hibs.net Messageboard

Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1826272829 LastLast
    Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Costs £7m a month to run Celtic. If there is no money coming in then they will very quickly burn through that cash pile of theirs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If only Celtic had saved Hearts. They’d still be turning a profit such is the power of the maroon pound.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Costs £7m a month to run Celtic. If there is no money coming in then they will very quickly burn through that cash pile of theirs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They do have a few players who could be sold for signifcant money, though.

@hibs.net private member 18Craig75's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    I listened too and I took something different from it i thought he was saying Ron is absent and appears to be giving no direction to the club.

It just goes to show we hear the same thing but take very different meanings.
    This was my take on it as well.

Transfer Fees

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    They do have a few players who could be sold for signifcant money, though.
    it will be interesting to see what the future holds for transfer fees. If we are struggling to get £150k for Kamberi who could possibly have commanded a £2 million fee in the January window then the main guys at Celtic like McGregor, Edouard , Ajer , Forrest etc will have dropped in value as well but you are right that they have saleable assets but the demand might not be what it was before Covid .

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernianrus View Post
    it will be interesting to see what the future holds for transfer fees. If we are struggling to get £150k for Kamberi who could possibly have commanded a £2 million fee in the January window then the main guys at Celtic like McGregor, Edouard , Ajer , Forrest etc will have dropped in value as well but you are right that they have saleable assets but the demand might not be what it was before Covid .
    We were never getting 2 million for Kamberi, though. Edouard is actually a 25 million pound player, or at least has the potential to be one.

The clubs who are buying Edouard also haven't been affected anywhere near as much as the ones potentially buying Kamberi.

Kamberis value has dropped because he has burned bridges and also has 1 year left

English Premier League Covid impact

We were never getting 2 million for Kamberi, though. Edouard is actually a 25 million pound player, or at least has the potential to be one.

The clubs who are buying Edouard also haven't been affected anywhere near as much as the ones potentially buying Kamberi.

Kamberis value has dropped because he has burned bridges and also has 1 year left
    I think 95% of clubs have been majorly impacted- just look at Spurs borrowing £175 million from the government to see their way through the crisis. That tells me that although transfer fees will be paid there will be a lot less clubs in a position to pay £25 million .

Your right about Kamberi burning his bridges and the time left on his contract so with him it is definitely the buying club that holds the aces regarding the fee.

I think 95% of clubs have been majorly impacted- just look at Spurs borrowing £175 million from the government to see their way through the crisis. That tells me that although transfer fees will be paid there will be a lot less clubs in a position to pay £25 million .

Your right about Kamberi burning his bridges and the time left on his contract so with him it is definitely the buying club that holds the aces regarding the fee.
    Well, Spurs are an extreme example because they made an absolute mess of building the stadium, it was like 500million over budget and the way it works is that the stadium is their main source of income. They based the whole project around match day revenue.

@hibs.net private member Stonewall's Avatar

The clubs we are likely to be dealing with also know we won’t be hard to deal with.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Seemingly Aberdeen are able to maintain their Academy. They have an income much greater than Hibs though

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Seemingly Aberdeen are able to maintain their Academy. They have an income much greater than Hibs though
    Is their new training ground now up and running?

Quote Originally Posted by oneone73 View Post
    Is their new training ground now up and running?
    Was opened last autumn.

Not sure whether the stadium development is going ahead though.

Left by mutual consent!
    It's unfortunate that clubs are having to take these sort of measures but they're no different to any businesses which have only limited funds coming in at present.

I'm ok with the temporary route we're going down as the one thing we need to avoid at all costs is being anywhere near a relegation battle next season - hence the correct focus on the first team.

Quote Originally Posted by Stonewall View Post
    Was opened last autumn.

Not sure whether the stadium development is going ahead though.
    Stadium development put on hold due to Coronavirus.

It had been put on hold before Coronavirus. Is that what Cormack is saying now?
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Nah, the stadium plan was burn't a long time before Covid. Be lucky to see it built before 2030 and perhaps never. All dependent on a high value for the land at Pittodrie.

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    Nah, the stadium plan was burn't a long time before Covid. Be lucky to see it built before 2030 and perhaps never. All dependent on a high value for the land at Pittodrie.
    You couldn’t find a better location for a football stadium that Pittodrie. Near the city centre, and loads of amenities all round it. The amount of fans that go to the Beach Boulevard prematch is massive
    Be better spending money and doing it up, as 3/4 of it is a dump

You couldn’t find a better location for a football stadium that Pittodrie. Near the city centre, and loads of amenities all round it. The amount of fans that go to the Beach Boulevard prematch is massive
    Be better spending money and doing it up, as 3/4 of it is a dump
    There’s not a lot they can do there, the footprint is too small. They passed on the chance of buying the old gasworks behind the ground which would have let them rotate the layout by 90 degrees. Stewart Milne even missed out on the land, Barrats built flats on it.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    There’s not a lot they can do there, the footprint is too small. They passed on the chance of buying the old gasworks behind the ground which would have let them rotate the layout by 90 degrees. Stewart Milne even missed out on the land, Barrats built flats on it.
    You’d have thought they could much improve the Stand we’re housed in, it’s probably bigger than our old East stand, and look what we did with that

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    It had been put on hold before Coronavirus. Is that what Cormack is saying now?
    I knew Cormack had broached the subject last year but wasn’t sure what the current state of affairs was so I googled it and that’s what came up.

Playing in an empty Easter Road will mean that Kamberi doesn't have the fans on his back. If he doesn't get transferred he could have at least half a season in him until fans return.

@hibs.net private member
    I notice Aberdeen annnouncjng today they have raised £5M versus their £10M hole due to Covid...quite impressive. I wonder what our equivalent numbers are ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    I notice Aberdeen annnouncjng today they have raised £5M versus their £10M hole due to Covid...quite impressive. I wonder what our equivalent numbers are ?

Where have they raised this from?

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Where have they raised this from?
    I think what he actually said was that they have raised and made savings of £5m. Big difference. Made savings means cutbacks. Raised could be loans, who knows. Let's not use this to best Hibs with. Not saying you have been doing that btw.

Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    I think what he actually said was that they have raised and made savings of £5m. Big difference. Made savings means cutbacks. Raised could be loans, who knows. Let's not use this to best Hibs with. Not saying you have been doing that btw.
    I didn’t, only asked a question😄

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    I didn’t, only asked a question😄
    Yeah, I know. But at some point someone is going to say look at Aberdeen, why aren't Hibs doing what they are doing etc etc

@hibs.net private member
    Everyone furloughed at the club on Furlough will be getting their 20% wages back when they all return to work. Not sure if the players will get that tomorrow when they are back or will wait till everyone back at the same time to get it back. But it’s in writing that those on Furlough will get their 20% back when they return.

@hibs.net private member Gerard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HendoDelivered View Post
    Everyone furloughed at the club on Furlough will be getting their 20% wages back when they all return to work. Not sure if the players will get that tomorrow when they are back or will wait till everyone back at the same time to get it back. But it’s in writing that those on Furlough will get their 20% back when they return.
    Very interesting post

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post

And rangers have 32000 season ticket renewals, level playing field 😩

Really?

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Doesn’t make a lot of sense, if they could afford to pay everyone the extra 20% surely they would have paid it monthly rather than owe a big lump sum when they return.