hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Grim times. At least we know we have to be self sufficient.

Point in RG buying the club again?
    Cross border leagues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Probably because he feels he can make a success out of us. That doesn’t necessarily mean throwing money at us at a time when we should be tightening our belts as income has been reduced dramatically.

Nothing wrong with striving to live within our means.
    Exactly right.

Can we also stop overlooking the fact that his first action was to make us debt free? Imagine having £120k+ of loan repayments to make on top of all this ****.

Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    I’m not sure there will be clubs playing for them to go back to mate they won’t return for some time either
    I’m hoping to get ours back training next week no contact. If they don’t get teams playing again by August/September there is going to be unofficial games happening all over the place. Youth footy will be back long before the end of the year. I can see why Hibs are mothballing it because it costs money but that’s not an issue with youth footy.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Why did he actually buy the club? We have no rights to any owners money but a year in there’s nothing.

Of course there is all this as a massive situation upon the club but still I’ve no idea, when he doesn’t want to put his own money in as “his right” why buy us?

It would have been nice to be bought by someone thinking it doesn’t have to be their right to invest.
    A year in, but an unprecedented year at that.

He announced a list of stadium upgrades and financial targets before all this happened remember.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    I’m hoping to get ours back training next week no contact. If they don’t get teams playing again by August/September there is going to be unofficial games happening all over the place. Youth footy will be back long before the end of the year. I can see why Hibs are mothballing it because it costs money but that’s not an issue with youth footy.

In addition to the cost, mothballing the youth teams will also reduce the number of people visiting East Mains while the virus is still prevalent in community.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Shame for the boys in the system at that age but I’m pleased about that.

Boys are in the academies too young now imo.
    There are also 100s of girls at Hibs. Theyve said nothing yet.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Could we not set up something like this to help the club?

https://www.afc.co.uk/aberdna/
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    I’m not sure there will be clubs playing for them to go back to mate they won’t return for some time either
    Local clubs will be back training in the next month. Of that I am certain.

For me it’s simple now is the time to concentrate on our own club we’ve had our fun regarding our neighbours they’re fate is sealed we must back the club in any way we can ie purchase season tickets , if not donate through HSL as much as you can afford ASAP cmon let’s do this cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Garymcl View Post
    For me it’s simple now is the time to concentrate on our own club we’ve had our fun regarding our neighbours they’re fate is sealed we must back the club in any way we can ie purchase season tickets , if not donate through HSL as much as you can afford ASAP cmon let’s do this cheers
    Agreed all focus on the cabbage from now on. Season ticket sales, HSL and Hibs direct. Premier club Premier support

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    It reduces the value of what other people have also funded. That now needs to come out of the budget.

I think everyone who contributes their cash has the right to have a view on whether people taking that money back out is reasonable or not.

If folk are needing it to get by, genuinely, then fair play. I suspect there are a lot of cases of it being a nice to have if those figures are correct.
    That’s a nasty point of view. Care to reconsider?

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    I don't think there's a single reason for everybody that's claimed a refund having done so.

There will be people who are struggling financially, and maybe even had multiple season tickets in the one household, so they'll really need the money just now.

There'll be others that maybe couldn't justify the full cost of a season ticket for next season, but claiming back the £80 or so helps them afford it.

Also, some people will maybe think of the expense along the exact same lines as if it was a cancelled theatre show, or whatever, and decide they have the right to be refunded.

This is entirely their decision to make, and I don't think anybody else has the right to judge.
    Nailed it, thank you

Cheers (04sauzee) I just think we definitely should be totally concentrating our threads on net on ways of helping our club from now on in general positive suggestions pulling together to help our club that we all love I’ve renewed my season tickets but would be willing to give a bit more through HSL etc whichever is the best way to contribute outwith season tickets Ggtth

@hibs.net private member Radium's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    Could we not set up something like this to help the club?

https://www.afc.co.uk/aberdna/
    The are many qualified people on this site so happy to be corrected. Sure that these schemes are subject to VAT so the full amount doesn’t go to the club.

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    I agree, 15% is quite high. However, new millionaire owner and well paid football players (who to give them their due have done the right/noble thing) does make the choice more murky for people. So far I quite like Ron but to have him talking about financial difficulties is a bit well...rich. I cannot say whether the 15% will need that £100 to put food on the table but I can say with almost 100% certainty that £100 will mean more to those fans than it would to Ron or the players (barring a few exceptions).
    At what point have the players done the right thing. They have agreed to take a wage deferral.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by happiehibbie View Post
    At what point have the players done the right thing. They have agreed to take a wage deferral.
    Is that not what would be deemed the right thing in these circumstances?

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/...mpression=true

It’s not all bad news.

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HIbs2 View Post
    That’s a nasty point of view. Care to reconsider?
    Don’t bother, Andy has been touting his hard line on the refunders since the day it was announced....seems to get some sort of kick out of repeating the same crap on this subject ad nauseam.

Keith’s post earlier in the thread summed it up nicely and Pretty Boy capped it off.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee

It’s not all bad news.

To be fair, most of that article was pretty depressing reading.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by JammyDoidger View Post
    Can't understand anyone taking money back from missed games..had the games been played they wouldn't have the money anyway. Couldn't sleep if I took the money back. But having said that. I'm a bit disappointed to be reading about wage cuts. I'd expect our chairman to help us financially for now. Even untill the turn of the year. I'm in agreement that we shouldn't sign any players though, we should maybe give youth a go for now as no one knows how long this is going to last, offering someone a long term contract wouldn't be sensible from a business point of view.
    Seeing as we’re being judgmental without any real facts about personal circumstance, I think it’s outrageous that you expect to use hibs.net for free and leave folk like me to subsidise you. Hope you can sleep at night.

That’s how it works, right?

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar

It’s not all bad news.[emoji106

The season ticket figure in that article is short by 1500, and the club who leapfrogged us was St Johnston, not Kilmarnock.

If those basics are wrong then Christ knows how accurate the rest of it is.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I had already accepted weeks ago that anyone with a transfer value would be sold this window if possible. That means Boyle and Kamberri. I had forgot about Marciano. It’s possible that an Israeli team may buy him I suppose.
    Costs are going to be cut back to the bone. I still think we will make signings but only once these players are moved on. I can’t see anyone else moving on as they won’t get offered the same as they get here although the reduction might help here if we can negotiate them.
    First thing the players are going to do though is protect themselves and in return for taking a reduction they may limit us in bringing players in as they have with the deferrals. That would make life very hard for Jack Ross. We are going to need David Gray and Darren McGregor to really show it was worthwhile giving them those ridiculously long contracts by helping persuade the players to take the cuts and not restrict the manager in bringing in players. There are going to be some very cheap footballers out there. Teams like Kilmarnock with very few players under contract are in a great position to take advantage.
    This is going to be a very interesting week but it is good news that there is interest in Kamberri.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Grim times. At least we know we have to be self sufficient.

Point in RG buying the club again?
    Hugely unlucky timing wise however trying to manage runnng costs as well as possible in a global pandemic and worst economic downturn ever which makes complete sense imo.

The posters expressing disappointment in Ron Gordon. The money he’s put in to date will have paid the bills for the last few months.

We now need to cut back our spending as much as possible whilst running a competitive first team. At the end of the year we’ll have a shortfall and again, it’ll be him who’s going to fund that.

Not really sure what people are looking for but I guess we’ll all see the actual impact of this as the squad takes shape in the next month.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    It’s good that there seems to be interest in Kamberi. It is disappointing that we’ve found ourselves in a position where he’s going to leave for well under his potential value. Not really Hibs fault as he’s proved to be a basket case but you could easily see him going elsewhere and becoming a success. All we can do is build in a sell on clause I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    The posters expressing disappointment in Ron Gordon. The money he’s put in to date will have paid the bills for the last few months.

We now need to cut back our spending as much as possible whilst running a competitive first team. At the end of the year we’ll have a shortfall and again, it’ll be him who’s going to fund that.

Not really sure what people are looking for but I guess we’ll all see the actual impact of this as the squad takes shape in the next month.
    He was never billed as a sugar daddy anyway. He’s here to make money.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post

Yeah this is where I’m at. Anyone expecting him to cover our losses till crowds come back and still fund us running an expensive first team squad are mistaken, we’ve got to cut back. I don’t doubt we’ll sign players etc but let’s not take the hump if the Dundee United chairman has decided he wants to ***** 500k of his own money on Kevin Nisbet while ours is more focused on the long term sustainability of the club. I wouldn’t expect things to be any different under STF.

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    Is that not what would be deemed the right thing in these circumstances?
    No as they will not lost out. However people who bought season tickets will lose /donate money to Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by happiehibbie View Post
    Senior players offered a reduction when the deferral was agreed.