sure about this one? Did Hertz not have games to save themselves?

That’s what it says, “they, Patrick thistle and Stranraer”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by FilipinoHibs View Post
    I would contribute and I am sure hundreds of other Hibs' fans plus thousands of other fans. Hearts are really the most despicable of clubs.
    All the spare money I’m willing to put into Scottish football is going to HSL right now and it will stay that way. I’m not sure why we appear more skint than others right now but that’s for another day.
    If Raith go under then that’s on Hearts and they can live with the stigma of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    All the spare money I’m willing to put into Scottish football is going to HSL right now and it will stay that way. I’m not sure why we appear more skint than others right now but that’s for another day.
    If Raith go under then that’s on Hearts and they can live with the stigma of that.

Do you think for one minute it would bother them one single iota?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe6-2 View Post
    A quick five minute read of Kickback or any social media channel will show you they don’t give a monkeys, and in fact are celebrating the possibility of another club going just bust for having the temerity to be top of their league when the music stopped.

Hopefully the MSM will now start to dig into them like Bill Leckie has, this charade about not wanting anyone disadvantaged by what’s happened should be exposed for the self serving lie it is. They only care about Hertz, and don’t care what other clubs are affected as long as they’re OK.
    Last edited by Barney McGrew; 06-07-2020 at 07:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    I thought Raiths case got kicked out?
    Last week's case was essentially about the choice of venue for the case

Home (SFA Arbitration - spfl choice)
    Away (Courts - hearts choice)
    Or match abandoned (raith/du/cove)

The judge declared it a home fixture

The game hasn't kicked off yet

Quote Originally Posted by Barney McGrew View Post
    A quick five minute read of Kickback will show you they don’t give a monkeys.

Hopefully the MSM will now start to dig into them like Bill Leckie has, this charade about not wanting anyone disadvantaged by what’s happened should be exposed for the self serving lie it is. They only care about Hertz, and don’t care what other clubs are affected as long as they’re OK.
    I mean anyone with common sense knew it was always about Hearts. But muppets like Tom English will still make them out to be the fallen heroes.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    A quick five minute read of Kickback will show you they don’t give a monkeys.

MSM? Doubt it. Numbers, advertising, the Marooned pound.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

@hibs.net private member
    Leckie's a St Mirren fan, isn't he? Quite liking that club just now.

Quote Originally Posted by oneone73 View Post
    Leckie's a St Mirren fan, isn't he?.
    Falkirk.
    Last edited by Barney McGrew; 06-07-2020 at 07:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Finally a journalist saying exactly what 99.9% of Scottish football fans are saying. Bravo Bill Leckie.
    Emperor's new clothes, I tell ye'.

"Whatever happens next in this sorry, sordid saga, the fact that they preferred to cause chaos for everyone else around them will stain those maroon shirts for a long time to come."

Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    This needed to be copied for all to see. This needs to be circulated to all - a perfect summary of where we are at the moment. Scottish Football is in meltdown all because of one person and her incompetence.
    I also said, from day one of their griping, that if they had beaten St Mirren in their last game, you wouldn’t have heard a peep from them.

Not their fans, at least not right now but in the long term it would be damaging for them.

Falkirk.
    St Mirren 100%. Gordon Waddell is Falkirk.

Falkirk.
    He's definitely a St Mirren fan

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    St Mirren 100%. Gordon Waddell is Falkirk.
    Right enough. My Monday morning brain fog is still in place

Quote Originally Posted by oneone73 View Post
    Leckie's a St Mirren fan, isn't he? Quite liking that club just now.
    Falkirk.
    defo St Mirren fan

@hibs.net private member
    How can RR be on the verge of administration based on spending £16333 on a legal case? Whilst that’s money they shouldn’t have had to spend it’s not going to make them bust. United have rich owners so they can help fund their fight. I doubt many fans would contribute to a crowd funding page for the 3 of them. As others are saying any Hibs fan with extra cash should donate to HSL rather than other clubs.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vault Boy View Post
    This is a good piece and it's actually nice to see some frustration with Hearts from the MSM, given how deserved it is.

Despite that, I actually struggled to read it after getting to the image of their new stand. I will never come to terms with how much it resembles an early 90s office block constructed in an industrial estate in Slough.
    Bland, grey, soulless, disheveled, a product of a bygone era, not quite the finished article. Did you know they designed the megastand around the fans?

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    How can RR be on the verge of administration based on spending £16333 on a legal case? Whilst that’s money they shouldn’t have had to spend it’s not going to make them bust. United have rich owners so they can help fund their fight. I doubt many fans would contribute to a crowd funding page for the 3 of them. As others are saying any Hibs fan with extra cash should donate to HSL rather than other clubs.
    I am sure some fans would contribute. If however Hearts and Partick lose the case the SFA should fine them both to cover the legal costs.

They have paid out the £16k already, the next stage could cost them a lot more. Most clubs are struggling to get by just now without any income and Raith have no games until October. Unexpected legal bills that high would put a lot of clubs under.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar

We don't know how much it's cost them to date (the £50k divided by 3 is a guess) and we don't know how much it will eventually cost them after arbitration.

Having Counsel/Junior Counsel and solicitors with the meter running is scary stuff.

Leslie Deans spouting mair gash in the press calling for 2 fixture lists to be issued today,1 with 12 Premiership Teams in it and 1 with 11 plus a Championship club!

Seriously who keeps asking this idiot for his opinion as if he is some sort of Club Official.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    Bland, grey, soulless, disheveled, a product of a bygone era, not quite the finished article. Did you know they designed the megastand around the fans?

That glass curtain is really impressive though. Every other club can only look on in awe... 🤥

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rossevenil View Post
    Leslie Deans spouting mair gash in the press calling for 2 fixture lists to be issued today,1 with 12 Premiership Teams in it and 1 with 11 plus a Championship club!

Seriously who keeps asking this idiot for his opinion as if he is some sort of Club Official.
    And maybe a Championship fixture list with just 9 clubs in it

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazyhorse View Post
    That glass curtain is really impressive though. Every other club can only look on in awe... 🤥
    Looks like my high school in the 70’s😳

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    They won't, their approach to their self declared special relationship with WW1 whilst not actually acknowledging the contradiction of their club failing to ensure they at least paid the Lady Haig poppy fund for a wreath before they put themselves into administration tells you all you need to know.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    I am sure some fans would contribute. If however Hearts and Partick lose the case the SFA should fine them both to cover the legal costs.
    I’m of the opinion that Hearts & Partick should in no way be allowed to bring in new players for next season at this point. All active business should be suspended due to taking Scottish football to court.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rossevenil View Post

Best ignored that clown

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    They won't, their approach to their self declared special relationship with WW1 whilst not actually acknowledging the contradiction of their club failing to ensure they at least paid the Lady Haig poppy fund for a wreath before they put themselves into administration tells you all you need to know.

Really gets on my goat the way they have hijacked Macrae's narrative. They seem to forget that a significant number of players and supporters from two other teams signed up too. Its one of the reasons Hibs were always represented at the Haymarket memorial service.

However their disgusting attitude toward Raith Rovers, the other team, sums up their verminous arrogance. It wasn't just Hearts who lost players and supporters on the Somme on that day in July 1916 fighting in that battalion. Raith proportionally lost more.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    He's definitely a St Mirren fan
    Aye. He used to go to Love Street With his dad.